“Seafood by the sea.”

7 Seas Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
7 Seas Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Playa Acapulquito
Description: Our restaurant setting is in an open air palm made "palapa". Enjoy a relaxing ambiance made by scenic surf view, soft Latin jazz, sea breeze and the sound of the surf breaking on the beach. Our "7 Seas" project is a gastronomical endeavor in search of exciting fresh seafood dishes made of fish caught from according to Jacques Cousteau "one of the great aquariums in the world": the sea of Cortez. Dishes are inspired from Old and New world, Oriental and Mexican legacies. As a complement to our main menu, we offer Mexican dinner specialties. Wine is carefully selected and brought from wineries all over the "7 Seas" from California, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, France, Italy, Germany, Australia and New Zealand. Our bread, desserts and pastries are done in-house by our talented pastry chef.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had been told that there would be a jazz band playing at the restaurant. Well, it appeared that they only play there on nights with a full moon. So, we were a week late for that. Perhaps on our next trip!

As the thatched roof of the restaurant was being replaced, the tables was set prettily with candles and beautiful linens abound the pool. Very romantic - and the evening temperature was just right for the outdoor setting, although there was no full moon!

The food was so good that the jazz was not missed. I had a beautiful Caesar salad with shaved instead of grated Parmesan Cheese. The Chicken and Seafood we enjoyed were also superb as was the fine bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, of which our waiter was, however, not careful enough to refill our glasses when needed, so that I, myself, had to walk around the table a few times to get to the bottle in the wine cooler! Never mind, I probably needed the exercise after all the fine meals we enjoyed in Mexico, of which this was close to being one of them.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

After reading the glowing reviews, we reserved a table for dinner last night. The setting is quite nice - tables around the pool, candles, etc. That's where the good stuff ends. The servers, while all quite pleasant, were not terribly attentive. Our water glasses were filled at the beginning of the meal and were not recharged, even though they sat half empty for most of the evening.
The rolls were small, squishy and doughy. They looked like the Parker House rolls that are bought in the trays and reheated; tasted like it also.
The "fire Roasted Vegetables" could have seen a little more fire. The plate was nicely arranged and the vegetables were tasty but the characteristic charring and taste was missing. Perhaps the vegetables were baked but that's not fire roasting. My companion's ceviche was excellent. It was the highlight of the meal.
The fish of the day was sea bass served with a lightly spiced cream sauce and squash whose skin was charred beyond recognition. The fish was tasty and well prepared but nothing special, especially when our expectations of the dinner were so high. Skip the 7 Seas and sail on to another port.

1  Thank Jf233
cabosurfhot, Manager at 7 Seas Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

We are very sorry we didn't meet your expectations this time. We are paying full attention to your notes and will correct accordingly. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've lived here for a little bit and been here multiple times before that. I need to begin with saying that usually people in my age group will never be able to afford this place unless their with there parents or boss. THIS PLACE IS AMAZING. Even the bread at the beginning is the best. You can't beat the atmosphere. We ate about half a football field away from the OCEAN, 10 feet from the beach. The entire place is beautiful and has a wonderful atmosphere. The crab cakes were amazing and unlike any I've ever eaten. My entire party raved about how awesome the seafood they ordered was (and I'm sure it was) but I was surprised that I had actually eaten the best rack of ribs in my entire life. If you come to Cabo and don't eat here, it better be because you couldn't afford it, because you wasted money elsewhere.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Words cannot describe. The view is incredible. We ate here on Christmas day and all had tacos, amazing tacos. Our waiter Marco, such a nice guy, very friendly and welcoming. In fact we had him the second time we ate here too. The food is really good and its always fun watching the surfers. A place not to miss!

1  Thank Chrissy_Ben
Reviewed December 30, 2013

It is hard to find good service in Mexico but we found it here. The tuna was outstanding. My kids aren't big on fish and they liked it. The appetizers were great. Portions not big but satisfying. We didn't have reservations I recommend you do. But the staff was terrific in getting us a table. We would go back.

cabosurfhot, Manager at 7 Seas Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

You are very kind. I will share with ALL the staff. I can relate to the difficulty in finding good service. A key for us has been maintaining the staff since tenure pays with expertise. We have to keep our motivation as a team. Looking forward to see you again!