Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Royal Solaris Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$202
$167
  • Pool
Paradisus Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$755
$645
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$269
$256
  • Pool
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$181
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$549
$462
Bookit.com
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Pool
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$409
$343
  • Breakfast included
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$620
$558
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$670
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$455
$337
3,586 results
All reviewsactivities pooladult poolfamily poollanai roomsan joselos cabosthe cantinael patiobird sanctuarysnack bara la carte restaurantnachosthird floorbike tourmexican fiesta nightala carttennis courts
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My aunt, mother, and I stayed at the Holiday Inn, San Jose del Cabo, in January 2014 to early February 2014. We were pleased with our oceanview room which was in the 7th building, 3rd floor. We felt secure enough to keep our balcony door open most of the time to enjoy the fresh air (never had to use our AC as it cooled off nicely at night). We found the bathroom a bit tight for three woman but managed. More hooks, places to hang things, would've helped.

We found the food at the Napa and the Terrazzo to be our favourite. There was something for everyone, meat eaters to vegetarians, and lots of healthy options. The freshly squeezed juice in the morning was delicious. The outdoor buffet where the evening entertainment takes place had pretty good food too. The Taco bar and the the greasy spoon, outdoor restaurant near the beach, didn't have many healthy options so we didn't eat there more than once. But I'm sure some like that sort of thing so its good to have something to please everyone. I would've liked to have seen a healthy option at the outdoor restaurant near the beach. The service in the eating facilities sometimes lacked. It took a while to get drinks more often than not. There were a few servers who were on the ball though in the 9 days we were there. My mom celebrated her birthday there and an excellent server named Gonzalo made her feel special with a birthday song and cake with a candle.

The location of the resort was excellent. It was quiet at night and felt safe. The estuary is right beside the resort which was great to walk on and check out the birds, and sometimes cows and horses;) You can also walk to the marina from there which is very nice. There's a lovely restaurant there and a swimmable beach, although swimming near a marina isn't usually very clean. The dolphin facility is there too. You can watch from the walking trail as tourists play in the water with them.

San Jose del Cabo's town centre is not far from the resort, maybe a 15 minute walk or 10 for those who walk quickly. Its a very sweet place. We did the Art Walk and enjoyed it.

We did a couple of tours with Baja Outback and enjoyed them; the 3 beach kayaking trip and the Cabo San Lucas City Highlights tour.

The cleanliness of the resort was excellent and most of the staff were very friendly.

The Mega store is walking distance if you need to get any extras.

There could be more help with baggage when arriving and departing the resort as there are a lot of stairs to deal with. Other than that everything was perfect.

We would stay here again:)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank MichelleRenee
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I vacationed at Holiday Inn, Los Cabos the week of Feb 1 - Feb 7 for a getaway with friends and we could not have asked for a better week! The resort is absolutely beautiful, our hotel room was clean and comfortable, the staff was extremely welcoming and helpful and the food at the 3 restaurants was terrific. The beach is large and not overcrowded at all. This resort has 3 large pools, one that is kid/family friendly, a quieter pool for adults only and a very lively pool that has music and activities. It was an excellent getaway and we will definitely be returning! The restaurants close at 10pm and the only recommendation I would give would be to have a snack bar available later into the night, if not 24/7 for late arrivals. Excellent vacation, excellent stay!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Palnud04
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We've stayed at a couple other hotels in San Jose del Cabo (Royal Solaris & Posada Real) and this was one has been the worst. Their are many things that we found that the Holiday Inn could improve/change. When booking the hotel through the travel agent (WestJet Vacations), we paid for ocean front rooms. Upon arriving at the hotel to get our room, the guy at the front desk was quick to tell us that there were no more ocean front rooms, but there was one ocean front room with a balcony (which is apparently different then ocean front) left and if we wanted that we would have to pay extra. We told him to check again and he again told us that's all there was. We asked to speak to his manager and he gave us the run around that he wasn't in. We told the WestJet representative at the hotel what was going on and he went up to the front desk with us to tell them that we're not paying extra because they gave our room away. The guy at the front desk repeated the same thing he told us (which is there's nothing they can do). We told him that we were going to phone WestJet to have them sort it out (which he tried to tell us not to do). After phoning WestJet, they seemed to have this same kind of dealings with Holiday Inn and quickly contacted the hotel manager (Rahul), which was there. The story all of a sudden changed from "you have to pay extra for ocean front" to "we have an ocean front room for you". I also contacted Holiday Inn directly about this issue and they also contacted Rahul. Usually at these resorts, we find the buffet food is terrible but if there's a la carte restaurants, those are better. The a la carte restaurants at this hotel were no better. They have a first come, first serve policy for the a la carte restaurants which I can understand why with how hard it is to book at the a la carte restaurants at other hotels. I would give the entertainment crew an A for effort, but not the MC (she would tell everyone to shut up if they were talking and call some people "alcoholic"). As with other resorts, they need better safety precautions. Some steps are badly marked and some steps have a strip of rock at the bottom (which my mom slipped on and nearly broke her knee that was just fixed). One thing I liked about this resort, was their wasn't as nearly as many hawkers on the beach as other resorts and they also seemed to stay about 20m away from the back of the hotel all the time. It was also closer to downtown San Jose del Cabo so we could walk there. We thought that by paying more for this resort it would be better than the others, but we thought wrong.

