Posada Real Los Cabos
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$169
$146
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$375
$209
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$276
  • Pool
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$815
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$462
$431
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$319
$268
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)
$725
$653
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$281
$182
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$420
$351
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$134
TripAdvisor
1,349 results
All reviewscactus gardensan joseswim up barsmall resortlos cabosall inclusive packagean older hotelmexican familiestaco barbar closeslots of fresh fruittacospartial ocean viewstar resortmariachi bandmexican dishesbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 days at this wonderful resort. The beach here is large and beautiful , and during our 5 day stay we never had a problem gettibng a chair or lounger on the beach. The beach waiters are awesome and efficient. The property is an older property , but well taken care of . Beach views from all balconies included. The food was so- so with Breakfast probably being the best meal of them all . Dinners could be really bad or there could be a couple of good dishes provided. We went into town most evenings and had meals that were quite good. There was probably 70% hispanic and 25 % Canadian / US and that was neat to watch US / Mexico Soccer in the bar ,and Karaoke. Really nice experience , would definately return

Room Tip: Don't waste mopney on upgrading rooms , all have partial ocean views!
1  Thank muddman09
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Want to visit Los Cabos, stay in a resort on the beach, have a great time and do it for a reasonable price? Here it is, in colonial San Jose del Cabo (which is much closer to the airport than San Lucas, BTW). No screaming teenagers on spring break here.

I'd read criticisms online so I wasn't expecting much. But they were wrong (and the glowing reviews were right). From my observations this is by far the best place on the beach- which is huge and beautiful, by the way.

It is the smallest place by far, and designed to seem even smaller.

Everything is well-kept-up.

There is a large, very well done garden- cacti, succulents, and the like- filling the courtyard. Most or all the others use that space for pavement and lounges. Many others even have a wall blocking the beach from view (!)

The actual buildings are set further from the beach than any other place, using the extra space for their own private beach, swimming pool (large, with kiddie pool and hot tub), and so forth. Fewer rooms, more luxury. Lots of palapas and lounge chairs.

Every room has a beach-garden-and-ocean view, thanks to the slant of the hotel wings.

Every room has a spacious balcony.

Breakfast is part buffet, part cook-to-order. Tasty as such thing go. Fresh-made tortillas, one "squash" at a time.Free drinks don't hurt either, though you may have to ask them to put alcohol in them- which they do willingly. (Don't forget to tip the bartender... it's worth it.)

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room facing the inner garden area... it's beautiful, especially if you are gardener. Second floor is ideal since they have no elevator. And don't hesitate to ask for help with the A/C remote control- it's a little hairy if you aren't used to this kind of A/C.
5  Thank Hartrick
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Posada Real is excellent for the price, but it is not for you if you are overly picky. Nothing about the hotel stood out and there were some idiosyncrasies (toilet seat lids that would not stay open) that are typical of 3.5 star hotel in Mexico (not that they are necessarily a bad thing - some of the oddities are actually endearing). It is an older hotel and the beds were hard (not surprising). But the hotel was kept clean. The food was good and while it was not a huge buffet, there was a different theme nightly so there was good variety from night to night. Most of our lunches were from the Taco Bar at the beach and they were very enjoyable - especially since you could get it served to you right to your lounger on the beach (I have had beach service at other hotels, but usually only drinks). The breakfast buffet became the most repetitive, but there was someone to make fresh eggs/omelets every morning (I really liked the traditional coffee). There is no entertainment staff, but there was entertainment in the lobby nightly. Things wrapped up by 10:30 or 11:00 p.m. Drink selection was better than average for a hotel in this range and included Bailey's and Malibu knock-offs. I am a tequila drinker and their tequilas were on the cheap side - Gran Jurado Oro, 100 Anos Oro, Jose Cuervo Reposado, El Jimador blanco, etc. - exactly what I expected. At dinner, they would put some Gran Jurado in a white oak barrel and that was somewhat better.

What made the hotel were the people. The staff were good to excellent and as said earlier, beach service is something you do not get at many 4+ star hotels. Of note, Krista was amazing every night in the lobby bar and bartenders and servers like Jeremias and Sergio stood out. What was the most fun were the people we met. In most hotels, Canadians seem to be in the majority, but this one had a fantastic mix. At one point there were so many Mexicans in the hotel, we were in the minority. We had so much fun with the mix of young, old, Mexican, American, Canadian and even Panamanian. Overall, for someone like me in my mid-40s, it was the perfect mix of a quiet relaxing hotel and party hotel.

The other advantage is its proximity to everything. Short walk to a Mega store, a longer 1/2 hour walk to San Jose (beautiful town in which you have to have Churros from the cart in the square that seems to be there nightly. The art walk is incredible.). If you do not feel like walking, it only costs ten pesos to take the bus. It is a half hour bus ride to Cabo San Lucas and around a 20 minute bus ride to Chileno Beach/Bay (less than 30 pesos each way). The hotel will pack you a bag lunch if you are doing activities outside the hotel.

I mentioned the lack of entertainment staff, but it did not stop us from creating our own. We met a group of university students from Puebla and two nights they were able to procure wood and a barrel from the hotel for a fire on the beach. The hotel had both beach and water volleyball nets and you could create your own games. It even has a putting area.

Overall it was a great two weeks. It reminded me of The Friendly in Puerto Vallarta (which I liked better) and would go back if the price was right. Numerous people we spent time with mentioned that they have been before and/or would go back. The last time we were in Los Cabos, we stayed at the Riu Santa Fe near Cabo San Lucas. While overall we liked the Riu better as a hotel, we liked San Jose del Cabo better and enjoyed the experience of a smaller hotel.

Must do: Chileno Beach for snorkeling and ocean swimming. Tequila fans must go to Los Barriles de Don Malaquias (I bought a one litre white oak barrel of anejo tequila for less than $80).

4  Thank Canuckshowman
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week and overall I was pleased. I think it is a really good budget option, but still is right on the beach and centrally located. We did the breakfast and drinks only option (as opposed to all inclusive), and I was very happy with it. There is a hot breakfast buffet with lots of options, and fresh fruit, juices, pastries, etc. I basically ate enough at breakfast I never needed lunch either! And we like venturing out to try new places for dinner, so it worked out perfectly.
Yes, the property is dated, yes, the bed was hard and bedding could probably stand to be replaced...but the service is good (well the front desk staff was great, at times I found the service in the breakfast area a bit lacking), the pool is nice, and you are right on the beach. We were there during spring break and didn't really see any spring breakers till we were at the airport heading home. This is not a party hotel. You can walk into San Jose, I think it took about 20 minutes to get there. And the Mega is less than 10. If you rent a car, parking is free. Decent hotel for the money!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank kmeg_10
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a week in early March. I had written to the hotel to determine if the pool temperature was warm. They said it would be 78 degrees. When we first arrived it was not 78 degrees but warm enough but by the end of the stay it was too cold to go in. No one else was using the pool and it is a shame because the pool is an important part of the hotel. You cannot swim in the ocean so this is it. The other problem is the music played from about 11 am to 6 pm at the pool. Who wants to hear the old golden oldies over and over again. Most people around the pool and at the beach are older couples with a few families. I am sure no one came to "rock on"and do the usual all inclusive attempt at making everything seam like a drinking party. The sound carried on to the hotel rooms and drowned out the sound of the birds that you hear so clearly in the earlier morning. In this day and age of personal listening devices those that want music can listen privately.
I make these complaints because I thought from earlier reviews that this was a very low key quiet place to say. Also I had been told that the pool would be warm.
This place does have excellent service, the rooms are fine and the food as good as any all inclusive I have visited. It is small and would be perfect for families and couples who want a chance to relax and play.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple