“Honeymoon in Paradise...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Milwaukee, WI
“Honeymoon in Paradise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week at Zoetry for our honeymoon. It was fantastic!!! We paid the extra money to have a junior ocean front suite and I felt it was well worth it... being close to the main building and having the ocean right outside of our balcony was fantastic.

We stayed in Suite 1202. It was ground levle at the door but second level on the ocean side - good option for people who don't want stairs. with our MyTime package, we were eligible for a room upgrade if available. Unfortunately, the next room level up was booked while we were there. No matter, our room was wonderful. The maid service was amazing. They really do clean or check in on your room 3 times a day!! They put lovely flower petals by the sink and fresh towels as needed. Stock your mini bar with snacks and alcohol, water and juice. Bvlgari bath products stocked every day. The only negatives about the room was that the shower and the toilet are in the same area and only have a half door so it is open to the room. Also the shower sprays all over the floor outside of the shower every time so completely drenches the bath towel. Granted, they changed the towel for us twice a day. And the bed was very soft so that my back was sore....
Maid service took care of a special rose petal turn down service for us and it was beautiful.. rose petals all over and candles lit all over with a bubble bath drawn!!

The grounds on the property were impeccable. Completely manicured and spotless. There were always groundsmen working on the property. It was amazing. we played tennis 4 times while there and borrowed rackets and balls. The "grass" court was awesome!

We spent our days at the beach pool bar. G was fabulous. So kind and accomodating. Manuel and Angelica were wonderful as well! They did everything they could to make us comfortable. The pools and beach were never crowded. You never had to fight for a spot or go down early to make sure you got a chair... whatever time you showed up, there was space. The towels were soft and plush and plenty of umbrellas.

The room service was fantastic. Bottle of champagne every day and different sweet treats every day as well! Whatever you asked for, they would bring to you with a smile. Eduardo was fantastic!

The thing that most impressed me was how accomodating everyone was - if you wanted something that was not on the menu or if you wanted 2 tacos instead of 3, if you wanted something that was not on the room service menu but it was on a restaurant menu... "anything is possible here" was said to me more than once.

Both restaurants were fantastic. I do wish there was more traditiional Mexican food on the menu but I definitely enjoyed the food. The Miraflora Burrito and Shrimp Quesadilla were probably my favorite. My husband enjoyed all of the steak options. The food was so health and organic and the portion sizes were great- not sooooo huge. The calories were also printed on the menus which was a nice touch...you can make an educated decision. Francisco, Marcos and Kennedy were great at the restaurants. I loved breakfast too - fresh fruit juice to order every morning!

Maida checked us in and was lovely. So cheerful and pleasant. Everyone was so attentive and said hellp with a smile when you passed.

The spa was wonderful. Luckily we had a couples massage and another treatment included in our package. Otherwise, I would not have gotten anything done.. a 25 minute facial was $95!! The prices were 2-3 times what I am accustomed to. Packages for $500, etc. Way too expensive. But you do have access to the steam room and jacuzzi in the spa whether or not you are getting services, which is nice.

We did tip usually $5 after a whole day at the beach pool, $5 for dinner, $3 for breakfast... $1 for a drink at the bar, etc. Since we had budgeted and paid for our trip before hand, we felt fine about it. We spent a total of $150 all week. We could tell how greatly appreciated it was.

Laundry was also included which was amazing... giving dirty laundry to them and having your undies folded and clean!?! And packaged in paper for you in your room.. heaven.

Loved our trip and was treated like royalty. Highly recommend it....

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are worth it... quite a far walk from the other buildings. 1202 had no stairs to ge...
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank tyansoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
jaystravs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

What makes this place awesome is its staff. They bend over backwards for you and are asked to expect nothing in return. Please tip the employees generously as their base salaries are very low for American standards and they have to live in Cabo which is one of the most expensive cities to live in Mexico.

The pros:

- Staff, staff, staff. Viva Mexico!!
- The location is just amazing. Try to wake up in the middle of the night and look outside. You will never see a starry sky like this. Also, we were waken up by whales jumping on the ocean.
- The food is very good and they will make you whatever you want, not just what's on the menu
- The property is immaculate and quite pleasant to the view. I loved how secluded it was and the touches of Mexican culture around.
- The spa is beautiful and very relaxing

The cons:

- Cabo is in Mexico. Please try to show some pride on your culture by offering more traditional Mexican dishes in your restaurants and maybe organizing some cultural activities for the guests.
- Please update your gym. I know you make enough money to do it and people who are into fitness will appreciate it.

All in all, I loved this place and I would come back

Room Tip: Chose and Ocean front room if you can afford it
1 Thank jaystravs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Zoetry is one of the best resorts I have been to. The staff was fantastic, food was great, rooms were perfect, and the grounds were well maintained. It's very quiet, but nice to have the option to go to Dreams next door, if you want a little more action. We never had to fight for a spot at either pool and the staff was there whenever we needed anything, but not over the top. Room service was also great, as well as housekeeping. My husband and I ran on the beach every morning and really liked the fact that the meals list all of the nutritional content. But don't get me wrong, there's plenty of things to overindulge in, if that's what you're looking for on vacation! Estaban and the staff at the pool bar were so much fun! No complaints whatsoever and I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a quiet and relaxing vacation. We will definitely be back to Zoetry Casa del Mar!

Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Laurie S
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We just returned from a 5 day stay at the Zoetry Casa Del Mar....it was a wonderful experience. We were so impressed by their staff...anything we asked for was done. Please ask for Jorge at the beach bar...he was absolutely incredible...he and his staff took care of our party of 8...they just know how to make great things happen. Anything we wanted they accomodated us!!! Food was good and healthy, wonderful portions. I would absolutely return to this resort. Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you choose THE PRESIDENTIAL SUITES you will have a walk to the restaraunts and bars...we were tra...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Cat L
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Thanks to reviews on Trip Advisor we chose Casa del Mar as our first all-inclusive experience. Reviewers were right. We loved the size of the hotel and grounds. The rooms are lovely and immaculate with every first class amenities. The food was so beautifully presented and delicious. The staff was so friendly but not over the top. WE could walk a long beach and come back to a great beach bar and helpful staff, like Luis and Brenda. We are definitely returning.

Room Tip: 108. Great view and privacy
2 Thank Momo736
Pacific Palisades, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my first time at an All-Inclusive resort. I have been to Cabo twice before, but stayed at Palmilla type resorts.

I have to say that I was very impressed...and ready not to be. The food was amazing. People are right that there is a limited menu, but that is typical at small...high end resorts. You can usually have them make you something different, but the menu remains the same.

Our room...amazing! We had a suite in that had an infinity jacuzzi on the deck which we spent time in everyday. It was a large room, large and immaculate bathroom with a shower that included an ocean view.

The staff...while some can be a little slow with the service some we fell in love with. Including most of the beach area staff. Pablo being our FAVORITE!! He was so attentive, spoke English well, funny and checked on us constantly.

Gym...we worked out everyday and found the gym to be fine for our needs.

All in all, I loved having the freedom to eat and rink what I wanted without any worry about the price. I will be back...and maybe even with the kids:)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank CAtravel39
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Zoetry Casa Del Mar was simply amazing. The resort itself if beautifully manicured, upscale and perfectly appointed. The food was outstanding. Our room and views were awesome. The best thing I can report on is the service. Above and beyond anything I expected. This resort is on my very short list of places to return. You will not be disappointed with this choice. I didn't want to leave!!

Room Tip: If you can swing it, choosing a room with a outside balcony sitting area was quite worth the extra e...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#5 of 69 in Cabo San Lucas
4.5 of 5 stars 919 reviews
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#3 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 stars 3,460 reviews
Marquis Los Cabos
Marquis Los Cabos
#4 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 stars 1,358 reviews
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosew...
#1 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
5.0 of 5 stars 872 reviews
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa

Been to Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!