Casa Natalia is exactly what it advertises itself to be: a serene, boutique property near the central plaza of San Jose del Cabo. First and foremost, every member of the staff of the hotel was both friendly and helpful in every way possible. They truly make sure that your experience there is just perfect.
The property itself is compact but really beautiful. Our room was quite spacious and well designed. We especially liked the wall above our bed that had a square of four small windows with wooden doors. These windows had a simple, concrete latticework outside that let in the light in a very pleasant way while blocking out the street outside. All of Casa Natalia is designed this way, to create an oasis in the center of the town. The bathroom/closet area feels open and spacious and has an open shower well. The outside patio area attached to the room had a table and chairs and a hammock.
The small pool area enclosed on one side by a very high screening wall painted in a beautiful blue color has fan palms and a water channel high above sending a cascade of falling water into the pool. This area offered us a cool and calm spot to relax on hot afternoons. Just above the pool area interspersed among more fan palms is the seating for Mi Cocina, the hotel's restaurant, and by far the best restaurant in the area.
Casa Natalia has a deal with the beach club near the marina, across from Hotel El Ganzo. This beach near the port of San Jose (a very, very small and shabby port area except for El Ganzo) is really the only swimmable beach in the area. The currents and the waves in this part of the Sea of Cortes are just too strong in the vast majority of places for pleasant and safe swimming. We visited some of the other swimmable beaches down the highway towards San Lucas such as the absolutely worth-a-visit Chileno beach, which has palapas (massive and permanent palm-frond umbrellas) set up for the public and restrooms. But even the roped off area in the water at Chileno Beach has undertows that can be dangerous for inexperienced swimmers. The beach club, in contrast, has breakwaters on two sides with another further out to sea making its waters much calmer than any other beach in the area, though by no means placid.
Now the beach club is full service and has a beachy outdoor shaded bar/restaurant area, palapas, towels, lounge chairs, and bathrooms. To arrive at the beach club you will have to have give advanced notice to the staff of the hotel to contact the taxi service that provides a discounted shuttle service to El Ganzo Hotel at 10:30 am. A panga (pontoon boat) will then bring you across the small harbor entrance to the beach club. The Casa Natalia shuttle service picks you up at 4 pm. That may sound like a lot of time, but, in truth, it is not enough time at such a pleasant place. To use the beach club Casa Natalia guests must spend a minimum of 375 pesos (~$30) per person. This is easy enough; the food and drinks are not inexpensive. The food is tremendously tasty, and the experience is absolutely worth it. (We went a couple of times.)
There are really no disadvantages to staying at Casa Natalia. The place is lovely in every way, making it a perfect spot to relax and a great place from which to explore the town of San Jose del Cabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Natalia is an intimate 18 room European-style boutique hotel located in the historic village of San Jose del Cabo in Baja California Sur since 1999. Nestled in the art district of San Jose del Cabo, Casa Natalia is right in the midst of Spanish Colonial buildings, quaint shops, romantic restaurants and a lush nature preserve estuary. The grounds are an oasis of 39 full-grown palm trees and tropical bougainvilles. The outdoor palapa lounge indulges guests with views of the hotel's cascading waterfalls, heated swimming pool and open flame braziers. Here, you can meet the owners and staff of this gem of leisure, luxury and romance. We are proud of our working family, and enthusiastic to meet with you at our 'Casa'. Casa Natalia is renowned for its personalized service and attention to details, as well as for its innovative cuisine served at Mi Cocina Restaurant and Baja Oyster Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Natalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Natalia Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Natalia Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo