Los Cabos is beautiful, the infinite blue of the Sea of Cortez is one most beautiful settings you can imagine. The setting for the Westin Resort & Spa is spectacular - and the architecture of the property is stunning. We came for the relaxation and Heavenly Bed - it's a quick getaway from San Francisco - and it was well worth the trip. Set your expectations - it's a large Westin property with good staff and nice rooms. The bed... well... if you've spent any time traveling, you know the Heavenly Bed can turn a bad trip into a good one :-)
Because the property is so large, it is a bit overwhelming and impersonal - but in the best way possible. Really the architecture is stunning. Be aware of how it is laid out - ALL of the rooms are in the large, 9-story rounded structure, and all have private balconies. There are three wings - one to the left and right, and one in the center. The center wing is called the Royal Beach Club. From what we can tell, at least one of the side wings is completely closed (it's off-season in November). There is an adjacent time-share property with smaller adobe-style low-rise buildings called Club Regina. If you are booking Westin you WILL NOT get a room in Club Regina. You will, however, likely receive an upgrade to the center section of the 9-story Royal Beach Club.
The view from the 8th floor is breathtaking. Every room has it's own balcony, marble floor, and open bathroom. The Sea of Cortez is like an infinite blue horizon and you can hear the waves from any room in the hotel. The beach is stunning - flanked by rocks with a strong tide in between - dip your feet in the warm water or venture past the wave break to soak in the beautiful water. We saw a school of grey whales blowing and splashing 400 yards off the shore - magical. The gym is well-kept, fresh-filtered water is always available, and we found the lunch menu to be the most tasty and reasonably priced. The ceviche is to die for, and the shrimp tacos with a side of guacamole and pico de gallo... well... why else did you come to mexico? Oh, yeah, the margaritas! Once you make it past the mixed lot they serve on arrival you can expect top-notch margaritas at all the restaurants :-)
The infiniti pools that front the property are brilliant - they're part of the architectural brilliance that makes this such an amazing property. A nice breakfast is included for platinum members - else the buffet is $25/pp. This is where the charm wears a little thin. I'm okay spending $100 for lunch each day for two for great shrimp tacos, teuila, and ceviche, but when you really can't get out of any of the hotel restaurants for less than $200 for two people you expect the food to be a little better. It's not BAD - it's just kind of mass-produced hotel food dressed up to look fancy. It's good, but it's NOT fresh-catch. And when FRESH-CATCH can be had for a $15 cab ride to Nik San or $30 to Mi Casa or $35 to El Farralon - you need to just bite the bullet, remember you're getting a great price on a beachfront front room with a Heavenly Bed, and GET OFF THE RESORT for some of the MOST AMAZING FRESH FISH and flavors you've had in your life. Mind you you'll still pay >$200 for two - but at least the food will be BRILLIANT.
On the whole - if you can get here for a long weekend or short week - AND YOU GET A GOOD DEAL (i.e. we used $$ and points) then this one is worth the trip. SLEEP like a baby, listen to the waves, see the whales, doze on the beach, awe over the natural beauty, and DON'T FEEL TRAPPED - some of the most amazing food and lively atmosphere is awaiting you 10-20 minutes away by cab.
Kudos to Westin for finding the balance. This property is beautiful and well run. It's also affordable provides a welcome jumping off point to experience the FOOD and culture of Los Cabos. Oh and those heavenly beds... really must get one for home... Good night... it's back to reality tomorrow :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a magical setting overlooking the Sea of Cortez, The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas and Spa is an empowering escape from the ordinary. Seemingly intuitive service indulges the senses, while an abundance of amenities and activities energize and refresh. Scenic adventures await golfers, beach-lovers, and explorers. Whether your passion is golf, nature, or just the indulgence of a luxurious spa-the resort empowers you to immerse yourself in endless possibilities. Designed to provide the warmth of the Mexican culture with soothing colors, ocean views, oversized showers, private sitting areas on the balcony and an indoor sitting area, the rooms at The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas and Spa are an oasis that rejuvenate and replenish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Westin Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Westin San Jose Del Cabo
- San Jose Del Cabo Westin
- Los Cabos Westin
- Club Regina Los Cabos
- The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa San Jose Del Cabo