Just returned from a week a Casa del Mar located in the corridor between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. We did enjoy the location, and after a few days, rented a car (highly recommend car rental for this area). This hotel is small boutique (31 suites and 26 rooms) and our one bedroom suite was located in the main building. The grounds are beautiful, with gardens and 6 pools and whirlpools. We were a little disappointed with the whirlpool tub in our room which we expected to be a two person tub (not) with a view of the ocean/grounds (also not). We thought the suites in the other hotel building would have larger tubs with views, but spoke with some other guests who told us that was not the case. So we were very happy with our location in the main building and the overall size of the suite. Very generous - probably about 800 sqft with balcony. The facilities were very clean!! We especially enjoyed the adults only beach club with the beach, pool with swim up bar, whirlpool, patio restaurant, bar and lounge chairs at pool and on beach. Excellent service to the point of their insisting on moving the beach umbrellas all the time. No children allowed although there are adequate facilities for families including the large, heated infinity pool with swim up bar.
Hotel restaurant was typically expensive for breakfast and lunch, but convenient and good quality. Perhaps some better, more reasonable choices for breakfast and lunch would be Lattitude 22 on the Corridor (great sports bar & restaurant- a true local place), The Pancake House in San Jose, French Riveria in San Jose (we didn't try the one in San Lucas, but the croissants and pastries are unbelieveably great!!) Don't miss Mi Cocina in San Jose at Casa di Natalie for dinner. THE BEST!! The Restaurant at Las Ventanas was somewhat underwhelming. Although the stool for my purse and the black napkin to match my dress was impressive, the food was good but not outstanding.
The ocean was very cold, and unsuitable for swimming (strong currents and undertow) but beautiful to see and hear. I did get a kick out of the ocean sound machine in the room!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist corridor of Los Cabos conveniently on the beachfront, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, Casa del Mar Golf Resort and Spa, is your hacienda oasis in Los Cabos, Mexico. An intimate 50 room ocean view luxury boutique hotel where you can experience the warm Mexican hospitality and personalized service. Casa del Mar offers luxury amenities and accommodations, providing the perfect options and facilities for a relaxing escape, spectacular wedding or romantic honeymoon, a rewarding business travel experience, or a golfer's haven. The spacious rooms and suites are all entirely within a peaceful oasis of lush gardens, fountains and pools. Enjoy your quiet, relaxing vacation on an expansive beach. Rejuvenate body and spirit at our renewed luxury spa, enjoy our championship golf courses or venture out to explore the excitement of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Casa Del Mar Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo