“Loved Zoetry”

Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Santa Barbara, California
“Loved Zoetry”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at Casa Del Mar at the end of March 2013. The grounds were beautiful and immaculate--very clean. The rooms were overall very good, although my wife wasn't thrilled with the open bathroom floorplan. We were in an ocean view suite, just off the main building. There were quite a few children at the main pool, which was unexpected, and we stuck to the adult pool for that reason. At the end of our trip, the adult pool got a little too rowdy (we're not old fogeys, but we came to relax), though, and we found ourselves hanging out with the kids because it was actually more peaceful.
The food: i went in with low expectations because of the all-inclusive nature but i was pleasantly surprised. Breakfasts were very good. Lunches were great. Our dinners were excellent. The ability to sit on the beach and have a fine dining experience under the stars is amazing--romantic and memorable. The drinks were plentiful and strong enough, for sure. Good variety in both food and drink.
The location was great if you're there to relax ... close-ish to the airport, close enough to town, and the perfect spot if you want to do absolutely nothing but sit in the sun (which is why we were there).
The service was outstanding ... the staff works very hard and it shows. Everyone was attentive, friendly, and did everything they could to make our stay special. I've stayed at several higher-end all-inclusives and this experience was high up on the list.
We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Ocean View Suites are great. I'd ask for a room with a more private bathroom if you're sensi...
4 Thank Jay S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Irvine, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of being invited to his company event at Zoetry Casa Del Mar. We were there from March 17-20, 2013. Upon arrival, we could tell that the resort was everything we hoped it would be. Our room was clean, nice floors, fixtures, comfortable bed, very well appointed if a bit minimal on the decorations, but the view makes up for that. The view was spectacular and it's the first thing you see when you enter. You can also see it from the bath so that's a plus. The grounds were perfectly manicured and the staff were so pleasant and helpful. My only note would be that if you're a big fan of food and having a lot of options, this may not be the resort for you as there are only 3 restaurants and they aren't all serving at the same time. Also, the menus for the pool location and the beach location are pretty similar, we only had breakfast at the restaurant attached to the resort so I'm not sure about it. They do offer you the option to go to the Dreams Resort next door but that isn't always a convenience. Had we been there longer, we probably would have tried it to have more options.
We both got spa treatments (massages) and they were incredible. I would definitely recommend it. Very relaxing and the staff in the spa were great.
One of our favorite highlights from the trip was definitely the staff. They were very nice and quick to respond. Always responding with a smile and "It's a pleasure". We spent most of our time down at the pool by the beach so I am referring to the guys down at the pool bar and the restaurant on the beach. We only ate once at the restaurant at the big pool and the service was a little slower but very accommodating. We only had dinner at the resort one night and it was ok. Overall, the food is just ok.
The chairs by the beach are very nicely situated and comfortable. Beware that people selling hats, purses, scarves and other goods will walk up to your chair and ask if you want to buy. It would be nice if the resort could put a stop to this since guests are there to relax but I'm not sure what the rules are.
Our room was located in a building near the sand on the left side of the hotel if you're facing the beach and it was a great location. The only con here was that they have a large, square gated area set up where they said they keep turtles during a certain season. It's not pleasing to look at and maybe they could spruce it up but once you know what it's for, it's pretty cool. We made sure to call and request daily cleanings and turn down service. I don't think they come in 3 times a day like the site says but really, who needs that? Our room was really nice and we slept great leaving the door open with just the screen closed listening to the waves.
I'll end with my favorite part of the trip: getting to see whales. We spotted 6 whales relatively close to the shore one day and it was fantastic. If you want to whale watch, mid-march is a great time to go. They recommend that you not swim in the ocean so keep that in mind.
In closing, we would definitely recommend Zoetry for relaxation, a really nice resort with great staff but not if you're looking for great food and would be disappointed without it.

