“Extremely Dissappointed”

La Panga Antigua
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Contemporary Mexican cuisine with a passion for Seafood In the heart of downtown San Jose del Cabo, a charming courtyard set in the oldest Mansion over 170 years of rich history, “La panga antigua” may be tucked away out of sight, but it won’t be out of your mind once you’ve tried our delightful food and superb hospitality! Organically grown local produce, daily supplied fresh seafood and fine cuts prepared with a combination of herbs and spices that makes a-one-of-a-kind culinary experience with a Mexican flair!A perfect location for Private Events from 6 to 180 people...
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Went here because of all the positive reviews from Trip Advisor. One of the worst meals I've ever had anywhere. I don't eat spicy food and explained to our waiter I don't eat spicy. SO I ordered fried calamari and it was burnt and soggy tasting. I then ordered ahi tuna and asked them to make it raw in the middle. I also asked if the sauce was spicy and our waiter said just a little. Upon receiving my dinner I cut the tuna in half and couldn't believe it was cooked throughout the whole filet. I asked the waiter to please get me another piece but to make the center raw. After a few minutes this time it was so raw that it was still cold in the middle. To boot the sauce was very spicy. Had to send it back again but this time ordered salmon. It was o.k. FIrst time I ever had to send a meal back. This place was not for me. Had a great meal the next nite at Voila Bistro.

Reviewed April 28, 2010

The outside courtyard dining is truly beautiful and romantic. The food was fantastic! I had fresh swordfish that was out of this world. We enjoyed a great bottle of wine. The service was perfect. By far my favorite dining experience in Cabo.

Reviewed April 23, 2010

La Panga sits on a side street in San Jose del Cabo, it doesn't look like much from the outside but step insde for a wonderful meal in a gorgeous setting. The restruant is open air wth just the right amount of white lights strung around to provide a romantic glow. All the service was excellent, attentve but not over the top. The menu had a great variety of seafood wth unique spices and local flair. The prices are higher than some would expect in Mexico, but we had drinks, appetizers, and two entrees for under $100 wth gratuity. We would definitely return!

Reviewed April 6, 2010

Everything from the food, service, and ambiance was great..

Reviewed March 11, 2010

Great atmosphere in an old building in the center of "restaurant row" in San Jose del Cabo. Everything smooth and pleasant from the comfortable chairs, the great chandelier, the excellent service, and the eclectic menu the the terrific food. One of our favorites.