4,045 results
All reviews activities pool napa restaurant adult pool lanai room family pool san jose los cabos the cantina bird sanctuary el patio snack bar fish tacos bike tour third floor ala cart mexican fiesta night tennis courts
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved the hotel. Super tacos on the beach and shrimp cocktail.
The buffet is nice, varied dishes. The staff is friendly, the pool bar is nice, the bartenders are friendly.
I liked the activity near the pool! Thank you for water aerobics!
Recommend!

Date of stay: February 2019
2  Thank EvgeniaYG
RaulCaudilloS, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear EvgeniaYG,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your stay in Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos, these always help us to provide the service that all of our guests deserve.
I will gladly share these comments with our restaurant and activities staff, I am sure you will be very grateful for such beautiful words.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at your home Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So the title kind of sums things up for us. This is a nice place to stay in a great location. The facility is nicely laid out, and the desert landscaping is attractive and well maintained. You are right on the estuary, which is pleasant to walk around and observe the wildlife.

There are a lot of bars for a resort this size. They serve decent alcohol and the bartenders are on top of their game. Of course Alma is the famous bartender at the adult pool bar and she is nonpareil! Very pleasant and capable. We did not get a bad drink all week.

Food is a bit problematic. There are a few things that are very good, even exceptional. The fish tacos are as perfect as any I've ever had - delicious! I ate a lot of them. The hamburger is surprisingly good. We had BBQ ribs one night that were good. Other than that I can't think of too much that was great. Choices were limited, food needed seasoning, which was not on any of the tables. It was often cold. The carved roast on roast beef night was so rare that even I had a hard time with it, and we got an end cut. They were generous with bacon, but it did not have a good flavor. Lots of specifics, but let's just say the food was at the low end of the food chain for us.

Our room was good in general. It was on the lower level with a perfect location. It was a good size and the beds were outstanding. However, the first night our young neighbors got very drunk and yelled and puked from 10:00 PM onward. We finally called the front desk and they went to the room. After that, the yelling stopped, but we could still hear every word of every conversation. The next day they graciously changed us to another room. Our neighbors there were two elderly ladies who obviously enjoyed each other's company because they talked constantly until the early morning hours. The problem is simply very poor sound insulation in the rooms. We took sleeping pills and learned to live with it.

Because of the close proximity to town and numerous restaurants, we were able to eat a few meals off site. There are great restaurants within walking distance. It was fun exploring the town as well.

The price of this resort is very reasonable, so we felt we got our money's worth even with the shortcomings. If you are flexible and willing to eat some meals in town, it can work for you. We choose all inclusives because we like the convenience of having everything in our resort. For that reason we would probably not stay here again.

Room tip: I don't know if there are any quiet rooms. You would need to be in an isolated location with no immediate neighbors.
3  Thank Dugfir

Dear Dugfir,
Thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time to let us know your opinion about our Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos.
I really appreciate you were fair enough to mention every thing you enjoyed and liked, What can I say about Alma? Her job speaks for itself plus everyone here and in all of the social networks mention her name as one of their favorites and we are happy to know that.
I'm taking note of the points that did not make your stay as special as you expected and I will make sure to share them in our daily/weekly meetings in order to work on the improvement of them.
I'm sorry we may won't be able to welcome you back.
It would ahve been great if you give us a second chance.
Your feedback is highly appreciated, thank you again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I travelled here as part of a TUI last minute deal. Flew on the Dreamliner, transfer was straightforward. Check in was easy & there’s help around if you need your bags taking up to your room. Originally TUI had emailed me to say they could not offer me the room I had booked, after a phone call to them I was ‘upgraded’ to a double room, but it appears this happened to everyone. Anyway, the room was fantastic! Large bathroom, king size bed, a small lounge area and a big balcony that had views of the estuary and the sea. This hotel is no smoking, there are about 4 places you can smoke & this is very annoying if you are a smoker as they can be quiet some distance from your room. The pools all looked great, I never went in so can’t comment on the temperature. The hotel staff are fantastic, especially Paulina & Orlando who were serving at the beach bar. The food...The buffet for breakfast is fine, plenty of choice, an omelette station and a smoothie bar. I never ate lunch at the buffet, but dinner.. I went 3 times and I thought one time was no good, literally nothing I wanted or that seemed to look good- but that’s my personal opinion. It wasn’t hot either, just barely warm. There is another place to eat at the restaurant on the beach front. You can walk in for lunch, but have to book it for the evening. If you don’t book it first thing then you won’t get in - although it never looked overly busy when I was there- could be time of year. The food is ok, tacos, burgers, pizza, salads and a few other options for lunch. Dinner was a very limited menu and the portions are very. small. You can order steak and other stuff at extra cost. The hotels WiFi is good, worked really well in my room- not so good by the beach. It’s not far to get to town, you can use Uber there too. The hotels grounds are beautifully maintained and the daily entertainment was typical hotel but the staff seemed really enthusiastic!! The beach is lovely but you cannot swim in the sea - black warning flags are up and they never come down. Personally I wouldn’t go back, the lack of real decent food and only 2 places to eat in the hotel was too limited for me. I like to eat out a lot, but this holiday I just wanted to do as little as possible.

Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank melissa0577

Dear Melissa,
I have to say I was happy reading your review and I really appreciate you mentioned our staff as one of our highlights, I will personally let Paulina & Orlando know about this but unfortunately we are not a place where you would come back.
It was nice to have you, to read your respectful and descriptive review and feel how much you enjoyed the property even with some points we can work on the improvement according to your opinion.
We will take note of this and will keep doing our best in order to be a much better resort.
Thank you again for your feedback, we hope you really give us a second chance some time!I want to take advantage of your nice review to thank you firts for choosing our Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos as your destination for vacations.
I have to say I was happy reading your review and I really appreciate you mentioned our staff as one of our highlights, I will personally let Paulina & Orlando know about this but unfortunately we are not a place where you come back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Resort had everything needed. A bit less ritzy then some resorts but all good. Only one buffet and one a la carte restaurant. Between the two there was always something good to eat though. The dinner buffet had a different theme each night. Breakfast buffet was wonderful. Had to make reservation for a le carte at around 9am to get in if wanted. Fish tocas and cheese burgers great for lunch at the main restaurant. Pools and beach beautiful. My only complaint was weather was only hot 2 out of the 7 days we were there. i guess it is still winter there as well. Overall nice place to stay, If you like horses Pablo the nice Mexican man has his 3 horses on the beach in front of the resort most days for a reasonable priced beach and trail ride. This was super awesome!! I would stay here again. Saw whales in the distance from the beach.

1  Thank ruthf320

Hello Ruth!
Thank you for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Los Cabos.
We aim to please each guest during their visit, and I am glad that you found the food of our hotel to your standard.
I am also happy that you took a horse back ride at the beach, and saw whales, what a great experience!
It would have been a great stay if you had more sunny/warmer days.
We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you soon at our hotel.
Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spent the first week in January here. Very clean, quiet and well maintained property. Comfortable room and bed. Very friendly staff. Food in the buffet restaurant had a good variety - eggs made to order in the morning. Beach restaurant was al a carte - during the day first come, first serve - reservations needed in the evening. Has 3 pools - an activity pool, family pool and an adult only pool (quiet area) - each with its own bar. Nice long sandy beach - can't swim in the ocean because of the rip tides. Easy walk into town, with art galleries, restaurants etc.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ian T

Dear Ian,
I really appreciate you took some of your valuable time to let us know about your experience at our Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos.
I will make sure to share your kind words with our talented staff in order to thank and recognize them for such a great job.
Thank you very much for staying here and for your recommendations.
Your descriptive review will give a clear idea about what to expect to our future guests.
We hope you comeback soon!...