My wife and I decided to stay here after reading "rave reviews" - the reasons for the raves remain a mystery. The plus - the grounds are nice (a small army of grounds people). The room was adequate. The negatives - This is a poorly managed facility. The staff are not trained, they are indifferent to guests and hotel policies are left up to individual whim. You will be left with the feeling that their primary objective is to wring every last dollar from your pocket. The cab fare from this hotel to any place in town is $50 so charge unreasonable prices -$6 for a bottle of water and forget the mini bar unless you are part of the federal bailout plan. The pool bar (food) is supposed to stay open until 6 pm - the first time we went down at 5 pm it was closed - the next day we confirmed that it would be open until 6 - closed at 5:10 pm! Poolside service depends on staffing - if there is a female working the bar forget service, all the guys hang around talking to the women. The restauraunts are dreadful - poor food quality, mediocre service - don't bother ordering a specific wine by the glass - they just bring you what they have open. Do not swim in the ocean (very bad undertow) - one guest nearly drowned while we were there & we were told that several people had drowned recently. You might think the hotel would make it a point of informing guests - wrong. We have stayed in 3 star hotels and gotten good value and we have stayed in $1000/night hotels and gotten good value - this hotel is a poor value - they need a change of management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist corridor of Los Cabos conveniently on the beachfront, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, Casa del Mar Golf Resort and Spa, is your hacienda oasis in Los Cabos, Mexico. An intimate 50 room ocean view luxury boutique hotel where you can experience the warm Mexican hospitality and personalized service. Casa del Mar offers luxury amenities and accommodations, providing the perfect options and facilities for a relaxing escape, spectacular wedding or romantic honeymoon, a rewarding business travel experience, or a golfer's haven. The spacious rooms and suites are all entirely within a peaceful oasis of lush gardens, fountains and pools. Enjoy your quiet, relaxing vacation on an expansive beach. Rejuvenate body and spirit at our renewed luxury spa, enjoy our championship golf courses or venture out to explore the excitement of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Casa Del Mar Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo