My wife, myself and my two brothers and spouses visited this resort for one week beginning March 15th. We stayed in the adult wing (we are in late 60's, early 70's). The resort is at the very end of the hotel zone at San Jose del Cabo ( 20 minutes from the airport) and, about 25 miles from Cabo San Lucas.
The resort grounds are clean and well maintained. The rooms were clean and, while we had no problems with our room (we left notes in Spanish to make requests for items), my one brother had a hand towel shortage.
The food was reasonably good and there was plenty of it. The beef can be a little tough and, the chicken looked a little under-cooked. You must sign up for the a la cartes each day at 10:00 am the morning (get there early to avoid lineups). One drawback at "The Esplanade" (buffet and a la carte) is that you eat outside. We found that even in mid March, the evening temperature can be cool especially with the breeze. Take a heavier sweater or jacket. Look for a waiter named Ricardo, treat him well and, you will be treated well also.
The beach is huge, in fact, perhaps too large. It was over 200 yards from the adult pool to the water. There was no ocean swimming on any day we were there as the surf was quite high. The pilapas were all up close to the resort and, there were not too many of them.
During the day, there were three pool bars open and, one at the snack bar. There was no lobby bar or lounge bar open until 500 pm. While we enjoyed laying around the pool, we would have liked a spot to go and relax much like the resorts in Cuba or Dominican Republic (open sided but, under roof) where you could read a book, have a drink, meet with friends etc....
All in all, it was a decent vacation. I would have preferred that the whole resort was situated closer to the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between a white sand beach and the Sierra de San Lazaro Mountains, Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos is truly "at one" with the environment. At or near the resort, you'll golf, play tennis, swim and ride horses while younger guests explore the Chiqui Kids Club. To expand your fun in the sun, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo are minutes away. Two restaurants, one Buffet and one a la carte, room service, 6 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Cabos Hotel
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos Resort
- Intercontinental San Jose Del Cabo
- Los Cabos Presidente
- Presidente Cabo
- El Presidente Cabo
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive San Jose Del Cabo