“Too far - rent a car or stay downtown”

Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed November 19, 2012

GOOD:
Great size rooms.
Nice snacks and drinks in the mini bar, complimentary.
Extremely good chef!! We are vegan and he actually had a special meal every single day for us. We really appreciated that!!

BAD:
You need to rent a car, otherwise, the beaches around here are not good for swimming. Taxis in Cabo are extra expensive!
No close locations to swim.

UGLY:
The pools need to be cleaned more often. One of the pools had a yellowish color and the water looked greasy. Maybe somebody spilled something there... but it looked disgusting.

BOTTOM LINE:
If you have a car, is worth it if you find a good price. Food is great, but you would miss your all-inclusive lunch if you go our everyday to a swim-able beach.

Room Tip: I would suggest thinking twice about Cabo. It is really not my favorite beach resort in Mexico. Actu...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Globetracks

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Thank you to the very accommodating staff of Zoetry Casa del Mar, Los Cabos for their outstanding and friendly service. The grounds are kept clean and well landscaped. Most notable to the resort however, was the exquisite view from our ocean front room. We were in awe of how spectacular and private it was. The rooms were clean, furnishings modern and the bed/linens were so comfortable! The location, for what we hoped for, was perfect. The resort is very privately situated and exclusive but less than half an hour from the city. Our only wish was that we could get in the ocean without walking down the beach to an area where swimming was permitted. The spa on site is truly exceptional - everyone should take advantage of it! Our trip was so relaxing and worth every penny. Overall, we were so pleased by what Zoetry Casa del Mar offered us on our honeymoon. Would recommend this resort to couples, for sure!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just back from one week at this resort, and I could not help being hugely disappointed.
My wife and I came to celebrate my 50 year anniversary here, based on promises of endless privelages, good food and great service. We are both well travelled and have stayed at many high end places in the caribean and Europe; and I was totally caught off guard by the low quality of this resort. I could go on and on with horrid examples that would not amount to much ,other than make me relive the incompetence of the staff here.... I simply wanted to warn prospective clients NOT TO WASTE your valuable vacation time and money on this property. The service leaves much to be desired, a long way from professional, and the food similarly is bland and quite dissapointing and repetitive over a week stay. Adequate at best. So, for the incresad price that zoetry commands over other like resorts, I sincerely wish someone would have warned me to pass this one over. I wasted my valuable time, here ..... I hope this eye-opener can save you the same disappointing experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Tab324
Reviewed November 9, 2012

At first glance the hotel is very simple, clean and spacious. We had an ocean view room that was very clean with an amazing view. Everyone went out of their way to accommodate from the moment we arrived. "G", Marco, and the rest of the Zoetry staff were awesome. We fell for the time share tour for the spa discounts, which were worth it in the long run. Food was amazing. VERY LOW KEY - if you are looking for a party place you will be disappointed. The room service crew fixed things that may not have been on the menu just to please us.... Did I mention the massage on the beach? Very relaxing. I would highly recommend for couples, not so much for kids, there are better choices down the beach.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William W
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I booked Zoetry Casa del Mar for our 10th Anniversary and it was Magical! We originally booked 5 nights, but on the 4th night could not bring ourselves to pack our bags, so we decided to extend our stay for an additional night....worth EVERY PENNY! The resort is more beautiful than the photos portraid, the staff was beyond attentive and kind, and although they kept saying it was "their pleasure", it honesltly was OUR PLEASURE! Nora and MaryEllen were our angels, Cesar, Roberto, and Edwardo were beyond accomodating, Marcos made breakfast each morning very enjoyable, Angelica and "G" made pool/beach side completely blissful, and everyone else that we crossed paths with put a smile on our faces. Not only will we recommend this resort to everyone that will listen, but we will be back (we pray sooner rather then later).
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maria P
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in early November to celebrate our wedding anniversary for a long weekend. We stayed in the ocean front rooms, which have not yet been refurbished. The rooms were nice, but definitely a little worn, especially the tiling in the shower. The view was great, flat screen tv, and AC worked great.

The best part of the Zoetry was the food and pool/beach. Everything is All Inclusive, but you order off the menu, no buffets. The food was healthy and well prepared. The shrimp ceviche was my absolute favorite, I could eat it for lunch every day. I loved having dinner on the beach by the fire, it was very cool. Also agree that no need to spring for the private dinner, it's the same experience and you sit 20 ft away.

Tip well and tip often. The staff certainly deserve it and you will get even better service as word travels fast. We left $1 per drink, $5 for breakfast, $10 for lunch and $20 for dinner. After the first day, everyone knew who we were and we very happy to ensure we had everything we needed.

I agree with the other post that Dreams is a waste of time. We walked down just to check it out. There were people everywhere, long lines, lots of kids and there were setting up for THREE different wedding sites. The only good thing was that items in the gift shop were cheaper than Zoetry. We spent $28 on suntan lotion as we carried on, it was about $18 at Dreams.

The only other complaint is the gym equipment is at least 20 years old and should be replaced, especially since this is supposed to be a health/wellness resort. I used it once each day and there was never anyone else in there. It served it's purposed, but I wouldve liked some better machines.

Overall, had a great time, I wish we could stay longer. I wouldn't hesitate to come back and although pricey, it was well worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cheryl R
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This resort far exceeded my expectations! I was worried about booking an all inclusive because in the past we were not impressed and said we'd never go to another. At Zoetry the food was great, the rooms were beautiful and the service was spot on! We loved that we could always find a chair at the pools or beach and it was never hard to get a drink or have people coming up to you seeing what they could get you - food or drink. The healthy fare was nice but that's not why we wanted to come here. In the end though, it proved to be beneficial bc they served healthy options and some unhealthy ones too so we could get whatever we wanted and it was good. There was no huge buffet line either - I am not a fan of those. Overall, we loved this resort and plan to come back again soon!

• Stayed: October 2012
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
#7 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!