“Go to the Zoetry in Cabo -- you will love it!”

Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Key Largo, Florida
“Go to the Zoetry in Cabo -- you will love it!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visited from 5-8 June 2013, to try out Cabo for a change (we usually go to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan or Cancun) and we were VERY impressed. This is a great resort, with an excellent staff. My compliments to the management -- although I never saw a manager, everything ran perfectly! This reflects their professional training and a dedication to guest satifsfaction. We ordered room service for breakfast each day and it came right-on-time and was served with good presentation (as were all our meals). Although this was our first visit, it will not be our last -- we are already planning to return in early July!

Room Tip: Try to stay in the "main" building, although all the rooms/suites are wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank clkaka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at this beautiful resort June 9-13. Certainly not long enough! We wanted a low-key, quiet place for our 10 year anniversary and Zoetry did not disappoint. The concierge can set you up with tours and activities if you wish, but we just wanted to relax and enjoy the beauty.

Rooms - We stayed in a beach front. They first put us on the first floor, but we didn't have a great view. They moved us to the 3rd floor and it was fabulous! If you stay in the main part of the hotel you get the "postcard" view from their website, but you don't hear the crashing waves like you do in the beach front. Plus - there is nothing between you and the beach. Would highly recommend!

Pools - They had 3, but we always went down to the beachfront. I mean - how can you pass up staring at the long stretches of sand and water!

Food - We were really pleased with everything we had. All inclusive or not, the meals were excellent! Very organic. They give you nutritional info and had lots of veg/gluten free choices.

Staff - We couldn't be happier with the staff. Everyone we came in contact with was friendly, attentive, and met all of our needs - most times without being asked. It's like this place reads your mind! Wish I could name everyone, but we thank them all!

I would recommend that you tip. While I know it is all-inclusive, the staff works hard for you and I'm sure they appreciate it.

Would highly recommend Zoetry Casa del Mar. Can't wait to book our next trip there!

Room Tip: Choose beach FRONT. 1302 is awesome - all you see is the top of a palm tree, beach and surf. The r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the resort at the recommendation of a travel agent due to one of us being a vegetarian. We were not disappointed! The food, amenities, service and overall experience at Zoetry was exceptional. We actually stayed in one of the very large condos on the grounds (complimentary upgrade). The condo was enormous and could easily entertain 8 adults. Large master suite, second bedroom with two double beds, walk-in rain showers, separate toilet area, top of the line appliances, including a full size washer and dryer and trundle bed... Not to mention each bedroom had its own sliding door and patio area with sitting chairs. The main terrace, off of the living room had a sitting area and step-up jacuzzi large enough to hold four adults comfortably. Did I mention that we pinched ourselves everyday for our incredible luck! My friend raved about the beds. "Best sleep in a long time!" Other guests we spoke to indicated that they felt that the hotel beds were too soft, but staff assisted in making them more comfortable. I suppose it is hard to please everyone. Again, the serrvice from Zoetry staff was exceptional and friendly. The atmosphere was spa like (serene) and quiet. We were looking to get away from the eternal winter in Minnesota, slow down and rest. The weather and the resort did not disappoint. I am not an ocean swimmer, so not being able to go into the water was not important to me. There were 3 pools on the grounds near the hotel and the condo building we stayed in had its own pool. The beach sand was clean (except for horse droppings), compact and the ocean waves were wonderfully powerful to watch and listen to. We engaged in spa services, yoga classes and worked out. I think the only suggestion I would make would be to enlarge the workout area and upgrade some of the exercise machines. I'm not picky about those sort of things, but it did get crowded at times with other guests. Also, excursions were available for golfing, fishing and other if that is your interest. Zoetry's sister hotel, Dreams which is located just up the beach, has three more restaurants available to eat at (included in the all-inclusive price) and shuttle services into Cabo San Lucas. We had a very memorable experience! Thanks Zoetry!

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade to one of the condo units, do It!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Linda P
San Diego
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last October and had a great time. I choose this resort because I wanted a higher quality resort with better food and amenities and was not disappointed.

Beach: This was a disappoint. You cannot go in the water in Cabo because of the rip current. However, the lower pool was great and there was always a good group of people to hang out with and enjoy the sun.

Food: The food was very good for an all-inclusive. The selection was somewhat limited, but the staff was more than willing to accommodate our special requests.

Rooms: We got a room in the main building right above the lobby. They are without a doubt the best rooms in the resort. We heard complaints about the ocean front rooms so I would avoid those.

Service: The staff was great and very friendly. Nothing special, but they get the job done.

Spa: I was shocked at how bad my massage was. I have had a dozen or so massage over the past 5 years and was suprised at how little the therapist did over the course of 75 minutes. I came out greasy and unimpressed.

Activities: The resort can set you up with a lot activities to do. We went into Cabo a couple times and went for a horseback ride. That was more than enough for us.

Summary: I would definitely recommend this resort over some of the other All-Inclusives in Cabo. It is smaller and you can feel the difference. The food is better and you don't have to fight the crowds. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building above the big pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CHDuncan
Bogart, Ga.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

WOW!! Where to start?? We've been to at least 8 different All Inclusives on many different Islands and this is the first one that we want to go back to!! We went on a family vacation with our 25 and 21 yr old daughters.

It was quiet and peaceful. If you want action and nightlife; go somewhere else. Or check out Dreams next door. But if you want a relaxing, pampering and quality resort, pack your bags and go!!!
From the start to the finish it was difficult to find a negative.

Yes a few times, the service was spotty, but overall The service is great!! I want to give a big shout out to Jorge, Brenda, Alberto, Hector and Marcos!! Many more were excellent, but these were the main folks who took EXTRA special care of us!!
By the end of the week, they knew our likes and dislikes and catered to us. Always extra ice and water without even asking; not to mention the Pineapple Mojitos and Mango Maritinis!!!
And how nice to walk around and be called by your name. It felt like we were leaving family when it was time to go!

The food was great; so nice to have no buffets! Best food we've ever had at an All Inclusive. You have to try the Yam chips and Guacamole.!! Awesome!! Be sure to ask for the Chef's Special at Tapanco's. One night we had an amazing Sea Bass special.

And Can I mention the fact that they did our laundry??? Now what an amazing thing to go home with CLEAN clothes(especially all the stinky workout clothes!).

Hearing the waves all night long,the comfy beds(loved the bed sheets), and quiet rooms made sleeping amazing. We had the best and most sleep we've ever had on vacation. I was worried based on the reviews about the beds being too soft; but no problems(and I do have back issues).

The few negatives or improvements I could mention: TV minimal. It would be nice to have movies to rent. The workout room is small and old. It would add to the allure if they upgraded the facilities. At least have everything in working order. If you are big workout person, it's worth going over to Dreams and using their larger, more equipped facility. The walk over is a good warmup!
A few games around would be good; ie. Corn hole or horseshoes. Things that would be fun but not too rowdy. And it would be neat if they rotated their menu occasionally.

Other than that. It was awesome. Go, relax and enjoy the beauty and pampering!

Room Tip: Check out the bathroom privacy situation before you book your room. Some bathrooms are open.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Angel90
Castle Pines, Colorado, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This resort is a beautiful boutique hotel with a wonderful staff, comfortable rooms, good food and great accommodations overall. It was very quiet and restful - not alot of activities if that's what you are looking for, but this was by far the best resort I have stayed in Mexico. I loved everything about it and I would not hesitate to recommed this resort to anyone. If you are looking for a beautiful resort, good food, nice comfortable room (although the beds were too soft)
this is a wonderful place. We have already made plans to return in Octobber

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan M
Hauppauge, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived the beginning of May and spent 6 nights. We did private transfers and that really is wonderful. First the check in process was easy and pleasant. While checking in they bring over a nice cold drink and towel. Our room was oceanfront ground level and had a beautiful view. This resort is really very peaceful and relaxing. There are 2 restaurants to choose from on the resort and the menu doesn't change but there are many options on the menu. There wasn't one meal I ate that I did not truly enjoy. Their steaks are a bit chewy compared to home. Service was good almost all the time; occasionally spotty - but nothing terrible. Loved the fresh juices in the morning, room service for desert and the daily champagne! The Sea of Cortez is cold - reminds me of the Atlantic - but beautiful to view.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
#25 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!