TL;DR Tried to screw us over with the room. Food is terrible. Needs better safety precautions (as with other resorts). Minimal hawkers on the beach so you could relax on the beach peacefully.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms (with a balcony) on the third floor are very small. The second floor rooms don't have any balconies, just windows. The rooms on the bottom floor all seem to have a large seating area with a hammock (just make sure the backdoor is locked when your gone). The bottom rooms also look the exact same, so don't make the same mistake I made by going knocking on the wrong backdoor and have some old lady freak out, and come out looking to beat you up with her cane.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ub3rst4r
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear ub3rst4r,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I vacationed the week of January 18-26. It was our second visit to the resort having been in January 2010 when it was called the Intercontinental. We were very pleased to find it was as beautiful as we had remembered! The location is fabulous, only 30 minutes from the airport and right beside the scenic estuary. An easy walk into San Jose, which is a beautiful town that just exudes character, with lots of shops and restaurants to explore. I really enjoyed the 1.5 hour bike ride through the estuary, town and marina lead by staff member Felix. He ensured our safety and even brought along bottles of water for us. We elected this year to take a day trip into Los Cabos. We took the shuttle offered through the resort for $14.00 US each return which picked us up at 10:00am at the front door and returned for us in Cabo at 4:00pm. We walked the town, beach and marina and while enjoyed the day, found it very commercial and busy. We were happy to return to the resort. Others we met took advantage of the whale watching cruises and fishing expeditions.
Breakfast was awesome-every day we were offered at least 6 types of fruit and plenty of it. Eggs prepared any way you request, bacon, hash browns, cereal, toast and pastries. We loved the addition of the taco grill at lunch. Three choices of meat with yummy toppings and always salsa and guacamole. The grill also had fish tacos, fries, burgers and hotdogs. Or, the buffet was open as well with salad options, fabulous soups and pastas. And the homemade bread was plentiful and yummy. Dinner was generally outdoors (so bring a sweater or jacket) and we always enjoyed our meals particularly the fish.
As we found 4 years ago, the staff is the secret ingredient to this resort. We were so pleased to see several of the same employees were still here (especially the incredible Alma at the adult pool bar. What a gem!!) But the new staffers we encountered were very pleasant and capable as well. Remember, you are guests in their country and some respect, a smile and a thank you goes a very long way. You are on vacation....what's the rush?
The resort itself is a 3 storey sprawling building. The landscaping is very pleasing including the interior gardens. I would not describe it as grand or majestic but to us, that is part of the charm. Sure, it is a little frayed around the edges in some ways, but who cares when the weather is the reason for us to be there.
Please don't hesitate to give the Holiday Inn a chance. I'm confident you will not regret your decision.

Room Tip: I would recommend any of the rooms in building 1 as it is close to the adult pool where we spent most days. We could use our room bathroom and most have estuary views and/or ocean views. The evening buffets were just around the corner, so we could enjoy the music from our balcony and the entertainment wound up by 10pm. Never had an issue with noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank linda w
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I hadn't had a vacation in over 2 years and I wanted to get away for a few days without having to travel too far. I emailed the hotel a few days before my arrival to ask about a few things. One of the managers, Raul was very responsive and helpful in answering my questions, and once I got there I found him and introduced myself and said thank you. I was there Feb 9th - 14th.

As a single woman in my 40s, this was probably not the best place to go to meet people, but that is not under the control of the hotel. A lot of 50s-70s aged-folks and a huge destination for Canadians and Mexicans. Big groups of adult families/friends on vacation together and some younger families with small children, but as the hotel is very large, the kids did not bother me.

If you want a hotel on the beach, is must be noted that it is a very long walk to the beach and no chairs there. As with most places in Cabo, they tell you not to swim due to strong currents. See photos.

The food was nothing special, but again, you get what you pay for. They did have fresh salad ingredients at lunch and dinner, which has been an issue at other hotels in Mexico. The omelets were good at breakfast. Between all the restaurants they had pretty much all day covered if you wanted something to eat. There were couple of times they took their time in replacing food that ran out.

The grounds are maintained well (except I did see ants/ant holes on the grounds in some areas, they did not bother me) and they even wash and dry the deck chairs by the pool every morning before people come out. I thought it funny that one man was watering the same small patch of grass for about an hour and a half with a hose. The service was good and friendly. I had a problem with my shower not draining and they sent someone up right away. The only thing I didn't like was the maids yelling to each other all day outside my room. Not that I was in my room all day, but it was annoying when I was there.

Internet worked in my room most of the time, but I could not send a photo attachment from my phone via text/wifi, and often could not get wifi service on the rest of the grounds. Not the end of the world :)

The weather was great. Wind came up once in a while, but I was never cold during the day. At night it was chilly, but nice.

I walked into town one day and window-shopped and bought a bracelet... about a 15 minute walk. I felt safe, which is a good thing for a woman traveling alone.

I used the gym one day. Lol I was a little lazy and on vacation. A couple of treadmills, a stair master, bike and universal weights, tvs. Totally acceptable if you're a die-hard and must get your workout in.

There are some extra charges but I did not incur any. Lobster/Steak at one of the restaurants, laundry, a few other things.

I found the entertainment at night extremely loud. It's like the speakers were set up for a stadium instead of a small area. It was only about 3 times during the week, and stopped between 10-11.

The grounds can be confusing. I got lost several times in the W shaped hotel, so I usually went outside to figure out where I was.

Would I stay there again? No, but I am someone who likes to try new places. To be fair, it was good for the price I paid.

Room Tip: I liked my 3rd floor with balcony ocean view closer to the adult pool, which was the quietest area at night except for the entertainment, but not sure any room could escape that noise. 2nd floor does not have one and there are some other areas that even the 3rd floor doesn't have one. Ground floors have patios and hammocks. A lot of people seemed to like that.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank LisaSLosAngeles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear LisaSLosAngeles,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We were glad to see that you did have an overall good experience at the hotel. We do appreciate your high scores for Cleanliness, Service, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D