My husband and I took a 5 day trip to Zoetry Casa del Mar in January after much research of resorts in the area. We are in our early 40's with three kids and needed a trip to just get away and do nothing. We were not disappointed. The grounds were beautiful, calm and peaceful. It was not crowded, and though I am unsure how much of the resort was occupied, there was plenty of space in the restaurants, by the pool and in the common areas. Most of the (very nice) people we met also seemed to be there just to chill, sit by the beach or pool, read a little and maybe do a little exercise to work off the delicious food and drink.
The food was very good--suitable for those less adventurous in food tastes and those willing to try new things. Amazingly, they were able to accommodate nearly any taste preference. We just had to ask. It is difficult to choose a favorite meal...fish tacos, chips and guac by the pool, paella lessons courtesy of chef Francis, dinner on the beach or awesome breakfasts delivered by room service to our room balcony looking directly at the Sea of Cortez.
All of the employees at Zoetry were kind and helpful. I am absolutely terrible at names but I truly commend all of them for their hard work and friendliness. In addition, I noticed that many of the employees seemed genuinely happy and interacted well with one another as well. Though tips aren't expected at this resort, we did tip out of respect. After all, everyone likes to be recognized for a job well done. However, I believe the level of service would have been the same.
I would recommend this resort to any couple looking for relaxation and good food with some low key entertainment options. We are planning to return just as soon as we can. Beautiful location, unpretentious, and a wonderful escape from the real world.
Last, I must share one thing that prompted me to finally write this review...upon arrival, guests receive a complimentary Zoetry beach bag. It is cute and functional but mostly served as a memento of this great trip. I took it home and one of our new puppies promptly chewed it up. I emailed the hotel explaining the situation and Mr. Lopez (head concierge) and Mr. Berthelot (general manager) responded within 24 hours and offered to send me a replacement bag. I love this place! As they say at Zoetry...Namaste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist corridor of Los Cabos conveniently on the beachfront, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, Casa del Mar Golf Resort and Spa, is your hacienda oasis in Los Cabos, Mexico. An intimate 50 room ocean view luxury boutique hotel where you can experience the warm Mexican hospitality and personalized service. Casa del Mar offers luxury amenities and accommodations, providing the perfect options and facilities for a relaxing escape, spectacular wedding or romantic honeymoon, a rewarding business travel experience, or a golfer's haven. The spacious rooms and suites are all entirely within a peaceful oasis of lush gardens, fountains and pools. Enjoy your quiet, relaxing vacation on an expansive beach. Rejuvenate body and spirit at our renewed luxury spa, enjoy our championship golf courses or venture out to explore the excitement of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Casa Del Mar Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo