“Amazing Experience! Six stars!”

Costa Azul Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf Lessons for everyone ... Fun and Easy. Professional surf lessons from Surf Instructors who have 25 years of surfing experience and who are CPR and First Aid certified and know how much fun it can be catching that first wave. Book Today Surf Right away!
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience! Six stars!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to Costa Azul Surf school this week after having a positive recommendation from Air Canada vacations.

We were a group of 9 celebrating our recent wedding and each one of us had a blast. From the pickup to drop off we were provided with great entertainment in a safe and comfortable learning atmosphere. None of us had any previous experience, but thanks to all of the guys we all left feeling like pros!

Lunch was cervesas and delicious fish tacos while watching the whales swim in he pacific.

The photos that Joe took are amazing. Come out and support these guys, you won't regret it!

Mike

Visited January 2013

boise
“Best Day Ever!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My 5 year old and 6 year old daughters just completed their first 2 hour surf lesson. Sergio, Jesus and Crazy Joe (photographer) were amazing! The 2 girls were up and surfing on the 1st try. Sergio and Jesus were fanastic with the girls and they girls loved them! The photos from the day were incrediable. Anyone who is coming to Cabo and wants surf lessons ( or needs to rent gear), Costa Azul is by far the best. Dont worry about the young kids, Sergio and Jesus kept a close eye on them and I never once had concerns for the girls' safety while surfing! We wish we had an ocean in Boise - hum, maybe a move is in sight?

Visited October 2012
2 Thank sarah j
Friendswood, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wabo the Waves in Cabo!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Not to be missed--a great experience and I will be back. I am a kook used to conquering the huge, brown waves in Galveston, TX. Never having taken a lesson, I had a 2-hour session with Sergio who had me up on the board in no time. He is a very patient instructor and I learned a ton about catching waves. Alex and staff at the shop are very friendly and helpful. To the delight of my wife, they provided an umbrella, chairs, and yes, cervezas. As an added bonus, we were privileged enough to meet local legend, Crazy Joe, who provided non-stop entertainment. Gracias, mi amigos!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Owen D
Richland, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“These guys made our day!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I'm mid 40s and a "bit" outta shape. Wife is mid 30s. The guys pushed us around until we figured out how to do it. They worked their arses off, and made sure we had fun. They had chairs and an umbrella set up at the surf beach when we arrived. Only complaint is that the surf is pocked with rocks with tiny spikes that break off into your feet and hands if you fall on them, so be careful !! I ended up picking them out of me for a couple of days afterward.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Hiesenberg
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Top Rated Surf Lesson”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had the best expierence for my first surf lesson. Tried surfing in Maui once without having a lesson and just renting the board. I never caught a wave. But not with Costa Azul "Alex" and his very qualified team. They had my safety at first hand always. My second try I surfed all the way to shore, was scared to jump they caught me as I came to shore. He had another part of his team half way out helping stay on track the best path out to catch another wave. Even when tired they would help push me out. I was with two of my girlfriends the first day and they had chairs with umbrellas, ice chest with drinks ready for us when we arrived. Yes, I said first day because after that I wanted to go back and my girlfriend decided to try too. She noticed that I had 3 instructors to one surfer and the others out there had one instructor to two surfers!
They even provide transportation.

Visited September 2012