Like my title suggests, this hotel is fine, as long as you know what to expect. The hotel staff is very friendly, and the food is what you would expect from an all-inclusive type hotel (just fine, not inedible). The only thing that put a damper on our stay was "The Club". These are the people who try to sell you their "vacation package" as soon as you check into the hotel. They will first stop you once you check into the hotel, and will tell you that they are going to tell you all about the different restaurants the hotel offers, and all the activities that are available to you. Once they give you somewhat false information about the hotel (the map and activities list they gave us were filled with inaccuracies), they will try to get you to agree to listen to their vacation package presentation (only "90 minutes"!) in exchange for free activities such as a dinner cruise or dolphin encounters. Unfortunately, my family and I were one of the groups that fell for this trap. At the time, listening to a 90 minute presentation in exchange for a free dinner cruise and huge discount on the dolphin encounter seemed like a good idea. The presentation consisted of someone joining us for breakfast, asking us a bunch of questions about how we vacation, then being taken to their offices for them to try to sell us their "vacation packages". After we told them we were not interested, we were taken to their activities person to book all of our "free" activities. Well, the dinner cruise they promised us ended up being a sunset cruise without dinner, and we were basically stranded at the marina for a couple of hours after our cruise, because the hotel shuttle was not going to pick us up until later in the night. After this disappointment, we decided to cancel the dolphin encounter that we had booked through them. We ended up having to negotiate with "The Club" people to cancel this, which ended up being a complete hassle.
The moral of the story is: JUST SAY NO TO THE CLUB PEOPLE. If someone comes up to you after you check in, just say no. If you want to do activities while you're there, just go up to the concierge and book it yourself. We ended up booking a City Tour with Gray Line and had a wonderful time. I just wish I could get back the time we wasted on dealing with the club people.
The actual hotel is nice, and the pools and the beach area are very pretty. There is no jacuzzi at the hotel, which was kind of a disappointment. The hotel staff were all very friendly, and our room was very clean. You can either opt for the buffet for dinner, or make a reservation at the Napa restaurant for your a la carte option (The Club people will tell you that you can make a reservation with them, and they will put you on the list. That's what we did, and they DID NOT put in our reservation. I'm not kidding, don't talk to anyone from The Club.) The a la carte food tasted better than the buffet, in my opinion. The drinks are fine, but I would stick with beer. Overall, the hotel is great, with some minor, avoidable obstacles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between a white sand beach and the Sierra de San Lazaro Mountains, Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos is truly "at one" with the environment. At or near the resort, you'll golf, play tennis, swim and ride horses while younger guests explore the Chiqui Kids Club. To expand your fun in the sun, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo are minutes away. Two restaurants, one Buffet and one a la carte, room service, 6 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Cabos Hotel
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos Resort
- Intercontinental San Jose Del Cabo
- Los Cabos Presidente
- Presidente Cabo
- El Presidente Cabo
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive San Jose Del Cabo