“A week of fun and sun in Cabo.”

Posada Real Los Cabos
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States
“A week of fun and sun in Cabo.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I read all the bad reviews about this hotel and would by lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried when I booked here. I have to say that I was not disappointed in the least with the Posada Real. I booked an 8 day 7 night trip from Detroit including airfare and meals for just $800 per person! How could I say no to that? I will agree that the beds were bad and that the hot tub was not so hot, but the pool and great location on the beach more than made up for it. This resort is older and could use some upgrades, which I am sure will happen eventually. The thing that really blew me away was the service. Every employee was incredible. From the front desk to the wait staff and even the bell boys. I never wanted for anything and loved every moment of my time in Cabo! Keep in mind that this hotel is not in San Lucas, but in San Jose. It is a 20 minute cab ride for $35 US or a $6 US 35 minute bus ride to get to downtown! If you want to party and be on the strip then stay in San Lucas. If you want a peacful relaxing week away from all the hustle bustle and partying, then San Jose is the place for you. Whale watching and the ATV tour were great, but the ocean kayaking was crazy and not worth the money we spent to do it. Bring lots of sunscreen and a positive attitude and there is no way you will not have a great time here.

Room Tip: Get a lock-off suite on the ground floor. You will walk right out onto the beach and pool area.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Bill L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Anaheim
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

dripping air conditioner; cockroaches in the bathroom; dirty bathtub with remaining hair from last guest.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Patty;
First of all, accept our sincere apologizes about the inconveniences in your staying with us.
I have talked with our Housekeeping Manager in order redouble the supervision before the check in and assure a clean and functional rooms.
I hope in the future you would give us the opportunity to serve you again and show you the service we use to give to our guests.

Thank you for your comments and again, please accept our apologizes.

Sincereley

The Management
Drayton Valley, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We visited the Posada during January 23 - Feb 7, 2012. The hotel is quaint and small, clean, and the staff is amazing. The rooms were very large and clean. The beach was great. We swam in the ocean with our special needs daughter every day, not sure why they warned everyone to stay out. Check out the current and use your head, but we found it fantastic!! Very lazy crowd that stays there and we struggled to find enough people to play volleyball everyday. No animation crew, but I guess thats why the lazy people like it there. The food was great. No complaints from anyone in our group. We did the baja buggies and also the whale watching, and the beach hopping excursion. Liked them all!! Cabo was crazy busy when we were there, cruise ship people everywhere!!! Didn't care for it at all. Jose Del Cabo was great, nice little calm quiet place! We really liked it and would recommend it and would go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hhhclawrence
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We only stayed here one night, but had some frozen fish that we were concerned about. "no problema was the response when we checked in, we will put them in our kitchen freezer" A contrast to a hotel in Loretto that said it would be $10 a day to store them. Plus, alcohol is included in the room rate.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geezerColorado
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I had taken our very first trip to cabo 14 years ago and wanted to go back for a reunion. We have both travelled to the Cabo/San Jose area several times since, with family or friends but not just the two of us. We decided on Posada Real after searching and searching and what an excellent choice! This is definately a small (148 rooms) resort and quite old, but the rooms are clean, the cactus garden is beautiful and the staff and most guests VERY friendly. It was like being at Cheers....where everybody knows your name. Drinks were good, food was okay, Mega store right there and town of San Jose close by. Chairs and loungers at poolside and beach were plentiful and venders only come in if you ask them! This is a very quiet resort, great for relaxation, and miles of beach to walk if you wish. Hats off to Urbano who was VERY accomodating when we had a few small issues with our room and he moved us up to the top floor with a lovely ocean and garden view. The cacti were in bloom and so beautiful! Thanks to all the staff.... some of whose names I remember...Benito and Freddy at the poolside bar...Freddy has the best smile EVER! Ismael, Angel and Luis, were also always happy to serve us. Ramon always ready to help us and Gabrielle was outstanding! I would definately go back to the Posada Real where the people are all genuine and proud of their little hotel! We met so many nice people there too.....most of the guests were Canadian when we were there March 5 thru 15.....seems so long ago now....wish I was back there!

Room Tip: Ask for garden view then you will see the ocean from 2nd or 3rd floor for sure!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank csurtel
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The food was good and always hot (which is not true of most all-inclusives.) Good variety--every night there was chicken, pork, beef, and fish. One night we even had standing rib roast. I did miss not having traditional Mexican flan. They had a cake with flan on top and that wasn't nearly as appealing. We always ate lunch at the poolside snack bar and there was a good selection of sandwiches, fries, and snacks such as fish, chicken, or beef quesadillas, tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole. We never had any trouble finding a beach chair. Beach towels were plentiful and you did not have to sign them out. That was a big plus. Rooms were clean and spacious. We were on the third floor & had a view of the ocean from our balcony. We kept the doors open at night to hear the ocean waves. The way the buildings are configured would allow a view of the ocean from all the rooms on the second or third floor. I'm not certain whether you could see it from the first floor rooms. Hot water for showering was plentiful. Nights were cool enough that we did not need air conditioning. We just kept the sliding door open to the balcony. The cactus garden was beautiful and well maintained. The only complaint I had was that there was never any soap in the dispenser in the lady's room near the pool, and that was true for the entire week we were there. I considered this an important issue & had to carry a bar in my purse. Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Second or third floor rooms definitely offer a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Deloresedina
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Dear Guest;
Thank you so much for your comments, encourages us to continue with our goal to give an excellent service. We have taken note about the soap and we will solve it immediately.

Warm regards
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I had the most amazing week at the Posada Real. For about $87 per night, we had everything you could ask for on that kind of budget - including breakfast and watered down booze. The Ritz it isn't, but it was clean, had a great beach (not for swimming), kind staff and an excellent ocation near downtown San Jose. It was the most relaxing week of our life. Even the cheesy night entertainment was fun - especially when my husband surprised me with a song on karaoke night. I would recommend eating out at night. While we didn't have dinner there, one of the highlights of our trip was trying all the different restaurants (all were great!) in town. We loved hanging out by the beach all day and then walking into town for dinner. I am sure we will be returning to the Posada Real sometime in the future.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KellyN
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Tesoro Los Cabos
Tesoro Los Cabos
#62 of 116 in Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,980 reviews
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#9 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
#15 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,592 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#17 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,205 reviews
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar

Been to Posada Real Los Cabos? Share your experiences!