All reviewsour honeymooninfinity hot tubocean frontmain restaurantminute massagepool barmaster suiterelaxing vacationoceanfront roomfood and drinksmain poolguacamolecrashing wavesbottled waterrented a cartime shareturn down service
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I spent a week here in June 2012 to celebrate our 15yr wedding anniversary. Loved it!! Beautiful surroundings, it was quiet and not crowded at all. If I remember correctly there are only about 44 rooms there so that helps keep it peaceful.This is the perfect place for someone who is "watching" what they are eating because the menu was full of fresh fruit, veggies, fish and even fresh fruit juices in the morning. I was able to work out while I was there, the gym wasn't large but is was just right to get some cardio in and strength training. After your workout there was a picture of special tea provided for you. Check in was easy and all of the bartendars and waiters made it a point to get to know your names. The rooms were nice and spacious. I like the fact that we were allowed to go next door to the Dreams Resort if we felt the need for more of a party scene, but it was so relaxing at Zoetry we didn't feel a need to do that! The only excursion we booked there was the Lands End Tour-after the tour we were given plenty of time to shop and see sights, so it was money well spent. There were only about 5 kids there under the age of 10 who were well behaved, but if you have teenagers this probaly wouldn't be the place for them. I could go on and on but I will stop here. So if you are looking for peace, quiet, a awesome staff and good food and drinks(try the mango margrita!) this is your place!

Room Tip: First floor room was cool because we were able to walk right out to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BinkTam
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Zoetry August 2-7, 2012. I have never posted a review but felt the need too. I can't express what an amazing resort this is. Everything is 5 star. We travel 3 times a year throughout the Caribbean and Mexico and we have also lived in Mexico. We live in Florida and have also worked in the hospitality industry, on boats teaching Scuba Diving. You will never experience the level of service and quality of food at another resort. The Staff is what makes the place. Tomas, Hector, Alberto, G, Jaime, Julianna just to name a few of many. We were always greeted by name and most everyone took the time out to talk to us. The food is of an exceptional quality, everything freshly prepared. Top quality drinks including a superb Malbec. One evening the Chef prepared a speciality platter for us and some new friends we met. Each day at the pool we were immediately brought a bottle of water without asking. The grounds and rooms are immaculate. I can't thank the staff enough for making this our best vacation in years. My husband could not make it to dinner one night, maybe too much Pacifico and I felt totally at ease dining solo thanks to the atomosphere. Spa is outstanding, Karen and Gloria are fabulous Massus's. Just a suggestion for fellow travellers, even though this is an all inclusive it is important, I feel to leave gratuities for the staff, it is very much appreciated. We will definately return to Zoetry! Gracias Por Todo.

Room Tip: 2403 is in the newer block, very quite and has it's own pool for the complex. Slight obstructed view of ocean due to a palm tree. A bit of walk to the main buliding but golf cart pickup is available. Main rooms in the hotel are a bit older from what we heard but very good location and still lovely.
5  Thank bear3412
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I just spent 6 days at Zoetry for our honeymoon and we could not be happier with this hotel. The setting is beautiful, the food terrific, the ambience relaxing, the pools and jacuzzis always the perfect temperature ... but most importantly, the service was phenomenal. Upon arrival/check-in, we were greeted by a staff member who put cold-wraps infused with eucalyptus on our necks (it was 90+ degrees) and handed us delicious homemade herbal iced tea. We always felt as if we were going to eat with friends when it was time to go out for a meal because the staff was just that friendly. Modesto, the manager of Tapanco (one of the restaurant options at the hotel), was especially a great host. One night, he offered to make us a special Mexican meal that was not on the menu (enchiladas and churros for dessert - delicious!). The fact that I can also specifically recall the names of Jaime, Tomas, Jesus, Gaudencio, Erik, Zacarias, and Karim is a testament to the world-class service from top to bottom at this hotel. They treated us like family and have certainly won our loyalty when we return to Cabo in the future.

5  Thank victornegrete
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just returned from Zoetry, WOW is all I can say.... this is not your typical all inclusive resort! We stayed 7 nights for our Honeymoon 8/5-8/12. I am going to break our experiences down into a few categories:

Hotel/ Room: Accommodations are exceptional- we stayed in room 2105 (located in a newer building of the hotel)- we reserved a Master Suite, but when we arrived we were upgraded to a Master Luxury Suite complete with an infinity jacuzzi on our patio! The newer building recently opened a few months ago and everything was brand new. Our room had a jacuzzi bath tub, large shower, separate toilet area, large closet, living room area, small mini bar with microwave and coffee maker, Samsung Flat Screen, DVD Player, safe, blow dryer, lots of storage and a very comfy king size bed. Oh and I forgot to mention it also had a whole wall of sliding pocket glass doors that opened completely so you can enjoy the ocean air! The AC also worked great- we had it set at 65 (husband likes it cold) and it was 65 all the time in our room! The only downfall to staying in the newer building is that you have to walk to the main hotel which was about a 5 min walk. It was hot while we were there so we called the front desk and had them send a golf cart to pick us up and drop us off whenever we wanted so it wasn't a problem. There are 2 walking paths from this side of the hotel- one that goes straight to the front of the hotel and another one that leads to the pools. There is also a pool in front of this building but no bar or food service so we didn't use it.

