“Great Amenities but thats it”

Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We booked the Zoetry Casa del Mar through our travel agent. The resort is new and beautiful. We had a great room with an amazing view, including a jacuzzi on the balcony. The resort staff is friendly and seemed to be legit. 3 out of the 5 recommendations they made were terrible and they obviously get kick-backs from the restaurants and companies they recommend. I had my phone stolen from the driver for the ATV company they recommended. The food is sub-par and the restaurant wait staff is worse. WIth a lot of internal work, this place could be amazing, but they have a long way to go!

6  Thank Caleb F

Reviewed December 30, 2013

For my honeymoon I knew I wanted to go to Cabo because it's only a 2 hour flight from LA but had no idea which property to stay at because there are so many to choose from.
I've had some horrible experiences with timeshares and since most all inclusive hotels also come with sales pitches I tried really hard to avoid it.

Leading up to the wedding, I spent months researching and Zoetry Casa del Mar had popped up into the list a few times but the prices were quite high compared to other Dream properties. In the end, because I work in the travel industry I was able to get an INCREDIBLE rate for the Zoetry and confirmed it with reservations directly. When we arrived they suggested a sales presentation (timeshare which gives you free tours etc. if you go) which wasn't mandatory or forced and we never attended it anyway.

I am so glad that we chose the Zoetry because it's such a boutique, enchanted, private, non-crowded resort with a very big focus on health. We visited Dreams next door, and Bonitos, and Casa del Mar in town but could only do it for a few hours before we escaped back to our beloved Zoetry.

The staff were amazing. Very attentive and always smiling and happy to serve.
We loved the "upstairs" pool bar more and tended to hang out there instead of the one down at the beach. The staff were so used to seeing us that they ended up becoming like friends. This is when I fell in love with spicy bloody marys!

The food selection was great, not overtly greasy, very organic and as mentioned a huge focus on health so they always specified calories etc. We never got bored of our meals and ended up ordering their shrimp ceviche a few times more than we had expected.
The beachfront dinner was very special, and we did this a couple of times. Very romantic during sunset and some of the best photos we took. I think Mackenzie was our favourite waiter!

We had the Romance Suite which has the outdoor balcony jacuzzi and it was fantastic because we could just sit there and enjoy the ocean view as well as the ocean sounds.
Our amenities were replaced everyday with the full minibar, drinks, snacks, champagne, and they even gave us a tequila bottle with lime on arrival which we ended up just taking home with us. Oh yes, laundry is free which we utilized twice, and 24hour room service is fantastic. Also, the turndown service comes with small bite size "desserts" which were different every day.

The Sun Dial is a piece of paper they place on your side table every day to tell you the next day's activities, weather forecast, sunset and sunrise and drink of the day etc. They had some yoga classes, some other options which we don't really remember because we didn't really join in and preferred to stay by ourselves.

The resort itself is very peaceful and there was only one child the entire time I was there! I was very surprised but it was also very nice. When we ventured to the other resorts to visit it was jam packed, noisy, crowded, waiting lines etc. We learnt to truly appreciate the Zoetry.

We did visit the spa once because our package allows a free massage and I loved the facility. You can go there and enjoy the steam room, spa and sauna even if you don't have any treatments done. The bathrobes, slippers and locker room made it especially SPECIAL :)

I love the Bvlgari products! They smell so good and will forever remind me of my honeymoon.

So yes, I would highly recommend this resort if you want a nice and relaxed honeymoon, away from all the crowds and heavy binge drinking and partying.
It is in the corridor so takes around 30mins to get to town but we were fully aware of it before we came and only left 3-4 times for short periods.

As outside activities, we did the ATV tour and the zip lining tour--both a must if you're into soft adventure!

Overall, we LOVE the Zoetry and hope to come back here again for a wedding anniversary, maybe in 10 or 20 years.

Room Tip: Romance Suites have outdoor balcony jacuzzis with amazing ocean views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MitMeli
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is a very nice resort next to the Las Ventanas al Paraiso resort. You can to the sister resort to eat also if you want more dining choices. This is a small resort which suited me fine. I wanted quiet and I got quiet. There is an adults only pool with a swim up bar. They keep the vendors at bay with designated areas for them to stand at. I almost didn't see them. Pools all over the place. This resort has some type of timeshare/condo setup.

The rooms are beautiful. Some of the most beautiful rooms I have ever stayed in. Food is good to very good. Nice beachside dining.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jkchen1
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was our second trip and this time we stayed in a beachfront suite which we preferred to the Aquario building. Service was excellent and we had a great time. As others have said this is not your typical all inclusive of buffets. Each meal was menu ordered and the food of a high standard. It was very quiet and peaceful which suited us. Would highly recommend

Room Tip: Beachfront suite on top floor so that your balcony is not overlooked
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My now husband picked this hotel for our honeymoon because it was part of the Dreams brand and that is a known resort in Cabo. This was better than your typical all-inclusive. We were great with such professionalism and class the second we drove up (not to mention the ride from the airport was organized and easy). When we arrived at the resort, the view was stunning ... hotel was gorgeous and it was private but not deserted. The waitstaff and the maitre d were fabulous, friendly and so helpful. No tips were expected so we felt like their care and attention were genuine. We loved how peaceful and quiet the location was ... but we could still take a cab into the city easily to fish, boat, shop, eat, drink (all coordinated by the hotel staff). We could go next door to Dreams and enjoy the louder group for a bit and a few different food options ... but then stroll home for a relaxing evening. The food was wonderful ... unique and not overly heavy huge portions. Wonderful attention to detail and charm. Perfect stay for any vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view ... AMAZING! And if you chose a room with private outdoor hot tub ... tot...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Casa del Mar over Thanksgiving of 2013 for six days and five nights. Our objective was to rest and relax without having lots of people about. We certainly accomplished that. Casa del Mar may not be for everyone, as it is NOT a partying, fast-paced place--but it is peaceful and caters to perhaps a more mature, even older crowd, but still maintains its good tastes and service to all.

We stayed here once in the past, before it was an all-inclusive hotel--which has its pros and cons. The pros are no additional charges for ANY food, drink, laundry service, and the like. The con (for some): the all-inclusive nature often prevents some people from exploring the area away from the hotel since meals and drinks are part of the price paid. Also, while the service at Casa del Mar is very good--very friendly and attentive to every need, there is no requirement to tip servers (but I would suggest still doing this to guarantee the absolute best service). We were impressed with the stay as before...we had the same room as our first trip...which was nice and our request for the main building by email was honored upon arrival--which demonstrated good attention to guest requests. The food at the two restaurants was quite tasty with good service and always consistent, albeit a somewhat limited menu where repetition in ordering may become necessary (but this is OK with me as when I find a dish I like, I can eat it several times without tiring of it!). All in all, Casa del Mar is a good option for a stay as I have described...and for just chilling-out and enjoying a few days of peace, it fits the bill quite nicely.

Room Tip: When visiting this property, we always stay in the main hacienda building due to its central proximi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dejol
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Impeccable service! Beautiful hacienda style resort.
If you want an amazing vacation with incredible service in the best location in Los Cabos, I highly recommend Zoetry.
It is a small boutique style property right across from one of the best, most beautiful golf courses we have seen.
You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a jr suite... It was more than spacious, and the beds are heavenly!!