Room Tip: We knew people both with rooms all around the resort and everyone seemed really pleased with their r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MrsBondarenko
Rocklin, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Words can't express how wonderful our experience was at this hotel. Food was great, beach was beautiful, rooms were clean, service was fantastic, and the staff was the most amazing group of people we've ever encountered. We visited Zoetry Casa Del Mar from April 8-16, 2013 on our honeymoon. The hotel arranged our private transportation via email before we even arrived and provided us with very helpful and detailed instructions on how to get through the airport and who to look for (Amstar). The weather was amazing and the hotel was not crowded at all. When we arrived, we got first class service from the front desk and a staff member brought us a glass of their juice of the day. Immediately we were taken to our fantastic room by golf cart and the attendant helped with our luggage. Our whole time there was just amazing...we had a candlelit dinner on the beach with a musician serenading us, our mini bar was always stocked and our room always clean. They offer turn down service in the evening accompanied by a plate of cookies and the 24-hour room service was such a luxury, prompt and delicious. Free international calls, free wi-fi, free laundry and dry cleaning service. They even arranged our rental car reservation (Avis brought the car to the hotel for us). We had massages at the spa that rival any massage we've had in the states and offer wellness lectures and yoga on the beach.

Everyone on that staff was great but most of all, I need to comment on 3 very special people: Karim, Norma, and Maida. They work the front desk and were the most kind and compassionate people we've ever met. We ran into some unfortunate circumstances while we were there and they went above and beyond what we would expect from an acquaintance much less a hotel staff member. Their kindness will never be forgotten and to us, means more than any five-star restaurant or beach view.

This hotel is really a gem...if you're looking for a clean, secluded, beautiful property with amazing people, good food, and nice rooms...this is your place!

Room Tip: Master Romance Suite is worth the money but if you have mobility issues, choose one closer to the ma...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jennifersaifi
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here over March break and had the most fabulous vacation. The staff and service were exceptional. We had a large gorgeous 2 bdrm suite, property is so well maintained and manicured...among the best around, excellent tennis courts and coach Pablo. The food was fantastic, so healthy and fresh!! They bend over backwards to try and please. We had a great breakfast delivered to our room every day and they were able to accomodate exactly what we asked for. Would highly recommend this resort for families or couples. It was quiet and relaxing, or if you wanted more activity you could walk down the beach and use the Dreams resort next door. The sand is beautiful and clean. Like most of Cabo, beach is not swimmable. Very, very few vendors and extremely polite, they don't bother you. Beach is very empty...most people just going for long walks or a few kids playing in the sand. Excellent place to go for runs in the Del Mar golf course community across the road in the hills. Did this every morning. Our friends Presidential Suite came with a butler, and he was exceptional. If you have a larger group, I would highly recommend having him. He was 100% available for them at any time if anything needed to be done. They felt super pampered! On several occassions he arranged for the kids to go horse riding on the beach, and it was safe for them to go on their own with the rider. This is truly a 5 star! We will definitely be back. Crystal blue skies with not a whisper of a cloud for 7 days, was not hard to take.
FYI when we were there, I saw the staff ask the lady to turn off her small boom box, or go down to the beach to listen if she wanted it on, and she moved quietly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank twiebe
Seattle
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We traveled to Zoetry on 3/23-3/29, and in general had an amazing time and would highly recommend this property. The only downside is the amount of children that were there when we visited, which I did not expect prior to arrival.

LOCATION
Well, it's on the corridor area - reasonably close to the airport, the beach area in front is nice, but there is quite a few beach vendors if that kind of thing bothers you (I don't mind - we bought some stuff). We did see whales and dolphins from our location, so that was pretty cool as well. Not "swimmable" at the beach, but we're used to that having traveled to Cabo previously (some hotels do, but not many).

ROOMS
We stayed in room 101, which is in the main building, basically above the main hotel bar. The location of this room was great, we had a partial view of the ocean and were close to all of the resort amenities. This was the lowest room class, and given that I'd say it was as good as I hoped for. The rooms are modern, were in excellent condition, and were reasonably spacious. The beds have been mentioned by previous reviewers, I would compare these beds very much to a "memory foam" mattress - not sure if that's exactly what they are (I don't have one, but have tried them), I can see where some people would like them (soft) but others may not. We did not have trouble sleeping, so no complaints here. Minibar was actually pretty nice compared to similar resorts, included mini-bottles of four liquors, about six beers, and a selection of various kinds of nuts (goes great with the beer!). One aspect of the room that could definitely be improved is the lack of privacy to the toilet/WC area, this is just a partial height partition door - so you can hear your significant other doing all of their "business"! I found myself taking my "deuces" in the main resort bathrooms to spare my wife for the most part.