Pools
Pools are fantastic! There are 2 main pools- one infinity pool on top level the and the lower beach pool, both have swim up bars and food service all day. The lower pool is adults only and stays open well after sunset. We spent most of our time at the lower pool because it was quieter and we liked watching the waves. Plenty of chairs, umbrellas and towels at both pools!

AMAZING! You can pretty much get anything and everything you ever wanted at anytime. We ordered room service when we arrived and it was delivered hot and ready in 15-20 minutes. The only thing we wanted that was extra was Lobster, but that was understandable. They use fresh ingredients, and it is all prepared for you on demand. NO BUFFETS!!!! The Chef made us a special dinner that we requested (Chicken Mole) and it was fantastic! All you have to do is ask :-) The fresh organic juices in the morning are incredible! Gourmet salads, soups, desserts, and main entrees! Liquor is top shelf, beer choices are Corona or Pacifico- occasionally we asked for Negra Modelo and they provided it for us at no extra charge. I'm a little bit of a wine snob, so I was concerned about the wine at an all inclusive- they offer 2 white wines and 2 red wines- all were fantastic, my favorite was their Italian White wine and their Malbec. They also offer wine for purchase, but their house wines were so good we didn't need to purchase any bottles!

Spa was amazing, we both had 70 minute massages- we purchased 50 minute massages and they added the free 20 minute massage. We also used our hotel credits here and saved an extra 40.00 each! The jacuzzi in the Spa is so relaxing- the facilities are small but well kept.

Service is outstanding- when you say "Thank you" they respond with " It's my pleasure"- LOVE this! The staff is very happy and you can tell they enjoy their jobs. Mostly everyone speaks English so communicating is not a problem. The only time we came across non English speaking employees was with the housekeeping staff.

24 hour Laundry Service- I will never stay at a hotel on a long vacation unless it offers this service from now on!~ Came home with a suitcase full of clean clothes!!!! Other couples at the resort were also raving about this amenity! All included! My husband commented, if only it were this easy at home! You simply mark down the items you want washed, place them in the laundry basket and call the front desk to come get them- you will get returned beautifully pressed pants/ dresses, and perfectly folded t shirts all wrapped up like a present!

The resort also smells great- I commented several times to my husband "How do they get it to smell so good here?" He thought that they might put perfume or scented oil in the fountains???

We went to Dreams one night for dinner- we ate at the Oceana restaurant and left in the middle of dinner (the food was terrible). We walked 10 minutes back to Zoetry and ordered dinner on the beach. The Dreams does NOT compare at all, seriously don't waste your time- just stay at Zoetry.

We only saw a few kids the entire time we were there (from Condos) but they were well behaved and never bothered us.

We will absolutely return to the Zoetry, the service, food and atmosphere do not compare! If you are looking to relax and read a book on a pristine beach or enjoy a quiet day doing whatever you like- GO to Zoetry. If you are looking for a party atmosphere go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer building! Ask for a free upgrade, Ask for anything you want- they will get it for you! Tipping goes a long way!!!! Perfect for a Honeymoon
8  Thank ByrdTN
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week at Casa del Mar with close friends of ours. We had a great week... the room was very nice with a great walk-in shower, nice closets, comfortable bed, fridge that is restocked every day, balcony, etc. We highly recommend asking to have your laundry done. It is brought back to your room either folder in tissue paper or on hangers in plastic. So worth it to come home with clean clothes!

Overall, the food was very good but I did grow a bit tired of the menus after 7 days. We had a few dinners that were just ok, but breakfast and lunch were always fabulous. We ordered room service every morning and were never disappointed. Ask for french toast, which is not on the menu. Awesome. We did have lunch and dinner during our stay at Dreams, which is next door... do not go. I was sick for day. The food was terrible. Our last night in Cabo we had dinner at Secrets, which we weren't aware was included until we talked to some other guests. The food at Secrets was fabulous and was the best dinner we had all week. Definitely recommend it! The menu is large and you can order as much as you like for dinner... we tried about 7 items between the 4 of us and they were all wonderful. The only complaint I think we had all week was the dinner was not as great as lunch or breakfast. We actually had better luck with dinner when we ordered specifically what we wanted rather than what was on the menu. They will accomodate. The drinks were also good but they do only have Corona or Pacifico.. no lite beers, which was interesting for a health conscious resort. The house wine was also very good but do ask for ice if you like it really cold. They will bring it to you in a bucket at your table.

The hotel itself is in a beautiful setting. You do feel very secluded, and the pool near the ocean is great. The servers take excellent care of you. The flowers were some of the prettiest we had seen, and we aren't usually too worried about landscaping. Georgous.

Take advantage of the 20 minute complimentary massage. My husband and I were both sore afterwards! They will also likely give you spa certificates at check in, which seems very nice but you are only able to use one spa certificate per $100 service of a massage or wrap. There are more certificates than you would likely use in a week. The spa is also usually very busy so we called Dreams and they accepted our vouchers. Great massage there.

As I said, we had a great week. Would we stay again? Probably assuming we got the same great deal, but we also enjoy Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple