“Great service, good food”
Review of Sardina Cantina

Sardina Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Close to the ocean, stroll from your seaside accommodation and enter a brick-lined patio with the ambiance of an English garden right off Federal Hwy. #1 Emphasis on Seafood but also serving salads, steaks, chicken, pasta, Mexican food & Continental Fare. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, we strive to create a friendly atmosphere with our attentive and caring waitstaff while serving up some of the best meals you'll have on your vacation!
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Sardina Cantina quite a few times in the past. The staff is all the same and they are so happy to see return visitors which is a great feeling. The food is very good but the prices have increased quite a lot over the last 4 years. Drinks are very expensive as they are in most restaurants and bars in the area. The food was excellent and huge portions. My husband had the Mexican Combo Platter and could not finish it all. They quickly offered to package up the leftovers for us. I had shrimp tacos which were good but not as good as they used to be. I almost felt as if they had been made more "western" and didn't seem to be as authentic as they were before. Excellent service. The only downside is sitting right beside the 4 lane highway so it is very noisy and not as relaxing as somewhere in a quieter location would be. Still a good place to go for a meal and we will be going back again.

There are newer reviews for Sardina Cantina

Reviewed March 6, 2013

What a wonderful neighborhood restaurant. The staff, Christian, Cesar and Dago are the friendliest and happy crew I have experienced in a long, long time. It's no wonder once you meet the owners, Mike and his wife, who were very personable and conversed with many of the patrons. In a week's time we found ourselves enjoying their cuisine on three separate occasions; once for lunch and twice for dinner. Last evening the Rustica pasta was out of this world. The seafood was fresh and tasty. The other evening we partook of many of their appetizers and especially enjoyed their calamari and buffalo wings. They also have a half pound Lupe burger that puts many American restaurants to shame. You can dress it up pretty much anyway you like and the fresh burger flavor comes shining through. The steaks and fish were also top notch. The restaurant always seems to be busy with everyone seeming to have a good time - laughter in abundance is the norm. Yes, it is on a busy road, but we ate both inside and out on the patio and did not find the road noise to be intrusive. The number one reason we continue to go back is the cheery crew and the friendly owners. Wish I could export this nice little restaurant back to my neighborhood!! Thank you Sadina Cantina for making our week so much fun!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was the best restaurant by far that we visited in Los Cabos (in Feb 2013), but it is not strictly Mexican food - they have a variety.
See my other reviews for restaurants in Los Cabos during Feb 2013.
Don't get there too late for dinner - this place gets packed.
The only problem that I had with this restaurant is that the only take cash.
You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Party of four. First time at Sardina. Ate inside to avoid noise from road traffic. The service was terrific. Christian was our waiter and entertainer for a wonderful dinner.We had Rockefeller Halibut, Fish & Chips ( Halibut ) and the entries included selections of veg's and potatoes. We had the Au Gratin and it was great. The Halibut was fresh and large and cooked to perfection.
The best Fish and Chips we ever ate in our life. Lots of folks but the service was quick and friendly. Christian is an asset because he can do anything from sing, to dance, to serve and be the host that you would like to take home for your big party. Tell him we said Hello from Texas !

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have had a condo close to the Sardina Cantina restaurant for ten years. I have eaten at the restaurant many times over the years. The food is average, the restaurant is noisy from the traffic on the highway, but it is a local hangout and had been a fun place to go for a drink. A couple of years ago I was in the restaurant with a buddy. We had a few shots of tequila and dinner. When the bill came we were astounded at the price they charged for the tequila shots. A bottle of Cazadores costs $17 here. They were charging $10 per shot - $4 more than any other place in town. I went to talk to the owner and asked about the price. He basically told us too bad, that's the price and if you don't like it don't come back. Guess what - I've never walked into the place again and when we have friends come visit us we never recommend the restaurant. If the owner is as rude to other patrons as he was to us - I'm sure he will lose a lot of business! There are many other restaurants close by that offer great food, great service, and definitely look after their regular customers!

3  Thank Jesson216