“Relaxing trip with our baby”

Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
San Diego, California
“Relaxing trip with our baby”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We are currently half way through our trip to Cabo, staying at the Zoetry Casa del Mar. We are travelling with our 11 mo baby. So far the trip has been quite relaxing, and that is what we were looking for. No crowds. No dance music at the pool. Just peace and quiet. We haven't received the amazing service that others report, but everything has been very good. Having compimentary 24 hr room service is a definite plus when travelling with a baby. Overall, the all-inclusive food has been decent. Nothing fantastic but very good and edible. Don't waste your time going next door to Dreams; food there was a complete disappointment.

Staying in a one bedroom luxury suite with a private jacuzzi is definitely a must! The room is amazing: enormous, modern, and has a full kitchen, large dining area, large living room, travertine tile throughout, and a nice bathroom. There is even a full size washer and dryer. One suggestion would be to have privacy screens on the side of the balconies so you dont look directly into your neighbor's balcony esp with the private jacuzzis!

It feels as though we have the resort to ourselves. If you're looking to escape, decompress, avoid crowds and partiers, this is the place.

We booked a package through Luxury Link at a great price for an oceanview master suite for 2 adults. When we contacted the hotel and asked for a crib, they doubled the price of our package, but they did offer us the upgrade to the incredible luxury suite, so I consider it a win.

One other suggestion, though there is a complete kitchen in the luxury suite, it should be stocked with some basics inc a pot or 2, basic silverware, glasses, etc.

Overall, the room is amazing. Service is good but lacking compared to other 5-star resorts, and food is decent but not up to foodie standards.

Room Tip: 2402 is a great luxury suite on the top floor with a king bed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DrRonMath
Zoetry_Casa_del_Mar, General Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear DrRonMath,

Niltze/Greetings

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that you found the service and food to be lacking. We appreacite your suggestions . Rest assured we will do all proper actions in order to better serve you.

On the other hand, the stunning and beauty of the luxury one bedroom suites have no comparison. The relaxing view and romantic jacuzzi make them unique.

We hope you and your family will come to visit us again soon.

Alain Berthelot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Golden, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Zoetry will stay with me in my dreams for a very long time. It was the most relaxing break away that I have experienced since my honeymoon many years ago. The 7 days were spent being pampered beyond my expectations and that is all down to the wonderful staff. The accommodation was everything and more that you could wish for, the food was delicious and healthy, and the personal touches made this beyond doubt a first class hotel.
Dining on the beach watching the beautiful sunsets and moonlight ocean was breathtaking.
Pablo was on hand to make sure I remained active with his fun aqua aerobics at the beach bar pool, he also taught me to finger paint one afternoon much to my surprise.
Cocktails were the best and Cirillio made sure they were mixed just as you liked them, his warmth an friendliness along with the other members of staff too many to name were so courteous to my husband and I "Thank you".
This is a hotel where you can go an relax an recharge your batteries, there are quiet pools and seating areas to be found everywhere you walk. It is not somewhere you would want to take the children, this is for adults searching a romantic honeymoon or couples wanting to wind down and enjoy the tranquility.
All inclusive really does mean that here, an returning with a suitcase full of clean laundry will appeal to all the lady visitors. As will enjoying your champagne and jacuzzi baths with Bvlgari toiletries, a very nice touch. Crisp white linens and a comfortable bed.
Did i want to leave NO!! Would I go back YES!! in a heartbeat, we plan to return and stay in one of the ocean front rooms where we can be just that bit closer.
If you are reading this thinking it sounds just what Im looking for "it is".....Enjoy as we did.

2 Thank trishypoo123
Dear trishypoo123,

Niltze/Greetings!

We were honored to be your host in this wonderful relaxing trip. On behalf of the entire Zoëtry Casa del Mar family we will like to thank you for your feedback. We could not agree more on every single description about our beautiful resort.

I am more than glad to hear your experience will be in your dreams for a very long time. That is what we like to hear and what we strive for!

Thnak you so much for your preference.

Golden, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife & I have just returned from a 7 day stay at the Zoetry Casa Del Mar (Sept 14-21). This was without doubt the most relaxing vacation we have had in years. We read all of the reviews on here prior to booking & to be honest we were a little concerned by some of the negative ones we read. I can honestly say that we have nothing but great things to say about this hotel, it was exactly what we hoped it would be & more. All of the staff we met were extremely courteous & eager to help in whatever way they could. I cannot recall all of the names, but Pablo, Cirillio, Luis, Moises & Cesar did stand out. We spent most of our days at the Beach Club, where just about all the guests we came into contact with were very respectful. The atmosphere there was great with the waves crashing onto the beach, and the pool very handy for a cooling dip, before another cocktail at the swim up bar.

Our room was in the Aquarius building, a very short 2 min walk to the main building & beach club. The room was modern, has tons of storage space, great shower & Jacuzzi bath. The bed had crisp fresh linen & was extremely comfortable, so much so that we took a look at the manufacturers label, so that we could get the same one when we come to renew ours at home.
We enjoyed a complimentary bottle of Champagne every day & the free laundry service was a nice touch, meaning that we returned with suitcases full of clean clothes.

We ate in all of the restaurants & found the food to be healthy, tasty & very well presented. There is the option of eating at either Dreams of Secrets if you so wish, but we never felt the need to leave Zoetry. Dinner on the beach was fabulous with the setting sun & waves crashing on the beach just a few yards away, a memory that will stay with us forever. There were lots of Mexican dishes to choose from, and a couple of times we ordered off the menu with no problem whatsoever.

My wife & I have experienced resorts on all five continents, and I can honestly say that this is one of the very few that I plan to return to. If you are a couple, looking to relax & recharge your batteries in a friendly boutique hotel, the you cannot go far wrong with the Zoetry Casa del Mar. If you have kids, want action, planned activities, nightlife etc. the don't go, it really is not that kind of property.

Room Tip: Every room has a great view of the ocean. Next time we will try an beachfront room in the main build...
1 Thank Stuart A
Zoetry_Casa_del_Mar, General Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Stuart A,

Niltze /Greetings!

We would like to thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the time of sharing your favorite aspects about the resort. It means so much more when a guest points out a list of their highlights. We totally agree with you regarding dinner on the beach. Mezquite Restaurant, is a jewel at the resort. We are looking forward to hosting you again soon and create a memorable vacation one more time.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed with my mom at Zoetry for 8 nights....it could not have been better...the staff says they will pamper you from the minute you show up and they really do!! From the accomodations to the food and the staff it was just perfection. Dinners on the beach were defenitely a great experience. The soups and steack to die for.
We stayed at the Zoetry to recuperate from the "every day" stress and it defenitly did that. We came back home relaxed, tanned and with a lot of great memories.
I will defenitely go back next time I go to Los Cabos.

Room Tip: We were upgrated to a 2 bedroom suite with Jacuzzi a little further from the beach but well worth it...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brafra
Dear Brafra,

Niltze/Greetings!

Perfect is a lovely word to describe our beautiful Desert-Oasis by the Sea of Cortez. Definetely, Zoëtry Casa del Mar is a place to relax and forget about "every day stress". How wonderful it is to relax with a great service, great scenery and great ambiance?

We would love to create more memories like the ones you just described. Please let us know your new traveling dates in order to welcome you in this "slice of paradise".

Hicksville, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I'm writing this while relaxing in this beautiful suite after having a delicious breakfast at one of the restaurants here. My wife and I are here on our honeymoon and we can't stop being amazed at how friendly and attentive everybody has been. The place is very quiet and kept very clean. I want to give special thanks to Cirillo who has been the best bartender ever. We had dinner at the beach club last night and it was probably one of the best meals of my life. I'm here for a few more days and I am already sad to know this stay will eventually come to an end.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor give you very easy access to the pools.
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paulshwang,

Niltze/Greetings!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. On behalf of the entire Zoëtry Casa del Mar family we would like to extend our sincerest thank you for the honor to have you among us. We look forward to see you again soon and can not wait to welcome you to pamper you as deserved.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

15 Sept 2013 to 19 Sept 2013. While any traveler will experience disappointments at one time or another, Casa del Mar is very likely to be the exception. During our stay, we were "threatened" by Tropical Storm Manuel. We did experience heavier than normal rain but it did not affect the superb service by the hotel staff. I understand that you do not know me from Adam but I assure you this is one of the finest staffs I have encountered in my travels around the world. Special mention goes to Heriberto, Maria Elena and Pamela. The grounds in the immediate hotel area are immaculately groomed and the sandy areas are raked. No, the beach is not in a swimmable area but there are multiple pool areas to meet your needs.
I would ask that you do not place too much emphasis on the negative feedbacks. As i mentioned, anyone can experience difficulties but I believe the staff will do everything in their power to correct problems (some just can't be solved). Overall the food is better than average and your choices are expanded by the short walk to Dreams where you have dining and use privileges.
To the Management: I sincerely hope you can maintain the high standards you have established. The bellboys, pool personnel, front desk and the maids are simply first rate.

Room Tip: Stays during "off-season" may have fewer dining choices available. The beach resteraunts...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoetry_Casa_del_Mar, General Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Sallyhung,

Niltze/Greetings!

We can not thank you enough for taking the time to reflect on your visit. We really strive for those comments from every single of our guests. As you well pointed out, we are proud of our "family-staff" that totally loves what they do. We are more than glad to see you had a wonderful time during your visit.

We certainly hope you will choose to stay among us in a near future,

Namastè,

Atascadero, California, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We spent 10 days at this beautiful resort. Peaceful, quiet, we met so many wonderful people there. Some will remain friends. The food was absolutely fabulous. Anything you want to eat or drink, they will do. A beautiful place is only better when you have a fabulous staff. I can't say enough about this staff. Not only was there service amazing, their personalities made them feel like friends. We especially loved Brenda who kept our glasses at the pool well filled. We learned while we were there that she is going to have a baby. Congratulations to her. I was in the Spa twice once for a massage, once for a facial. My experience there was just as wonderful. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I'm very picky about my sleeping accommodations. The sheets were silky the bed extremely comfor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anita M,

Niltze/Greetings!

It was our pleasure to host you for such a memorable vacation. Thank you for your kind words . It is our hope that a return trip among our beautiful family is in your plans soon.

We would love the opportunity to pamper you one more time at this Desert-Oasis by the Sea of Cortez.

Namastè,

The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
#7 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!