FOOD
In general the food here was pretty good. I find most "higher end" all inclusives to have good breakfasts, better lunches, and just OK dinners. This pattern was reasonably true here as well. One thing that I did have that was outstanding for dinner was the snapper at the beach grill area (Mesquite I think is the name). Room service was very prompt. They will definitely let you order off menu, just keep in mind that not "anything is possible" (as they say), they do have to have the actual ingredients already but they are pretty awesome about being accommodating.

POOL AREAS
As I mentioned at the top of my review, there was a LOT of kids when we visited. Based on reading other's reviews I certainly expected SOME but it was more significant. Essentially, the resort is divided into two primary pool areas, the upper pool (which has a swim-up bar, and essentially two pools connected by a short waterfall/infinity edge, and is the larger pool) and the lower pool at the beach club (which also has a swim up bar, but is smaller and the temperature is a few degrees colder for whatever reason). The beach club pool is adults only, but the upper pool is all ages, and during the day it basically became a kids play zone... kids screaming, playing with water toys, generally frolicking and doing what kids do - which is fine, but when you're trying to relax it gets annoying quickly. On a few days, there was a group of people who brought their own "boom box" and styrofoam cooler down to this pool, presumably they were timeshare owners, but I thought that was kinda trashy - I would recommend to management to not allow this type of practice as it makes it feel like a public park or something.

All in all, the pool areas were very nice, the loungers were good quality, LOTS of space in general... it's just those darn kids! We spent most of the days at the beach club, which was great, but it would have been nice to enjoy the upper pool area more.

SPA
We did visit the spa, and in general I was very happy with my treatments. I will confirm what others have said about the price, it is very expensive - even more than most resorts, and while there are "daily specials" they're not all that special. You get a free 20 minute massage, so I just added a 30 minute treatment for $90 (or something in that ballpark), which made it reasonable for that single treatment. A 50 minute massage was around $179. Bottom line, it's good but you'll pay for it. Facilities themselves are nice, but nothing too special.

SERVICE
This is one area where Zoetry definitely stood out. Everyone there was exceptionally nice and helpful, and some were truly exceptional. I'll give a shout out to "G" and Jorge in particular, they took excellent care of us!

One final note, we booked through Mexvax, and I was nervous about it - not much in the way of reviews available from US customers. I had ZERO problems, got a great deal, would not hesitate recommending to others who may have similar concerns. They even called me direct when I inadvertently had double-booked and quickly resolved it.

Room Tip: If you are not staying in an oceanfront room, ask to stay in the main building - some of the other s...
6 Thank BigHorseMan
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great Hotel, amazing service.. Everything was great from the beginning to the end! Definitely I will come back.

Tip:: Do not reserve tours with the concierge.. She is from an agency, not from the hotel and she offer you the most expensive trips.. We went to the boat, we have all inclusive so we do not want any food in the boat. She told us that is was not optional, and when we arrived.. You have another cheap offer (only canapés). so do not trust her.

2 Thank PCUEVAS_13
Frisco
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I have visited Cabo several times in the past 2 years (2 times at Zoetry and 1 time at their sister property, Dreams). Both are beautiful resorts.

This past week, we took 5 couples back to Zoetry w/ us to celebrate multiple special occassions (anniversaries & b-days). 2 things we love about Zoetry: the beauty of the resort & the great staff! (more specifically 2 of their employees: Jose Alberto Galvan & Brenda Vazquez Munos). Both employees go 'out of their way' to make sure you are 'happy happy happy!' My husband and I are both in the Customer Service industry and know just how important great service is; both Brenda & Jose are awesome (very professional & very accommodating). All of our friends were so impressed w/ the level of service both of them provided and consistently as well.

If you ever have the opportunity of visiting Zoetry, Jose & Brenda are always there working hard to make sure they provide great service whether it's down by the adult pool or in the resort's main restaurant! If you get to meet them, tell them Bob & Krista from TX say hello!

Room Tip: Even their junior suites (smaller) are awesome!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
#8 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!