I think it is important to put Casa del Mar in context. This is a smaller resort focused on simplicity, good food, good drink and relaxation. If you are looking for nightlife, children's activities or general craziness, the sister resort Dreams is very nearby and can accommodate you.
What Casa del Mar provided us was a relaxing getaway. We wanted a place with a great view, with great food and lots of places to just hang out and relax. This place was all of that and more. The dining options are in the restaurant in the main building, the pool-side cafe, or on the beach. The menu is varied enough that we didn't rally get bored with it. Of course, room service is included and makes it easy to have a lazy morning, or a relaxing dinner.
Of course, Cabo San Lucas is a $25 taxi ride away, so we did pop into town a few nights to take advantage of what the city has to offer. And as mentioned above, Dreams is a short walk down the beach, providing additional food and drink options.
We took advantage of the spa. Found it funny that the same two ladies provide most all of the spa services. What was amazing was that they were good at all of them. We had massages, did the reflexology (foot massage) and manicure and pedicures and all were excellent and enjoyable.
Age range was surprisingly mixed. In a way, we expected it would be an older crowd due to the low-key nature, but there was a pretty even blend of ages, spanning young honeymooners, to older retirees.
Overall, we couldn't have been more pleased. Our 8 days there flew by. Probably the best sign was how much we didn't want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist corridor of Los Cabos conveniently on the beachfront, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, Casa del Mar Golf Resort and Spa, is your hacienda oasis in Los Cabos, Mexico. An intimate 50 room ocean view luxury boutique hotel where you can experience the warm Mexican hospitality and personalized service. Casa del Mar offers luxury amenities and accommodations, providing the perfect options and facilities for a relaxing escape, spectacular wedding or romantic honeymoon, a rewarding business travel experience, or a golfer's haven. The spacious rooms and suites are all entirely within a peaceful oasis of lush gardens, fountains and pools. Enjoy your quiet, relaxing vacation on an expansive beach. Rejuvenate body and spirit at our renewed luxury spa, enjoy our championship golf courses or venture out to explore the excitement of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Casa Del Mar Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo