My mom and I stayed here for 2 nights this Christmas. The location is to die for, right in the middle of downtown San Jose. The pool area is very cute, and the water is the perfect temperature.
Front desk staff is amazing. They are prompt and VERY helpful. The staff in the restaurant however is sub par.
The continental breakfast includes coffee, juice, a fruit plate and a basket of baked goods (good quality). One morning we asked to order 2 eggs (which is listed on their menu) as we had an oddly timed flight home, and wanted to have a good breakfast. It took forever for them to make and then didn't have a cashier to "figure out" how much it would cost, even though it is clearly listed on their menu. Had we not been in a rush to get to the airport, the process would have been a lot easier as they offered to put it on our room tab (which we had already paid)
Overall the hotel is amazing. Look elsewhere in town for more reasonably priced food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Tropicana Inn, our 42 Mexican style Tamaral rooms and Suites, are beautifully appointed with colonial touches of old Mexico. The fully airconditioned individually styled Tamaral rooms includes all the amenities you expect with irresistible pillow top mattresses, Luxury linens, direct dial phone, cable TV, frigde, coffee maker, hair dryer and bath accessories. All rooms have full or partial views of the pool, swim up palapa bar and our beautiful tropical grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Tropicana Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Tropicana San Jose Del Cabo
- Tropicana Inn Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo