We stayed in Posada Real for 10 days in February 2012. This was our first time to Los Cabos and I couldn't be happier with our choice in hotels. We had a rental car and explored the whole peninsula south of La Paz and I can truly say that for our needs, Posada Real was the best choice. Here's why:
This is a beachfront hotel along the main hotel beach in San Jose del Cabo. You step from the hotel onto the sand or within minutes you can walk to downtown (shopping/restaurants) or to the beautiful San Jose Estuary. It is about a 20 minute drive to downtown Cabo San Lucas and about 1 1/2 hours to Todos Santos. If you plan on doing a lot of sightseeing, rent a car. Taxi fares add up quickly.
* Hotel Size:
The hotel has only 90 or so rooms. All rooms have balconies. Most have an ocean view. We booked a regular room and were treated to a second floor ocean and pool view (room 210). Perfection!
I was very skeptical of the food at an all inclusive and to be honest I was fully prepared to eat most meals outside the hotel. The cost of the room was so reasonable that I was not expecting much. To our delight, the food here was very good... even better than a 5 star all inclusive in Cancun. All meals are served buffet style. The food is authentic Mexican food and the dishes change every day. They have everything from meat tacos, grilled fish, chicken, etc. We ate several meals outside the hotel and were disappointed at the quality compared to the hotel food.
You cannot get a better value than Posada Real. We spent roughly $100 USD per day for two people on the all-inclusive plan through Bookit.com. Because we paid so little, we didn't mind splurging on the occasional meal out and on a rental car for our entire stay. Keep in mind that this is a budget hotel and it is Mexico. Manage your expectations and you will have a fabulous stay.
We loved the cozy feel of the hotel. The guests were comprised mainly of Mexicans and Canadians with a few Americans thrown in for good measure. The waiters are all very friendly and I can truly say that the staff and service are excellent. Thank you Posada!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beach, a few yards from several of the many golf courses in Los Cabos area, close by the new marina "Puerto Los Cabos". With its low - rise structure, charming contemporary Mexican style and cactus gardens, the Posada Real blends perfectly with the rugged beauty of the Baja Peninsula The Posada Real Los Cabos Resort is a totally different property, because you can choose between two options of lodging: Our "All Inclusive" option, where you will receive breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and a selection of domestic drinks from 11:00am to 23:00 hours; and our unique "Drinks Inclusive" option, where you will receive, FREE of charge, a selection of domestic drinks, from 11:00am to 23:00 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Posada Real Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Real Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western Posada Real Los Cabos
- San Jose Del Cabo Best Western
- Posada Real Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo