“Very Nice Mexican Hotel!”

Hotel Posada Terranova
Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Sausalito, California
“Very Nice Mexican Hotel!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We just stayed here for four nights upon arrival in San Jose del Cabo. This is not a resort hotel but rather a typical Mexican hotel and priced according. If you are ok with the previous sentence, then I would highly recommend that you stay here. If you are a seasoned traveler then you will absolutely appreciate this place. The rooms are comfortable, the beds are nice, the staff extremely friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere very laid back. It is also located just a few blocks from the plaza but in a Mexican neighborhood so you are away from all of the tourists. The best part of this hotel may be the terrace out front which you are welcome to use/hang out in when staying here. The restaurant also serves a fantastic breakfast and I highly recommend it even if you don't stay here (breakfast IS NOT included in the room price). The prices at this hotel are low compared to other downtown options but the quality is very high. Definitely the best value for your money in downtown San Jose del Cabo, no question about it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank 170isaack
LuisTolentino, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Posada Terranova, responded to this review, April 20, 2017
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for such a great comment!, we really appreciate it!, we are so happy reading your experience, which I can see has been great!.

As you mention, our location is one of our greatest values, right in the Heart of the Historic Downtown and Art District of San José del Cabo, is perfect for walking around and discover the town!, galleries, shops, restaurants, the church and many more atractions!.

We take as our main value the rest of our clients, that's why our rooms are comfortable, in the other hand our staff certainly give the best of themselves every single day!, I am glad to know that We met your expectations and hope to be your favorite hotel and restaurant on your next vacation!.

I am happy to know that you have visited our restaurant!, our delicious food is the best in town!, with typical recipes of the region, with great flavors and tastings, our breakfast is highly recommended by all who have try us!.

One more time thank you very much for your recommendation!, we look forward in see you again,

Best regards!
Public Relations & Social Media

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I didn't stay at this hotel but had breakfast at their restaurant. Service is fast, staff is friendly, coffee is strong and breakfast is very good. Atmosphere is nice too. They have an outdoor area with nice shades and it's a delight to have breakfast there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank eerdem
LuisTolentino, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Posada Terranova, responded to this review, December 15, 2016
Dear costumer,

I want to thank you for your time and comment about the restaurant.

Certainly our restaurant is one of the most tasty and delicious as to Mexican seasoning in San José del Cabo. Also, All the staff is very helpful and is always happy to please you.

The quiet terrace makes a very good match with the food and we guarantee that the coffee will be always hot, delicious and strong.

I appreciate your opinion and I invite you to come back to the restaurant Hotel Posada Terranova and it will be my pleasure to receive you personally in order to give you a tasty and wonderful experience.

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have only had breakfast there, but about 6 times....always good....service great.....reasonable prices.......My wife had eggs "divorcecado" and I had chileqitos, which in Tex-mex is called migas. ....I have also had just the fresh fruit plate........which is also wonderful......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul P
Dear costumer,

I really thank you for your time and comment but most of all, for your preference.

I am glad to know that you like Hotel Posada Terranova's Restaurant, certainly we have a very good service thanks to the staff that is very smiling and helpful.

The mexican food is the best in the menu and the fruit is always fresh to offer you the best products.

We hope to see you once again and I personally invite you to come back and taste another dish from the menu, I am sure you will love it. We will do everything to give you a wonderful experience.

Montreal Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We (party of 4) visited this place twice on my stay in San Jose del Cabo during the
month of February. Both times had their great tasting Club Sandwich w/fries. We
met the owner and his wife on our first visit and on the second visit the owner
(Juan) came over and sat with us. He is fleurent in English along with many other
languages. It was his birthday on the 27th the day we were their. No I won't say
his age and he doesn't look it at all. Fine person. He also serves many seafood
menu's and wines and beers. Note he is open for breakfast and lunch only
Drinking ice tea from here you have no worry of the water as like many
Mexican restaurant's the water is treated. If your ever in doubt just ask they
always have bottled water on hand if you prefer it.

Room Tip: I have never stayed here but I was advised by friends that the rooms were very nice and clean at r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JandM-9
LuisTolentino, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Posada Terranova, responded to this review, February 7, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such a great comment!, certainly at Hotel Posada Terranova we do have great food!, drinks, always ready to serve!, all with reasonably prices!.

Once and again thanks a lot for your comment of the Hotel Posada Terranova!, your home away from home!, we look forward in seeing you again, and please check our great promotios for next summer!,

Best regards,

New Jersey
Reviewed December 1, 2006

We arrived in San Jose Del Cabo a day early -- and needed a place to stay. Our tour book suggested the Posada Terranova, and it was as advertised. Small but squeaky clean room, affordable, and the staff was gracious to us -- with very little notice.

A bit off the beaten path, but the walk downtown is quick.

We'd recommend it to a budget traveler looking for good value.

• Liked — good value
  • Disliked — barking dogs next door
  • Tips/Secrets — Call for directions first -- one way streets make it hard to get to the front door by car.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank karen_n_fred
LuisTolentino, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Posada Terranova, responded to this review, March 14, 2017
Dear guest,

First of all I appreciate the time for sharing your comment, we are happy to served you during your stay.

Certainly the Hotel Posada Terranova is a small and welcoming Hotel, our treatment to every single guests is warming, we make them feel at home. In the other hand we treat our employees like a family, so they deliver the best of themselves in their work.

Hotel Posada Terranova has an excellent location, we are located in the heart of the Historic Downtown and Art District of San José del Cabo, only to five minutes from Estero Josefino, the beach and other places of interest like restaurants, shops, galleries and our iconic Mission Church of St. Joseph.

I am happy that you can share your experience with other travelers, I kindly invite you for your next vacation, we will be happy to assist you,

Best regards!

Seattle
Reviewed January 2, 2006

We recently vacationed in San Jose del Cabo and found this wonderful small and inexpensive hotel while we were there. It's $60/ night for a double. Very quiet, clean and wonderful staff. There is also a very good and reasonably priced restaurant with seafood, vegetarian and meat dishes both Mexican and "International". It is located toward the center of town but on a quiet side street. If you don't have a car the local bus is very accessible and cheap and you will be able to get to “the Corridor” and all the beaches.

13 Thank graysa
Dear guest,

I really thank you for your time and your wonderful and detailed comment about us. I am glad to read about your experience at Hotel Posada Terranova.

The hotel's location is a plus among the others accommodations because of the nearness to downtown.Certainly, the staff is very helpful and thoughtful with the guests and they are always ready to please you.

Regarding to the restaurant, I am pleased to inform you that the cooking is made of Mexican traditional recipes, so we guarantee very good flavor.

Once again I appreciate your comments and I invite you to come back to Hotel Posada Terranova and it will be my pleasure to receive you personally to make your experience everlasting.