We recently stayed 4 nights at the Holiday Inn Resort in San Jose del Cabo. Like other reviewers have said, the hotel grounds are well kept and on the cleaner side. The staff is friendly and everyone greets you as you walk by.
The food- while we were there they only had one restaurant open, the Napa. It's buffet style and was open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food was okay, nothing to rave about. From 11am-6pm the hotel opens the pool/beach grill that serves hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, nachos, french fries and a couple other things. We ate lunch almost every day at the pool/beach grill. The best thing there are the nachos and tacos.
The drinks- you can pretty much get whatever you want to drink from any of the restaurants on property. The alcoholic drinks are not too strong but they were okay. The wine selection is not great and if you want good wine be prepared to pay for it!
The room- we originally had a reservation for a garden view room, but we asked about an upgrade to an ocean view room and got it for $100 more ($25/night). The view from the room was good, though the room we stayed in didn't have a balcony and the windows didn't open more than a few inches so that was a disappointment. The room is spacious with a king bed, a sofa, and an area with a small table and chairs. The bathroom is decent size with a standup shower, toilet, and sink. I have back problems so I had a hard time sleeping on the HARD bed! The walls in between rooms are thin, you can pretty much hear everything going on in the next room so if you're a light sleeper like me make sure to bring ear plugs!
The location- the resort is right on the beach in San Jose del Cabo. Though the beach is not a swimming beach, if you walk about 100 yards towards the other resorts we saw a lot of people in the water (not sure if they're supposed to be there or not). The beach sand is pretty rocky and not too comfortable to walk on if you have sensitive feet. There weren't many beach vendors selling their products, though we did see a few. There are hammocks and beach lounger chairs provided by the resort to lay on. The actual resort is about 35 mins away from the action in Cabo San Lucas, which translates to about a $70USD round trip cab ride. The resort offers a shuttle to Cabo San Lucas, but it's only for a limited amount of time (I think if you leave at 10am they pick you up at 3pm) so you really can't do much because of the time constraints. We did take the shuttle one night into Cabo San Lucas for dinner. I think next time we go we will stay in Cabo San Lucas.
The pools- There were two pools open when we were there. We spent most of the time at the Activities pool with the pool bar. The resort's activities coordinator, Rosa, is great! She does everything from water aerobics to Mexican bingo. The pool bar bartenders were really nice. I even had a staff member cut down a coconut from the tree and gave it to me to eat fresh coconut! It's so yummy!
Overall it was a nice resort. We went to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of work, and we were able to do just that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between a white sand beach and the Sierra de San Lazaro Mountains, Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos is truly "at one" with the environment. At or near the resort, you'll golf, play tennis, swim and ride horses while younger guests explore the Chiqui Kids Club. To expand your fun in the sun, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo are minutes away. Two restaurants, one Buffet and one a la carte, room service, 6 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Cabos Hotel
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos Resort
- Intercontinental San Jose Del Cabo
- Los Cabos Presidente
- Presidente Cabo
- El Presidente Cabo
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive San Jose Del Cabo