Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“"Cabo"”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Hey, when we arrived there were issues with our room, they had us on the ground floor literally on the main walk way. So needles to say i wasn't going to stay there... Went back to lobby and told the gal, she reluctantly gave me another room, but when we got there the key wouldn't work. I called the front desk and they sent a maintenance man. Turns out it was the lock and couldn't be fixed till the next day.. Which i knew meant a "Mexican minute", and likely wouldn't happen for 2 days! I finally called the manager and explained the issues and that i would like to please be accommodated! Jesus was his name, he was pleasant, as was i! About 45 mins later we were in and ocean view room on the 3rd floor, with everything working, except the phone but was fine to us as we wouldn't receive any of the annoying calls to attend a meeting for time shares! Lol!
There isn't much of a lobby, or any entertainment other than the sweet lady singing in the bar.
The main pools are full with kids and loud music, and daily entertainment! We spent most of our time at the adult pool, and bar! Alma is a very, nice, funny person , she makes great drinks too, we looked forward to seeing her every day!
Yes the ocean is rough, but if u judge the under toe, you can stand in and enjoy the beautiful warm waves! The beach is absolutely beautiful, we took our towels, water, and we chilled there daily!
Dont forget the water as it can be a lonnngg walk in the heat. loloo!
The food and the service were pretty good! Everyone very pleasant, and accommodating. The food was pretty tasty! On a few nights they had entertainment and an outside bbq dinner with really good food!
You can get tacos all day at the outside lunch area, as well as tocos, hamburgers, hotdogs, fries and nacho chips and cheese from the snack bar.
We stayed here from july 3 to july10. The weather was very hot! Many days averaging 104, and hotter! Loved the heat! It is their slow season, not sure if in the busy season if id like it there as much!
We met a lot of nice peeps from all over.. Shout out to austin Texas.. Mexico city.. Oklahoma.. BC...LA...san Fran.. Arizona!
All in all great last min trip, good price, good times!
we would definitely return for the right pice, and in july.
Lisa, TO, Canada.

Room Tip: I always choose top floor, our ac worked fine, beds weren't too bad.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa L
patricia032158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos, for your last trip.

Thank you for giving us your impressions and reviews of such a good experience.We strive to provide great service and comfort for our guest and appreciate when our guest are happy with their stays.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Patricia Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (832)
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This was our families first vacation out of the country and it was AMAZING! ! We were there for 10 days... The staff at the Holiday Inn is so courteous. The grounds are absolutely stunning. The food was fine, drinks were great. We Spent a lot of time at the pool And we met Some Of the activity staff that actually made this trip more memorable they were Karen, Carlos and Oscar. Because of Karen and Carlos's warm, caring hospitality we are already planning our next trip to the Holiday Inn because of them!! I hope the Holiday Inn realizes that they have many fabulous employees and this is what truly makes there business successful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Suzanne H
patricia032158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are very happy that you had a positive experience in our property during your last visit.

Thank you very much for your nice compliments to Karen, Carlos and Oscar, we will be sure to pass these along to them.

I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

California
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is our second 2-week stay in the past year so I have a pretty good overall take on this property.

Front Desk: see Raul, he will do anything he can for you. The people are awesome staff wise.

Rooms: avoid building 4 - a/c stinks. I went to the Mega and bought a small fan and it made my nights great. The Mega is a 25 minute walk or a $8 taxi for a party of 5. First floor rooms are nice to hang out in. I would never suggest a second floor room.

Food: eggs are bland as can be if you don't wait for the cook to make you an omelet. Sausage every so often. Hashbrowns once, but under cooked potatoes every day. Fish tacos great and I'm not a fish eater. Dinners rated 7+ most nights. Lunch at Caribeno......beer wise you have a choice between Tecate and Dos XX. There are no menus there, but you can order a quesadilla, tacos, and cheese burgers.

Grounds: older property with many multiple layer painted objects......looks tacky. Rusted out things in multiple areas. Ceramic tiles cracked all over and many replaced that don't 100% match. Shower had a small amount of mold......I sneezed a lot. Overall though it is good, just stuff a business should work on getting right at some point.

Suggestion: research Los Cabos Vouchers and the Los Cabos Passport. Great deals to be had. If you go here understanding what you paid it really is worth it. It is at the very end of the hotel strip. Walk to the Mega. The bus stop is across the main highway from the Mega (going to your left). Get off by Burger King if you are going to the marina. Be aware that there are 3 different "types" of busses. Make sure to get on the one that looks like it came from the states....not a school bus looking one hahahaha....this one is modern and has A/C.

