Casa Natalia has undeniable charm. My superior suite was delightful, with private terrace, spacious bedroom/living room area, and a large, well-appointed bathroom. The staff was warm and friendly, the grounds and pool area were gorgeous, and the service was pleasant.
I had asked for a quiet room, and thus was in the furthest building from reception and the bar/restaurant. I was grateful for the distance when the Friday night rooftop party generated considerable noise. While hotel guests were given freebie passes to the party, I would have preferred a quiet evening and restaurant service - it was closed in order to cater the event, which was a marketing ploy to show off a new, high-end suite. I felt like this compromised the hotel's service to paying guests, and was less than happy about it -- especially given the price point for this hotel.
Lighting in the bathroom, as noted by another reviewer, is weak, but as I was only staying for one night, it wasn't a big issue. More disappointing was the tepid water temperature in the shower. The weather was actually on the cool side at the time, so lack of truly hot water was annoying. Unfortunately, by the time I discovered the problem, it was late evening, so I didn't report it until checkout.
Wifi was included, and reliable. There was good storage space, and an in-room safe. I particularly loved my private terrace (hammock included!), and having a wonderful breakfast delivered there was a fantastic way to start the day. The service was prompt and the food was excellent.
Little touches like a cooler of ice (neatly tucked into a wicker basket) near each room, a "real" hair dryer, a magnifying mirror, bathrobes that were comfortably sized instead of gigantic, extra glassware, lots of windows for great cross-ventilation, and a disguised a/c unit (not needed given the prevailing temps), were appreciated. The location, right on the corner of the town square, is hard to beat, although road construction in the area presents some minor inconveniences at the moment.
All in all, Casa Natalia is a lovely property that could be perfect with a few tweaks. I'd stay again, but I'd check the water temp before shower time and I'd ask if there were any public events planned during my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Natalia is an intimate 18 room European-style boutique hotel located in the historic village of San Jose del Cabo in Baja California Sur since 1999. Nestled in the art district of San Jose del Cabo, Casa Natalia is right in the midst of Spanish Colonial buildings, quaint shops, romantic restaurants and a lush nature preserve estuary. The grounds are an oasis of 39 full-grown palm trees and tropical bougainvilles. The outdoor palapa lounge indulges guests with views of the hotel's cascading waterfalls, heated swimming pool and open flame braziers. Here, you can meet the owners and staff of this gem of leisure, luxury and romance. We are proud of our working family, and enthusiastic to meet with you at our 'Casa'. Casa Natalia is renowned for its personalized service and attention to details, as well as for its innovative cuisine served at Mi Cocina Restaurant and Baja Oyster Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Natalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Natalia Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Natalia Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo