“We loved this place!”

Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Leawood, Kansas
“We loved this place!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I took a 5 day trip to Zoetry Casa del Mar in January after much research of resorts in the area. We are in our early 40's with three kids and needed a trip to just get away and do nothing. We were not disappointed. The grounds were beautiful, calm and peaceful. It was not crowded, and though I am unsure how much of the resort was occupied, there was plenty of space in the restaurants, by the pool and in the common areas. Most of the (very nice) people we met also seemed to be there just to chill, sit by the beach or pool, read a little and maybe do a little exercise to work off the delicious food and drink.

The food was very good--suitable for those less adventurous in food tastes and those willing to try new things. Amazingly, they were able to accommodate nearly any taste preference. We just had to ask. It is difficult to choose a favorite meal...fish tacos, chips and guac by the pool, paella lessons courtesy of chef Francis, dinner on the beach or awesome breakfasts delivered by room service to our room balcony looking directly at the Sea of Cortez.

All of the employees at Zoetry were kind and helpful. I am absolutely terrible at names but I truly commend all of them for their hard work and friendliness. In addition, I noticed that many of the employees seemed genuinely happy and interacted well with one another as well. Though tips aren't expected at this resort, we did tip out of respect. After all, everyone likes to be recognized for a job well done. However, I believe the level of service would have been the same.

I would recommend this resort to any couple looking for relaxation and good food with some low key entertainment options. We are planning to return just as soon as we can. Beautiful location, unpretentious, and a wonderful escape from the real world.

Last, I must share one thing that prompted me to finally write this review...upon arrival, guests receive a complimentary Zoetry beach bag. It is cute and functional but mostly served as a memento of this great trip. I took it home and one of our new puppies promptly chewed it up. I emailed the hotel explaining the situation and Mr. Lopez (head concierge) and Mr. Berthelot (general manager) responded within 24 hours and offered to send me a replacement bag. I love this place! As they say at Zoetry...Namaste.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank krista g
AlainBerthelotZOCDM, General Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Niltze / Greetings dear krista g !

We thank you for your kind review - especally, your comments in terms of our Food & Beverage offer, as well as concerning our Team-members´ attentions, including yours truly :) !

While we still are waiting for one of our staff to go to the US and mail you the mentioned Beach Bag ASAP, please rest assured that thanks to your motivating words we will keep on striving to improve oour product_services.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you once more to our wondrous Oasis by the Sea of Cortés in the near future.

In the meantime: Thanks again, best regards & indeed, Namasté,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Overall, I liked the Zoetry in Cabos. It is secluded, hard to get to if you're driving yourself and trying to find your way, but once inside it has a very calm and surreal effect on you. Gorgeous open air architecture, with an open lobby and a fountain, I appreciated the size on the hotel itself.Intimate, personal, with lots of extra perks, from free massages, to free laundry service. The only negative it's the timeshare units that use some of the amenities ( but not the beach pool and bar, I believe), and I felt it brought the luxury feel down considerably. No one approached me to purchase time share units. There's not a lot of variety in the number of restaurant choices, but food is very good and everybody is very welcoming and accommodating. Dining on the beach is very popular.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aiordana
Niltze / Greetings dear mciordan !

We are glad to hear that your experience at our wondrous Oasis by the Sea of Cortés was quite satisfactory and please rest assured that we will pass on your comments regarding the 3rd-party time-share operation to our owners.

We trust to have the chance to welcome you once more in the near future and therefore remain at your disposal, accordingly.

Meanwhile: Thanks again, best regards & till soon !

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I just recently attended a wedding here at Zoetry and it was a wonderful resort. The staff was very courteous and attentive when needed. The meals and drink selection was very good too - no complaints and service was always prompt.

My room was in the main building 113 and was located over the restaurant. I had a standard room and was happy with the bedding, and amenities. However, the location of my room not so favorable in the early mornings and late evenings you could hear the restaurant staff - it wasn't horrible but wasn't expected to hear them. The view from 113 was phenomenal!

I also got to see the other rooms that friends were staying in which were the bigger suites with a pool and they were exactly what you see in the pics. However the walk from those rooms to the restaurants and pools is a bit of hike.

Zoetry has no night life so if you are coming to relax and get-away this is the place for you! I do recommend it for adults more than children because this does not cater to kids under 18yrs.

Regarding the wedding, it was a beautiful setting and the staff did a great job hosting for my dear friend.

I would recommend Zoetry to any ……just remember you will mostly likely never be able to get into the beautiful water because the riptides are super strong. I've been now a couple of times and its been the same red flags up.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 113 over the restaurant so be sure to ask where your room is located in the main bu...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank 2CuteTx
Niltze / Greetings dear 2CuteTx !

In the name of the whole Zoëtry Casa del Mar team-members, I thank your for your kind comments - i.e. both the pros and the cons -.

Please rest assured that we have already taken the necessary measures as to avoid as much noise as posible ptentially stemming from our beautiful Tapanco Restaurant.

We hope to be able to welcome you soon oncve more !

San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I flew to Mexico for a quick 3 day getaway. When we had problems with our flight and thought we're losing one night of accommodations due to the delay, the hotel was kind enough to push our stay one day over. That was so kind of them, we were impressed even before getting there. The hotel was absolutely amazing, beautiful and with a nice flow, quiet and serene. We enjoyed a welcome margarita right when we checked in and were surprised to find a chilled bottle of champagne as well as a bottle of tequila with 2 shot glasses, in the room.
My husband is not into massages but I absolutely enjoyed my complimentary massage - every second of it.
I also have to mention the line of soaps etc in the rooms and spa were Bvlgari! Heavenly scent. After we got back home, we ordered the shampoo and soaps online and love to be instantly transported back to Zaoetry every time we smell that scent! Out of all high end hotels we've stayed at, and we've stayed at a lot, this was the most amazing line of products so far.
Every detail was perfect and the staff was extraordinary and accommodating.
We enjoyed our private pool as well as the other pools. The general feeling was very serene, relaxing and comfortable.
The all-inclusive meals and beverages were excellent and we enjoyed everything very much! Especially the beach dining which was absolutely wonderful!
We also enjoyed the breakfast options and the wide variety of fresh squeezed juices, from your usual orange juice to cantaloupe & cucumber. Delicious!
The only suggestion I'd make is to talk to the hotel prior to arriving and schedule airport pick-up as we almost got sucked in to some sales scam at the airport when all we wanted to do is find a taxi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Niltze / Greetings dear Anda_ambrosini !

All our team-members join me in thanking you for writing a review that truly explains many of our Endless Privileges !

For the next time you choose to visit our wondrous Oasis by the Sea of Cortés, please indeed contact us at Concierge.ZOCDM@ZoetryResorts.com, so we can glaldy_timely help you set-up your tranfers from & to the Airport.

In the meantime, we thank you again and look forward to welcoming you soon !

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We just got back from our trip to Zoetry after a 5 day stay. I'm in hospitality business myself and I am writing this review for people who are traveling to this resort for the first time in hopes that you get an overview of what this resort is like compared to others.
This is an upscale resort where the focus is on "wellness and restoration" in every sense. The focus is on quality and not quantity of programs and people. The resort is kept very clean inside and out. May not be a good place for kids or younger crowd with party scene but you can easily walk 10 minutes on the beach and end up at their sister resort "Dreams" where you have access to all of their facilities and ammenities.
The highlights of this resort is definitely the food and the well kept grounds. Zoetry does not have many dining options but being in food industry myself, the quality of food was the highlight of our experience. Got a chance to meet the Exec chef Francis and his cooking lessons on Paella is a MUST experience at this resort. He does an amazing job of demonstrating and teaching you how oto make Paella and i tasted the best paella ever. If you never tried Mexican wine, sign up to do wine tasting and you will taste and enjoy the experience of Mexican wine. To burn off all the calories, you can sign up for aquaerobics or yoga classes in the morning with Pablo.
The concierge service is available 24/7 as well as room service and you get cleaning crew coming in at least 2 times a day to make sure your room is clean and has everything needed. The minute you walk in to your room, you know you are at a 5 star resort. that's not always easy coming from such a critic.
Beautiful private beach but you can't swim in the ocean. If you walk over to the hilton resort about 15 minute walk on the beach, there is a nice cove where you can swim in the ocean and even kayak or ride jetski.
One of the most impressive thing about this resort was how they handle problems. For me, this is how you know that they are professional and can be a luxury facility. You get to know the different shift managers as well as GM who will respond to your needs or concerns at any time. Like all resorts, there may be things that are not working, or have bad experience with a particular staff. Mistakes happen everywhere and things malfunction here and there which we also have experienced. However, their response to any issue or a problem was always promtly dealth with. If you have any issues with the room or service issues, don't wait until you come home. Talk to the manager asap and they will resolve them quickly and professionally. You do not need to worry about safety because you are in Mexico. You will feel extremely safe here.
I would advise all travelers to tip the servers toward the end of the stay as needed. We had a situation with 1 particular staff because we didn't tip him on the first day. This was not the experience for all the other staff members. I have addressed the problems to the GM and he took care of the matter. It is obvious that they are working to make this place better but i know that sometimes hiring the wrong person can do a lot of damamge.
Upon checking, ask for Joshua. He will answer any questions you may have about the resort or what to do in San Jose or cabo area. He genuinely cares about all the guests and loves his job! Great Job Joshua!
We are hoping that this may become our annual spot for body and mind restoration. Will return for sure.