I'm sure there is a lot I left out, but I'm trying not to repeat. I will end on saying how amazed I am that a small group of drunks can be so disruptive to the enjoyment of others and not care at all.

Room Tip: First floor #1, third #2, second last.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ExtremeTravel17
Thank you for giving your impressions and reviews of your experiences.

I will make sure to share this with our staff so that we can improve on these things.Comments like yours give us an invaluable opportunity to target our attention to those areas and/or individuals involved in order to provide a better service.

I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Covina, California
Reviewed July 7, 2014

rooms were clean a little outdated, food was not so great. the entire hotel is very clean. Nice pool good place for the budget. It is a little far from everything. Hotel should have a better activity schedule since the shopping centers are far. More entertainment and a better variety of food would be great feels like we ate the same things everyday.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cakes4life
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay in our resort. I would like to begin apologizing for not fulfilling your expectations around the activities and food offered. Comments like yours give us an invaluable opportunity to target our attention to those areas and/or individuals involved in order to provide a better service.

Thank you again for your comments, and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

I remain at your disposal for any further question.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I spent 6 days at the Holiday Inn Resort the 1st week of June 2014. The resort is older but well maintained. Our room was clean, the lobby and the restaurants were clean & the overall grounds of the resort were very nice. The entire staff was excellent. The ladies at the beach side restaurant were fantastic.We ate lunch there every day; fish taco's, chips & salsa & a cold beer next to the beach, not sure it gets any better. The beach was not crowded, we were always able to find an old blue chair and relax.The resort is a 20 minute walk to downtown San Jose del Cabo. We walked downtown several times and had no issues. I would definitely stay here again. We had a great time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Templeton, California
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My son graduated high school a few weeks ago and we had been planning his graduation present in the form of a Mexico vacation for quite a while, he brought a friend and I brought a friend, so there were 4 of us…when it came time to book our trip last month I originally picked this resort because of a familiar name that I could trust, Holiday Inn. As our trip got closer I read some reviews and some of them were not positive, so now I was concerned a bit. However, this place completely blew us away!!! We could not have asked for more….the grounds are immaculate and their attention to detail is seen in every area. The minute that all inclusive wristband was placed on us, we were off and running…never was there a line for drinks or food, we never wanted for anything…the rooms were great and they honored our request of 2 beds in each room (we had booked 2 rooms) and a third floor room….the resort is huge and such a variety of places to see and things to do, we really never wanted to leave the resort! The staff was AMAZING, courteous and helpful. We were leaving for the beach one day and had some Corona’s in plastic bags…the bellboy brought us an ice chest full of ice for us to use for the day to keep our beers cold, now that’s going above and beyond in my book! Our wait staff was the BEST….Gonzo (Gonzalo), Marcus and the rest are at your beckon call. The bartenders are attentive….Eli and Jonathan were the BEST! Love the activities at the pool…Our package did state that all gratuities were included in our cost, however I had read on here that if you do offer an additional tip, you will be treated like royalty, and that we were!!! We brought tons of 1’s and 5’s just for the purpose of tipping…these peeps work hard for their money and deserve to be recognized…we were so sad to leave, but will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank sunbeachmom
patricia032158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We thank you so much for your kind words about our property.

We will make sure we pass your compliments to Marco, Gonzalo, Eli & Jonathan.

We cannot thank you enough for choosing out Hotel Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos and we hope t see you again in the near future.

SIncerely,
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My friend picked this place. Just the name "Holiday Inn" made me nervous when she told me where we were staying. To me, Holiday Inn means average, pretty good, but nothing special as far as staying at a hotel. But, she was planning the trip, so this is where we stayed. Apparently she got some kind of a deal on this.

First of all, the staff is great. They really tried hard to please. No qualms there at all.

Worst part by far was the food. Not the quality, variety, quantity, etc. that I would expect at an all-inclusive resort. (I guess if you are comparing it to a cruise, for example.)

The pools were good, and the beach was very nice.

Just a word for those going to Cabo for the first time -- this resort is in San Jose del Cabo, not in the actual city of Cabo San Lucas. It's about 30 minutes away. This is also the last resort in "resort row" along the beach, so you will drive the furthest to get to it. That's not necessarily good or bad, just something to be aware of. You will want to rent a car, most likely, since you'll be driving if you want to go over to the town of Cabo. (A taxi ride would be super, super expensive.)

Room Tip: Lots of kids/families stay here -- probably because it's a cheaper resort. It's very echo-y...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marie J
Thank you very much for taking the time to write.

One of our top priorities is guest satisfaction and we are dissapointed to hear that we felt short on your expectactions. I will make sure to share your comments about the food with our cheff so that we can improve .

Thank you again for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
#41 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive? Share your experiences!