“Take a lesson at the Cabo Surf Hotel instead”

Costa Azul Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf Lessons for everyone ... Fun and Easy. Professional surf lessons from Surf Instructors who have 25 years of surfing experience and who are CPR and First Aid certified and know how much fun it can be catching that first wave. Book Today Surf Right away!
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have taken surf lessons before in Costa Rica, and my lesson with Costa Azul was terrible. I was taken to the West End of the beach where the surf was rough and rocky. The instructor showed me how to stand up on the board and then pushed me out into the surf. I was not told how or where to paddle out and it was very difficult to get past the breaking waves. At one point, the board almost broke my nose! That was it for instruction. The instructor just pushed me into the rough surf over and over and then I would struggle to paddle back out. Getting out at this part of the beach is tough too, I got tumbled and sliced my leg open on a rock. Later , I watched a guy walk out with sea urchin spines in his foot.

Three days later I went down to the Cabo Surf Hotel for a lesson, and it was great. The surf and swell is much better than at Costa Azul, and the instructor gave thourough instructions and helped me regain my confidence to surf. If you are a beginner, just go to Costa Azul to buy a nice t-shirt, but don't take a lesson there!

1  Thank Tracy F

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My father and I booked a surf lesson while we were vacationing in Cabo San Lucas and Costa Azul Surf shop was nothing short of exceptional. There were four of us for the lesson each with different ablities. Roy and Alex skillfully accomodated all of us and made it look easy. I've been surfing in a lot of places and these guys really know what they are doing.

You don't need to worry about a thing. Just book your lesson and show up. Cosat Azul will take care of the rest and ensure that you have a great time.

1  Thank Pkfoodie
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My daughter had lessons here. Roy her instructor was fabulous! So were the others helping out. No worries, she was in the best care. They teach you on the San Jose Del Cabo location below the Cabo Surf Hotel wich is four star and will bring you drinks and luch down on sivler platters to the beach while you watch.

1  Thank seaTee
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Very good service from this restaurant in a small hotel overlooking and very close to the surf beach and surf school. Open air lends to the place a relaxed casual atmosphere which can be applied directly to the style of food. it was "ok", nothing bad, nothing exceptional, just slightly pricey for the quality. Thoroughly enjoyed watching the surfers at no charge, so it has that going for it! Would go to again, but not an absolute must visit, simply convenient if we take surfing lessons again. Very nice staff however, and a small interesting hotel attached

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Coasta Azul does a great job in outfitting you for your surfing adventure. They provide the board, wetsuit, rash guard, and transportaion to the beach. Once at the beach you will find a row of chairs set up under umbrellas and each chair has a towel. The instructions that you are given are brief, and may lack some helpful information for beginners (I have only surfed one other time, far from advanced). The instructors do a great job in making sure that you "catch" your wave. And when you do there is a cold beer and or water for you at the beach. When we went (day before the supermoon) the waves were big and fast, and even though we were at the beginners beach, I was a little intimidated. I came out unscathed, and grinning! Good time to be had here.

1  Thank Robin P