“Friendly service, delicious food, magnificent margaritas”
Review of Salsita's - CLOSED

Salsita's
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Some drinks were more expensive than I expected to pay in Mexico (and food ranged in price from about $6-$20US from appetizers to main courses), but this was quite the serendipitous find in old town. We stopped in for a couple of drinks at the bar and stayed for hours enjoying the food and company of a delightful staff as well. Julio, the bartender is a maestro de margaritas. I consider myself a connoisseur of margaritas, and I had the best margaritas of my life here.You can choose from several preparations ranging in price, but they are all made with fresh limes and quality tequila as god intended. The top of the line they call a "Bentley" margarita, and it deserves its place beyond the Cadillac - it also has a price to match at what exchanged at about $17US. They have a wide selection of sipping tequilas as well, and Julio kept on making great recommendations based on preferences we described. The food was delicious too. We started with chips, guacamole, and salsa, which were all very good, and when I asked for spicier salsa, they obliged with an amazing serrano salsa that we consumed with much relish and in large quantities. I foolishly said I would also like to try an even spicier salsa and sampled a habanero salsa that had fantastic flavor, but rapidly had me begging for milk. We shared the chicken al mole de oaxaca, and it was really very good - nice execution, lovely presentation. The place has a lovely ambiance: red walls, beautiful lighting fixtures, the requisite mariachi band was not too obtrusive. All of these factors would have made for a really nice evening out, but the staff made it epic. Our experience was probably different and more informal than if we had sat in the dining room, but Oscar, Salvador, Julio, and Cristian all spent time having real conversations with us, and it made for a very warm and fun night out. To top it off they also made some really perfect recommendations for places for us to go out for music and dancing after dinner, and it all ended up being our most fun and enjoyable night in Los Cabos. Go for the margaritas, stay for the delicious food, and be nice to the staff because they are awesome!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have gone to Salsita's a few times and always enjoyed our experience. The service has always been smooth and friendly. The food is fairly consistent and sometimes excellent. We had a seafood chili relleno once that was fantastic but must have been on special as it was not available on another visit.

Overall it is less expensive than a lot of "high end" places in Los Cabos and you get really good food and service.

Note: some mentioned needing reservations in the evenings...head there early on Thursdays art walk days.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Really enjoyed dinner at Salsitas. Prices are a little high for what you get - ~$12 for three fish tacos but they were splendid. Inside is charming and location is perfectly close to heart of historic district.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I visit San Jose del Cabo every year yet we never went to Salsita's as it just doesn't look great from the street. We decided to try it and were delighted as the food was outstanding and inexpensive. We will go back but will make reservations as we had to wait for an hour as the restaurant is very small.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I have just come in from San Jose on this rainy afternoon. The trip was worth it after having a great lunch at Salsita's. The shrimp tacos with jicama tortillas was different healthy and savory. The hibiscus margarita was delectable . I really enjoyed my trip to the art district and my lunch.