The hotel looks nice when viewing photos of various parts of the property on the Westin website. However, upon up close inspection, it appears that the hotel is a bit dated given the art deco feel of the hotel grounds. Yes, I dug the bright colors and multiple pools throughout the property but something just isn't right from a craftsmanship standpoint.
Aside from the exterior, the hotel interior is better. The room is decorated in typical Westin-fashion e.g. Heavenly bed, dual shower heads, and modern lighting. There is a bit of southwestern flare in some of the paintings that adorn the walls but nothing that will wow you upon your arrival.
The staff are extremely helpful and courteous. They went out of their way to ensure that my wife and I were comfortable. The drinks are a bit pricey so be surprised when the 2x1 Cabo Sunrise sets you back 155 pesos. Perhaps the other readers were right by recommending that you spend the extra money and go the all-inclusive route. I don't get the impression that this hotel is for young twenty-somethings. While this may be a plus for some, most of the guests were older or had children present so don't think you're going to stay at a happening spring breaker hotel.
From a food perspective, the La Playa restaurant had great food. The chicken nachos are a must try and are what I consider to be a great deal for the price (around 195 pesos)
All in all, if you are looking for a decent place to relax, whether beachfront or poolside, this hotel will suffice. However, don't expect a super modern hotel either. Oh yeah, internet access is $15 USD per day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a magical setting overlooking the Sea of Cortez, The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas and Spa is an empowering escape from the ordinary. Seemingly intuitive service indulges the senses, while an abundance of amenities and activities energize and refresh. Scenic adventures await golfers, beach-lovers, and explorers. Whether your passion is golf, nature, or just the indulgence of a luxurious spa-the resort empowers you to immerse yourself in endless possibilities. Designed to provide the warmth of the Mexican culture with soothing colors, ocean views, oversized showers, private sitting areas on the balcony and an indoor sitting area, the rooms at The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas and Spa are an oasis that rejuvenate and replenish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Westin Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Westin San Jose Del Cabo
- San Jose Del Cabo Westin
- Los Cabos Westin
- Club Regina Los Cabos
- The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa San Jose Del Cabo