“Cabo Wabo” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Worldmark Coral Baja

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Jose del Cabo
Worldmark Coral Baja
Carrollton, Texas
“Cabo Wabo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This resort was good for our first experience outside of the US. The resturants were okay. I would recommend trying some of the local resturants advertised by the resorts. The resturants we experience were AWESOME! If you like fresh food Cabo is the place. I would recommend going to Jazmines. I still have the taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: The best time to travel to Cabo is during the Spring time. I would recommend around Spring Break.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CaliforniaKing78

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at Worldmark Coral Baja for 1 week during February 2013. We were happy with the spaciousness of the 2 bedrooms, the level of comfort in our unit and were adequately provided with the basic supplies we would need for a week's stay. The unit was clean and well maintained. The beach area reserved for the resort patrons was subtly cordoned off to ensure more privacy from beach vendors, something we greatly appreciated. Although no swimming is allowed, the beach allows for long walks or jogs and the sand close to the water is soft and silky.

During our stay we experienced an incident which reinforced our feeling of safety in the resort and also showed the honesty of the staff. It happened after we attended a timeshare information session. I inadvertently left my purse on the chair I was sitting on in the office. Not having needed my purse for the rest of the day I didn't miss it. Hours later an employee who had been closing the office had found my purse and brought it to us in our room. Everything in my purse was intact, including a passport and the totality of the cash I was carrying. We were extremely happy about the outcome and impressed about the professionalism & trustworthiness of the staff. We enjoyed our stay for all these reasons.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Julie W
Pleasant Hill
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed for two weeks in 2/2013. This was our first time here and we found the place to be clean with attention to detail on keeping the grounds spotless. One thing i didnt like was that we had to always call the front desk when we were out of paper produts and soap and many times we ended up going to the front desk ourselves. The guests were mainly retired and older than us, however everyone was nice. Because they had an older crowd there was hardly any music playing. The only time some music played was when happy hour began. The restaurant was ok. Most of the waiters were great. At times they seemed overwhelmed when the restaurant was at capacity. We had a beautiful ocean front view that was unbelievable. We truly had a wonderful time and will most definitely return. Viva Mexico!

Stayed February 2013
Kenai, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My family and I stayed 3 weeks at this resort, and our time was well spent. They have great attention to detail in maintenance and cleanliness. The staff is very friendly, and the location was awesome, right on the beach! They always had activities for the guests, including a beach volleyball court. Very kid friendly, and the location is perfect, near Costa Azul beach for surfing or boogie boarding. It is very close to the Mega, and historic downtown San Jose Del Cabo. The fishing in Los Cabos area is excellent for Dorado, Tuna, and Marlin in November! We caught a bunch of fish!

Room Tip: Choose a first floor room, and you can walk right out to the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JimmiJack
Hanford, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The place is nice and clean. Vendors are not pushy and after the initial check-in we were left alone. We were very pleased with the one bedroom place we stayed. Nicely outfitted and large enough. Has some activities mostly geared to older crowd. Very peaceful relaxing area. Food at the restaurant is good, but reasonably priced for the quality. Ocean views are nice but kind of dull. We were there in February and it gets chilly at night. Light jacket is a must have. This is not a wild party place, lots of drinking going on, but no slobbering drunks. It's good for families. I would say the ratio for older folks to younger adults is 75% to 25%. Plenty of other activities nearby within one hour travel time by bus or taxi. One problem was you need cash to exchange money at the resort which I thought was kind of odd. They accept credit cards for everything else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gildantk
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Like any Worldmark, the rooms are fine and the staff wonderful. The restaurant is so-so but there is an excellent cantina right outside the property. You have to get up your nerve to cross the highway to catch the bus into Cabo, but once you get used to it, it's no problem at all. It's a pelasure to be out of the madness. And take their advice, DO NOT LET YOURSELF GET SNAGGED BY THE TIMESHARE SELLERS AT THE AIRPORT. We lost a morning at the "Cryinb' Mayan" but at least got some goodies for our pain.

Room Tip: The restaurant was so-so at best, the drinks rather expensive.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DeHypnotist
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Coral Baja in a 1 bedroom unit stated as sleeps 4 which it does. King size bed in the bedroom and sleeper sofa in the living room. The problem is that the only entrance to the bathroom was thru the bedroom. I traveled with my sister in law so it wasnt really a problem for us but could be if shared by singles, other couples or a couple with older children. Definately a little odd to have to go into the bedroom to get to the bathroom when some one other than my husband was in there but since my sister in law and I are best friends and the only ones there it worked fine for us. For complete privacy it would not be ideal for many not traveling as a couple only. The unit itself was on the smaller side but nicely furnished and had everything needed in the kitchen. The pool is on the small side too and not really serviced as well as many time shares I have stayed in. The pool area was sparkling clean every morning but not well maintained throughout the day. The pool towel bins were often overflowing with used towels on the ground and sometimes empty of clean towels at one or more of the stations. They seemed to have very sparce and spotty food and drink service around the pool. Not many servers and not seen often. The drinks were fast and tasty when ordered from the pool bar but gosh darn it that required walking or swimming there myself (kidding kind of)! I walked up to the only restaurant on the property which was Mama Mia's to order the only food I had there which was their burger and fries (which were very yummy) and they were brought over to me. You have to either pay cash at pool bar or open an account with your credit card at the desk for the pool bar. No just charging to your room without a stop at the desk first. Not sure if that applies to the restaurant because we decided to just pay cash. There is a nice little market right in the parking lot that was well stocked with snacks, beverages and small toiletries and was reasonably priced. Just a few steps farther out of the property there is what is best described as a small strip mall with another market with a small fresh deli case and which one day was offering some beautiful rib eye steaks to take back to BBQ at the resort for the reasonable price of $14.95/#. They also had a decent wine selection.
Then there is a nice little restaurant (? San Sabastians?) that served a good breakfast, a Subway sandwich shop, A Dominos Pizza and a real estate company. If you are even fairly fit the Mega store is a easy walk both directions if you go early to beat the heat and you dont over shop. Probably a cheap taxi back if you do over shop. Not really resort info here but good info on transportation. We used an airport shuttle service both to and from called Translife Cabo that was $12 US each person each way. They were prompt and courteous and I would recommend them - just make sure to walk ALL the way outside the airport terminal like they tell you when you book cause the sharks inside ANY part of the airport are very convincing that they are with the company you are looking for. Very convincing! When you reserve they show you pictures of who your pick up driver will be and once you are ALL the way outside he will be easy to spot. When you see the bar outside the airport doors you know you have made it to where the driver will be waiting so look for the familiar face from the picture and the sign. They will drop you at Coral Baja for check in who will then try offer your a margarita or a beer as a lure to a time share presentation. Accept the beverage - decline the offer and start soaking up the warm Mexican sun......

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends