“Definition of Relaxing”

Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

At first glance the hotel is very simple, clean and spacious. We had an ocean view room that was very clean with an amazing view. Everyone went out of their way to accommodate from the moment we arrived. "G", Marco, and the rest of the Zoetry staff were awesome. We fell for the time share tour for the spa discounts, which were worth it in the long run. Food was amazing. VERY LOW KEY - if you are looking for a party place you will be disappointed. The room service crew fixed things that may not have been on the menu just to please us.... Did I mention the massage on the beach? Very relaxing. I would highly recommend for couples, not so much for kids, there are better choices down the beach.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William W

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I booked Zoetry Casa del Mar for our 10th Anniversary and it was Magical! We originally booked 5 nights, but on the 4th night could not bring ourselves to pack our bags, so we decided to extend our stay for an additional night....worth EVERY PENNY! The resort is more beautiful than the photos portraid, the staff was beyond attentive and kind, and although they kept saying it was "their pleasure", it honesltly was OUR PLEASURE! Nora and MaryEllen were our angels, Cesar, Roberto, and Edwardo were beyond accomodating, Marcos made breakfast each morning very enjoyable, Angelica and "G" made pool/beach side completely blissful, and everyone else that we crossed paths with put a smile on our faces. Not only will we recommend this resort to everyone that will listen, but we will be back (we pray sooner rather then later).
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

3  Thank Maria P
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in early November to celebrate our wedding anniversary for a long weekend. We stayed in the ocean front rooms, which have not yet been refurbished. The rooms were nice, but definitely a little worn, especially the tiling in the shower. The view was great, flat screen tv, and AC worked great.

The best part of the Zoetry was the food and pool/beach. Everything is All Inclusive, but you order off the menu, no buffets. The food was healthy and well prepared. The shrimp ceviche was my absolute favorite, I could eat it for lunch every day. I loved having dinner on the beach by the fire, it was very cool. Also agree that no need to spring for the private dinner, it's the same experience and you sit 20 ft away.

Tip well and tip often. The staff certainly deserve it and you will get even better service as word travels fast. We left $1 per drink, $5 for breakfast, $10 for lunch and $20 for dinner. After the first day, everyone knew who we were and we very happy to ensure we had everything we needed.

I agree with the other post that Dreams is a waste of time. We walked down just to check it out. There were people everywhere, long lines, lots of kids and there were setting up for THREE different wedding sites. The only good thing was that items in the gift shop were cheaper than Zoetry. We spent $28 on suntan lotion as we carried on, it was about $18 at Dreams.

The only other complaint is the gym equipment is at least 20 years old and should be replaced, especially since this is supposed to be a health/wellness resort. I used it once each day and there was never anyone else in there. It served it's purposed, but I wouldve liked some better machines.

Overall, had a great time, I wish we could stay longer. I wouldn't hesitate to come back and although pricey, it was well worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cheryl R
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This resort far exceeded my expectations! I was worried about booking an all inclusive because in the past we were not impressed and said we'd never go to another. At Zoetry the food was great, the rooms were beautiful and the service was spot on! We loved that we could always find a chair at the pools or beach and it was never hard to get a drink or have people coming up to you seeing what they could get you - food or drink. The healthy fare was nice but that's not why we wanted to come here. In the end though, it proved to be beneficial bc they served healthy options and some unhealthy ones too so we could get whatever we wanted and it was good. There was no huge buffet line either - I am not a fan of those. Overall, we loved this resort and plan to come back again soon!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time at Zoetry Casa del Mar. We stayed for 7 nights for our Honeymoon. We had a Ocean Access Jr. Suite and it was beautiful & clean. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Drinks were always served with a smile and the food was delicious! I enjoyed both pools, but particularly loved the one nearest the ocean. We went to Dreams to eat a few times and really enjoyed their Italian restaurant. I'm glad we had the option of going to Dreams but am glad we stayed at Casa del Mar instead. It's so quiet, peaceful and serene. Not to say that we didn't have a lot of fun and party (cause we did!). Enjoy!

1  Thank Giselle A
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Check in: When we arrived you walk into this beautiful open lobby that looks straight into the gorgeous pool and ocean.
Our room was not ready when we arrived but that was not a problem we were starving so after the tour we went to eat lunch by the pool. Food was amazing! Once we were through we went back to lobby and our room was ready, bags were already in our room.

Room: We had a One Bedroom Master suite ocean view, which had an amazing view of the pool and ocean!!! The room was immaculate. We loved our room. They came to clean it twice a day once in morning and then the turn down service picked up again. They also left you a little treat every evening. There are 2 tvs but I do not think we turned it on once.

Food: We absoultely loved the food. They do have a set menu at each restraunt they may change it a little, but if you have a request or you don't see something that you have a craving for they will do their best to accommodate you. We caught Dorado/Mahi and brought it back to the hotel and they kept it for us in the freezer and they fixed for us twice while we stayed. The first time we told the chef to surprise us. He fixed it 3 different way and each was better than the first and all were good. We thought of taking advantage of being able to go to Dreams and eat but we heard from so many guest that the food does not compare so we stayed at Zoetry.

Staff: I can not say enough about the staff! They were all amazing! They helped us in anyway they could. Raul helped us once we caught our fish and he kept it for us in his kitchen.Estaban, G, Hector, Victor, Marcos, Hugo, Tomas, Angelica, Kennedy were the best! They made us laugh, made things easy, helped us order and made us try new things.
Norma who helped us check in helped us in anyway she could. :-) (if i missed anybody I am sorry)
Beside the beautiful setting the staff here just make you want to come back so you can be pampered and just have a good time.

extras: I know this may not be big for many but I loved that they washed and dry cleaned your clothes for free. I could have it picked up in the morning and it would be folded or hung in our room that evening. To not have any clothes to wash when I came home was a blessing!
They replenished our fridge everyday!

My husband and I can not wait to return and we will definitely spread the word about Zoetry!

1  Thank Bess S
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I came down to celebrate my birthday. From the second we arrived, with Cesar's wonderful smile greeting us in, it was amazing. The wait staff was exceptional, always serving with a smile. Making sure you had a towel, water and a drink in your hand. The property was outstanding and breathtaking. 15 minutes either way and you were in either Cabo San Lucas or San Jose. Both were great places to visit and it was so nice to come back to the Zoetry after. I would like to thank all the staff emensely, especially, Nora, Hector, Eduardo, Manuel and a heartfelt thanks to Alberto who made us feel like one of his family. Can't wait to come back

Room Tip: Oceanfront Junior Suite close to everything