“Costa Azul - They make you look good”

Costa Azul Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf Lessons for everyone ... Fun and Easy. Professional surf lessons from Surf Instructors who have 25 years of surfing experience and who are CPR and First Aid certified and know how much fun it can be catching that first wave. Book Today Surf Right away!
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Still talking about it! Alex and Roy are super cool guys and amazing at making you not feel like an idiot around other surfers or fear the unknown (rocks on the bottom.)
Have them take you out you will ride more waves and spare yourself getting crushed trying to get out past the break.

There are newer reviews for Costa Azul Surf School

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Just got back from a trip to San Jose Del Cabo. My main objective this trip was to learn to surf. Alex, Roy and the ladies of Costa Azul made it happen with ease! The shop is top notch with great surf wear and beautiful Olea boards made by them. Their team was very informative and professional while still being laid back. The lessons by Alex and Roy were awesome! They made it safe and easy and provided us all with confidence. We all caught many waves and felt comfortable in the water. My wife, friends and I all had a great time! I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE COSTA AZUL SURF SHOP! By the way...we walked into the Cabo Surf Hotel shop and the guy there gave us little info, didn't seem to care we were there and was really lame - they certainly didn't deserve our business. You will learn to surf with ease with the gang at Costa Azul! i want to go back now!

Reviewed August 26, 2010

My husband, best friend and I all decided (at 33 years old) to cross off surfing from our bucket list. We signed up for lessons through Costa Azul and had an AWESOME time! We all got good instructions, help and a great setup for our friends to watch.

Thanks to Alex and Roy for making what seemed like a really hard thing to do - less intimidating! We all got up and surfed in a wave - and they were pretty decent size!!

Reviewed August 23, 2010

had some lessons at costa azul, as well as lessons in France and Australia. Well, they put you on the board and make you ride a wave..but thats it. Unfortunately average level of teaching surf in cabo is quite low, and this applies to the other surf schools as well. They dont teach about security in the water, about lining up, they do not teach about reading the sea, they dont teach advanced stuff. The nicest guy and more helpful guy we met was the mexican guy at the cerritos kiosk diablo something (not the american one). On the good side their rental rates are quite competitive.

1  Thank bau
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We had a blast with the folks at Costa Azul Surf Shop. Roy, Johnny, and the rest work hard to make sure you learn to surf the right way and that everyone gets to ride some waves. They had my 9 year old daughter on her feet within 20 minutes of when the lessons started. They are a fun group and really seem to enjoy what they do. We were out there while another group was receiving lessons from a different company, and none of them were having the success that Costa Azul was having with its patrons.

My 16 year old daughter got stung by a jellyfish near the end of the day. Roy had a kit and fixed her up right there on the spot with the detail of a surgeon. I cannot emphasize the lengths they go to in making sure you're learning to surf and having fun. At the end, my 40 year old arms were killing me... but it was all worth it.

Also, the ladies running the actual shop are great. They are very friendly and completely accomodating. I can't imagine using any place else for surf instruction in Cabo San Lucas.