I live in NorCal and decided to take a break from work for a few days, my plan was to just go down to Cabo, check it out and spend most of the day relaxing at the beach.
Posada Real was the best 3+ stars option I was able to find: located on the beach, breakfast and free drinks included with my stay, with pretty decent reviews.
The hotel is located in the "zona hotelera" of San Jose, with a few restaurants and coffee shops not far. Also not far is the Mega store, which is a quite large grocery store and around it there are a bunch of fast food places and shops, like Starbucks, McDonalds, Subway and so on.
The hotel itself is nice and clean. Quite small compared to the other huge resorts you'll see around it, but still with its own bar by the pool, a tacos bar next to the pool, and entertainment every night. The staff is attentive and friendly. The hotel provides you with filtered water dispenser all around the property and two water bottles that you can refill on your own. Next to the beach there's a beach volley field as well as ping pong tables and a tennis court.
I was alone staying in a double twin room, with a medium sized TV set (you can see some channels in english, but most are in spanish - nonetheless they had CNN in english, as well as FOX and ESPN2 in spanish) and a very small patio with garden view. A desk and a table inside the room, as well as a large closet next to the front door - in front of the bathroom. The bathroom consists of a WC, a large sink (I could even wash my shirts a few times there, it's extremely hot in San Jose and you're gonna get drenched in sweat in 10 minutes as soon as you leave the hotel) and a bathtub. AC works great in the room but it's not installed in the corridor to get into your room (and you can feel it).
Drinks by the pool are served quickly and are good. The selection is not that large (maybe also because it's low season so they may not keep as many bottles as they usually do) and they barely put some alcohol in them but that was ok with me. The breakfast menu was quite variegated instead, and the quality was pretty good.
All in all a very nice stay and I'm looking forward to come back. The missing star is due to the fact that it's not a 5 star Hilton, so don't expect brand new furniture or a hundred channels TV or jacuzzi in your room. But it's still a steal for the price. The hotel is very family-oriented and clientele is mainly Mexican but still with quite a few Americans. In general if you're looking to party till dawn you should check out Cabo San Lucas, not San Jose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beach, a few yards from several of the many golf courses in Los Cabos area, close by the new marina "Puerto Los Cabos". With its low - rise structure, charming contemporary Mexican style and cactus gardens, the Posada Real blends perfectly with the rugged beauty of the Baja Peninsula The Posada Real Los Cabos Resort is a totally different property, because you can choose between two options of lodging: Our "All Inclusive" option, where you will receive breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and a selection of domestic drinks from 11:00am to 23:00 hours; and our unique "Drinks Inclusive" option, where you will receive, FREE of charge, a selection of domestic drinks, from 11:00am to 23:00 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Posada Real Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Real Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western Posada Real Los Cabos
- San Jose Del Cabo Best Western
- Posada Real Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo