“Surf is up at Costa Azul.”

Costa Azul Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf Lessons for everyone ... Fun and Easy. Professional surf lessons from Surf Instructors who have 25 years of surfing experience and who are CPR and First Aid certified and know how much fun it can be catching that first wave. Book Today Surf Right away!
Ontario, Canada
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Surf is up at Costa Azul.”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My son(13), my wife and I all tried surfing at Costa Azul. It was a fun experience and we all got up on the boards and rode waves into the beach. The one thing that was unexpected was how difficult it is to paddle out to the waves. Our arms war rubber after 3 or 4 waves. If it is your first time don't expect to surf for 2 hours unless you are the HULK. (LOL) The staff was courteous and helpful. I would try it again if I am ever in Cabo San Lucas again.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Panther67

Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Instructors ! Everyone was surfing and having a ball !!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Alex picked us up in his van and his family/ so-workers set us all up with wet suits, booties, rash guards, and boards. Before you know it, we're on the beach getting a quick 'how to' and then into the water !! The guys made this experience SO MUCH fun ! We felt our kids were safe and totally looked out for.

My son had such a great time, we went back 2 days later and had yet another fantastic experience !!

I highly recommend this great family business !!

Thanks for a great time !

Holden, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“favorite activity in los cabos”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My son Sean (age 11) and I were looking for a fun activity for the day, and had wanted to try surfing for a while. The reviews on trip advisor for Costa Azul were very positive, and I liked that they had experience teaching kids.

From start to finish this was a great experience. Sarah was extremely friendly on the phone, answered all of our questions, and was able to get us scheduled for a lesson the same day we called. The shop was pretty cool (lots of custom designed Alea Sufboard and Costa Azul surf t-shirts), and the equipment was first rate. Sarah had our wet suits waiting for us when we arrived, and we were quickly off ot the beach (2 min ride from the shop) in a few minutes.

Alex and Roy had our group of 5 through the basics in 15 minutes, and were were out on the water. They showed us where to line up for the break, and gave us a head start push into the first few waves. After 2-3 waves and some timely advice (keep your eyes on the beach, not your board) they had both me and my son up and surfing. He was smiling ear to ear - what a confidence builder for an 11 yr old boy.

We surfed for about an hour and were pretty beat by the end. The breaks were great that day, and (of course for Los Cabos) the weather was fantastic. We were also paired up with a great group - Mike, Nancy, and Steve were really nice (thanks again for the photos).

Alex and Roy were great instructors and genuine, down to earth people.

Cold beers and waters were waiting at the end of the lesson, and we made sure to stop by the shop to grab one of the t-shirts.

I highly recommend Costa Azul.

Visited February 2012
NJ
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great service”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

great service, wide selection of boards and the break is right out front

Canmore, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“our favorite surf shop!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have been visiting Costa Azul for many years, love their customer service! Sarah, Roy and Alex are awesome! We rent surfboards and boogie boards from them, get advice and updates on different surfbreaks, it's the place to go!