There are some good things about this place, and some things that really need improving. First the good:
The Posada Los Cabos has some really great staff. The front desk persons were very nice and helpful (when needed) and the pool snack bar/pool bar staff were outstanding. The staff working breakfast in the morning were good. The grounds were very nice, and for the age of the place, the staff do a pretty good job of keeping it operating. The food at the snack bar is actually pretty good. While they don't have "top shelf" liquor they did have some variety and stuff like Bacardi Rum, Black Velvet Whiskey and Passport Scotch - overall wasn't a big deal. The beer was cold, and two types (Tecate light and Indio dark). It is the first hotel I've had to put a key into a slot to get power in the room - but it wasn't that big of a deal because it was pleasant during the day and evenings got chilly enough where air conditioning wasn't needed.
They say the pool is heated to 80 or so degrees - it isn't. The hot tub was 76 degrees and the regular pool around 75 to 78 when I checked them. The rooms are a little dated, but functional. The drapery on the patio doors could use some attention - they won't close all the way. The food at buffet is mediocre at best, but there is generally something you could find. Breakfast is probably the best meal at the buffet, because someone will make you an omelet and you can get fresh fruit. The room safe/removeable lock thing is a little odd. Invest in new room safes.
My wife had articles of clothing stolen from her suitcase.
We went to this place because the whole family was going there, and it would have cost significantly more to stay elsewhere in San Jose del Cabo. If it were just two people, I wouldn't consider staying here again - if it were a large family, I might consider it, but would definately think hard about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beach, a few yards from several of the many golf courses in Los Cabos area, close by the new marina "Puerto Los Cabos". With its low - rise structure, charming contemporary Mexican style and cactus gardens, the Posada Real blends perfectly with the rugged beauty of the Baja Peninsula The Posada Real Los Cabos Resort is a totally different property, because you can choose between two options of lodging: Our "All Inclusive" option, where you will receive breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and a selection of domestic drinks from 11:00am to 23:00 hours; and our unique "Drinks Inclusive" option, where you will receive, FREE of charge, a selection of domestic drinks, from 11:00am to 23:00 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Posada Real Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Real Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western Posada Real Los Cabos
- San Jose Del Cabo Best Western
- Posada Real Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo