I paid $59.00 a night through SkyAuction.com which includes all fees and taxes. I've never been to Cabo, so can't compare this rate to other establishments. My stay started 1/13/07 and was for 7 nights. The purpose of my trip was r&r with no set agenda. I'm a budget traveler and use my hotel room for sleep and a shower, so I don't book fancy or posh rooms.
The hotel is located on the main street, but since my room faced away from the street, noise was not a problem. The hotel occupies the 2nd floor of a strip mall, so view and ambiance is non-existent.
Check in was smooth, but they required a security deposit for the tv remote and room key.
Room was a little small, but I don't need much as I was traveling solo. My room was at the far end of the complex so it did take a while to walk in and out of the area. It also took an extra long period of time to get hot water for my shower (no tubs, just a shower stall), which may not be a problem during warmer months (I was unlucky and found my self in Cabo during an abnormal cold period). Since it was cold in Cabo, I requested and received an extra blanket. Room was always properly cleaned and the hotel area was always very clean.
There's a restaurant in the complex that provides service for all meals, but I can only comment on the breakfast. Bfast was $8.00 and was buffet style with very little choice and mediocre food. I recommend finding other places to eat if you want a good meal. There is a very well stocked supermarket (with excellent and cheap Mexican pastries) across the street, so if your room has a refrigerator and microwave, this is a good way to save money. Unfortunately my room had neither of these conveniences. The hotel does provide a pool which I did not use as it wasn't heated and the weather was cold. Free Internet service using a computer in the lobby area was a pleasant and unexpected surprise.
Lastly, please note that I strongly recommend the use of a rental car if you are staying here. There's not much around the hotel to see or do. I'm an avid walker, but everything seemed a little far away to get to.
Overall, the level of amenities, location was as expected for the rate I paid. Nothing wowed me, but nothing disappointed me either. I had an average room in an average hotel in an average location, but I paid a (below?) average price.
FYI, I used Orbitz for my car rental and got a rate of $28.00 per day including all fees, but not including Insurance which I paid Orbitz an additional $63.00 for (most US policies do not cover you while in Mexico). The rental company (Advantage) tried to make me pay an additional $7.00 per day for liability insurance and stated that it was the law in Mexico. I would have gone for it, until I saw that the fee was hand written and was listed as 'other.' Seemed odd for mandatory insurance and after explaining that I had insurance via Orbitz and would contact Orbitz for an explanation on Mexican insurance requirements, the fee was waved. Be careful as this clearly was a scam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in San José del Cabo, just 15 minutes away from the international airport. Our rooms are equipped with everything necessary for a pleasant stay for business or pleasure. We offer coffee service and free wireless internet in every room. Enjoy a fresh american buffet breakfast every morning and an outdoor swimming pool to make your day more pleasant. Our location is ideal, being close to shopping centers, grocery stores, restaurants, banks and other basic services at walking distance. San Jose's city center is located just 5 minutes away as is the beach and main golf courses. Suites las Palmas is commited to our planet by making green environmental practices: We save energy by using peek surpressor harmonizers, saving bulbs and photocells. Likewise, we use solar panels to heat water in our rooms and outdoor pool, in addition to a good recycling practice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Suites Las Palmas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel And Suites Las Palmas
- Hotel Las Palmas
- Suites Las Palmas
- Hotel & Suites Las Palmas Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo