“A foodie's delight” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casianos

Casianos
Cuisines: Mexican, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Paseo Malecon
Description: The Restaurant: Situated in Fonatur development, San Jose del Cabo, Casianos Restaurant offers an exceptional culinary experience. With an outstanding mix of products, contemporary techniques and Mexican flavors. Chef Casiano Reyes brings his style of "Spontaneous Cuisine" to Los Cabos. ECLECTIC, MINIMALIST, but yet COLORFUL Our Concept: No menu... No rules... Let "Casiano" surprise you or guide him with your favorite flavors. If you are looking for a complete experience, a five course menu will show you the best of Baja and a taste of what is the true essence of Mexican cuisine. Our Wines: No culinary experience will be complete with out its best partner... Wine. Casianos has a growing wine list that includes world wines along with some of the best Mexico has to offer. Designed to compliment the "spontaneous" style of cuisine the wine has been carefully chosen to fulfill this goal.
north carolina
“A foodie's delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Staying at Esperanza Resort -- fabulous! -- more of that in another review.
Rented a car and drove to Casiano's among other gourmet jewels in this place.
An easy 25 min. Drive from our resort. Apparently Casiano's have been in their new place for a short time.
A nicely appointed small restaurant --- no menus , which is great as you get pleasantly surprised with what the chef has in store for you.
Waiter recommended a great mexican Cabarnet sauvignon -- PICCOLO that "opened up" in the space of a few minutes to our surprise! Already on a roll with a great wine -- came the amuse bouche - a seafood tomato compote with goat cheese on toast.
My wife opted for the three course dinner and i for the five course dinner.
First appetizer was a collection of perfectly pan fried scallops with a green puree, a chicken oxaca mole tamale and a lobster tail in its own sauce --- superb!! It went to even better with soft shell crab, filet of beef and on and on!! Dessert was equally delicious. Too long to detail all the delicious food here. Suffice it to say that each course was different in taste , texture and preparation from the other.
The food is not cheap -- approx. $200 for both of us. An equivalent experience in the US would easily have approached $ 400. We think it was money well spent. Incidentally the chef recently prepared his food for visiting heads of state at the recent G 20 summit in Cabo. We can see why!!
Service is meticulous and the servers know their food well.
For a special celebration or if you are looking for a true gourmet feast --- this place is not to be missed.
Four nights here and thus far we have hit bullseye with every restaurant we chose to dine at
esperanza
El farallon
Hacienda y cochina
Casianos
Cabo obviously has a pretty high standard of cuisine compared to cancun ( where we usually go ) which seems to have gotten stale and very expensive for the quality of food served -- that is our humble opinion.

• Visited July 2012

Boulder area, Colorado, United States
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

My wife and I visited Casiano's last night, and had everything you want in a meal. Good atmosphere, superb hospitality by the staff, gracious service, inventive and flavorful food, good wine, and learned a bit about the history of some primo tequila. We'll visit again on our next trip to Cabo.

• Visited May 2012
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
“WOW!! No words to describe it!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I must say it is very hard to talk about casianos as I do not think I can use the correct words and I do not want to be unfair by saying it is very good or delicious. Word can't be enough. You must go to this place to understand how good it is. By far this is my favorite restaurant and I must say I do like to eat in good places everytime I travel and also I must say I am a fan of mexican flavors. I thought about describing the things I ate the on my last visit. (in the new location) However I prefer that when people go to casianos they will be as surprised as I am everytime I go and have dinner. The service cannot be better and the place in this new location is beautiful. So after you read this you must SERIOUSLY consider making reservations and eat in Casianos for the best dinner ever!

• Visited May 2012
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
“Way below what we expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

This was my fourth visit, to the restaurant, my first one to the new location, I have to say that is much nicer than the older one, but at this time we got really disappointed, because of the food, it was simply average, we order a 5 times tasting menu, in 3 of them there was basically no salt, was tasteless, the size of the portions are way too small, some of them not even worth wash the plate were they served it,

For me this time I feel the price was too expensive for the quality of food, we got.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Fernando E
London, United Kingdom
“You do not get what you pay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

The restaurant has not test, the decor is poor (they use blue LED lights is in the midle of the restaurant)
Is full of mosquitos, the service is pretentious they want to be good but it stay just in the try.
We pay $ 8,000 pesos (around $700usd) for 6 people (without alcohol) and honestly is not about the money is about the quality, the portions are super tiny (ridiculous) you will need a magnifier to find your food plus all the food did not have any salt.

• Visited April 2012