Room Tip: If you are traveling to Cabo for the first time, it is CRUCIAL that you arrange transportation to yo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank javaboo414
Niltze / Greetings dear javaboo414 !

We thank you for your detailed review - especially, your kind mentions of Chef Francis, Pablo & Joshua, who all say hi !

We are really motivated by your comments as we keep striving to improve our product_services, here at our wondrous Oasis by the Sea of Cortés.

We hope to be able to welcome you once more in the near future & in the meantime remain at your disposal.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed in a villa within the Casa del mar Zoetry complex. Villa had 3 bedrooms, large living room, full size kitchen, TV in each room, BBQ infinity hot tub on the porch, infinity pool 50 feet away. 3500 sq ft of fabulous quality and service. When we were on the beach you could see for miles and not one person on it. The hotel itself only has 55 rooms so there are numerous loungers for each person. 2 swim up bars. Only negative would be the lack of entertainment in the evening. This is a high quality quiet location. Bus to Cabo or San Jose is 25 pesos. Amazing place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alsupremo
Niltze /Greetings dear alsupremo !

We really appreciate your thorough review, especially all the positive comments !

As a small precision, kindly be advised that we actually accept children.

All of us look forward to welcoming you again son to our wondrous Oasis by the Seea of Cortés !

Meanwhile, we remain... Thanks again, best regards & till next time !

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Our second trip to a Zoerty property didn’t disappoint.

In 2013 we spent a week at the Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana and we knew that we would definitely visit a Zoerty property again.

You really can’t beat the weather in Cabo in the spring; we had sunshine and great temperatures every day. The beach club at the resort is a wonderful spot. Its adults only and steps to an amazing beach that goes on forever. During our stay the wave action was spectacular; not great for swimming but exciting to watch. The beach club infinity pool is virtually on the beach so it was easy to enjoy the beach and cool off in the pool. Daily walks became our routine. As for loungers, not once did we have a problem getting a chair or an umbrella.

The food in the two restaurants easily met our needs for the week; plenty of variety and healthy as well, no need for the post vacation diet! Dinner on the beach is a real treat and we chose that option three times during our week at the resort.

We did elect to leave the resort twice for dinner, once we went to Edith’s and the second night to Esperanza. Edith’s is a fun Mexican experience, Esperanza is gourmet dining in an amazing setting, and I recommend both.

Our room was awesome; we were fortune to be upgraded to a suite with an infinity hot tub. We really enjoyed the space in the room and the terrace really was special. A hot tub before turning in for the evening is a great way to finish the day.

Generally the crowd is 40+, the days are quiet, the evenings wrap up early, if you are looking for a restful week, this is your place. It was only on our last day did a large group check in that the noise level at the pool changed considerably, but hey, that can happen anywhere.

Overall a great experience, if you are thinking of booking time at Casa Del Mar you won’t go wrong.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy M
AlainBerthelotZOCDM, General Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Niltze / Greetings dear Sandy M !

Thanks so much for your feedback, as all of us working here at your other Home are truly motivated by them, as we strive to continue improving.

Having personally managed the Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana just before beeing assigned here last summer, we feel blessed to have you as repeat guests, who can actually appreciate each property in its own charming way !

Chef Francis is very grateful of your comments regarding our Food offer.

Hoping to expectantly welcome you once more soon here to our wondrous Oasis by the Sea of Cortés: Thank you once more !

Alain BERTHELOT
#25 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!