Worldmark Coral Baja
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Place Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Marisol Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Royal Decameron Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Breakfast included
Park Royal Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Pool
Posada Real Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Mar Adentro(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Cabo Surf Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
All reviewsmama miasardina cantinaon site restaurantswim up barworld markbedroom deluxesan josewasher and dryermurphy bedpool areafull kitchentoll roadstayed daysmexican fiesta nightkaraoke nightrental carcab ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Really liked the Coral Baja and found the staff to be excellent - friendly and helpful. The room was great and very comfortable, although I found it a little odd that a beachside resort wouldn't have any towel bars in the room. The pool was perfect - lots of activities and different levels for different ages. The onsite restaurant, Mamma Mia, was fine and the servers were very attentive. It was nice to have the different events - a band, karaoke, etc. Enjoyed going into San Jose del Cabo to see the sights. You could even order from the restaurant and have it delivered by the pool! One caveat - it's pretty far to Cabo San Lucas, so if that's what you're interested in, you should find a place closer. We liked being farther away.

Room Tip: We had a first floor walk-out to the pool and really liked the convenience of getting from our room to the pool and back again.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our third stay at Coral Baja. We hadn't been there in 8 years though, so were anxious to see if we would still be comfortable there. With teens in tow we arrived in our rental car (rented from Dominic, a local, I highly recommend, http://dominicloscabos.com/) to find Coral Baja exactly as we left it; well kept, friendly staff, and perfect for the low-maintenance travelers we are. The activities desk gave us the help we needed through the week, the pool was always clean and welcoming, and the on-site restaurant was not nearly as scary and poor as many of the reviews made it out to be. Our boys (14 and 17) loved the food there and we had a few rounds of guacamole and quesadillas by the pool ourselves. We enjoyed the entertainment there at dinner too. A cover band on Saturday night and the drum/dance group on Monday. So fun! We did venture out to Flora's Field Kitchen on Tuesday night which we HIGHLY recommend--it's ten miles out of San Jose Del Cabo and serves up organic (don't let that scare you, we had free-range fried chicken!) fare and wonderful views. Go!! Oh, I just realized, this review is supposed to be about Coral Baja. Ok, back to that. Having been there before we knew it would be a challenge to make the one bedroom work, but we did it. We were in the deluxe version which afforded us with the all-important extra door to the bathroom so the boys could go in and out without coming through our bedroom. I will say the murphy bed was a bid short. Our 5 foot 10 and 6 foot 1 boys hung off the edges, but they didn't complain. There was a "couch" too and they actually traded off each night on those. Our king bed in the master was surprisingly comfortable and the pillows were average, For as little as we were in the room, it was really perfect. We put the kitchen to full use cooking eggs each morning with tortillas and avocados we picked up at the Mega store on the way in. Of course, the view was fantastic, as most of them are at Coral Baja. We spent lots of time on the deck; and yes, we turned the A/C off when we went out so we didn't have the not air blowing on us. Stopping at the Mega grocery store on the way into town was the best thing we did, although we did make many trips to the American-owned Mini Super at the top of the hill at the resort. It was there we found real butter...there was none to be found at the Mexican stores (oh it LOOKS like butter, but it's not.) We turned our phones off while we were there (and turned the roaming off too)` but did take a lap top. I never did get the wired internet to work in our room (user error, I'm sure) but I did take the laptop down and easily used the resort Wireless network many times. Their computer room was also great with five desk top computers that were rarely all in use at the same time. Our boys used it a LOT. Overall we were very, very pleased with our stay at Coral Baja. We are easy-going travelers and I will say I lowered my expectations with everything I read before we our trip--unnecessarily so. There is always something going on there (we LOVED Victor who led bingo out by the pool, water aerobics in the morning, pool volleyball in the afternoons and many other activities) but you can also ignore all that and just BE. I kept saying Coral Baja is the perfect place to stay for a week and not go ANYwhere because everything you need is right there--a little grocery store, two restaurants (we loved Sardina's at the top of the hill too), Emerald City Smoothie, Subway, and Domino's...all right there. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have specific questions.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Angela W
Reviewed July 22, 2012

All the one bedroom units have a full view of this exceptional sunrise. Many of the 2 bedroom units are in a back building so not as fortunate.
The lawn and pool at the front of the property are as good as any 1st class place we have stayed at. There is also lots of shade provided for those that burn as fast as I do.
The street vendoors stay behind a rope in front of the property and do not bother you - they are just there to sell you things, if you so desire.
The staff is excellent and I appreciated being able to exchange US currency for pesos at the front desk.
There is a tour guide and car rental desk just off the lobby if you need either.
The Mega Store close buy was a daily venture (especially for the puff pasteries).
The only negative was the onsite restaurant, but that was "saved" by discovering the fantastic small restaurant just past the taxi stands out the east gate - not to be missed.
We are now making this location an almost annual MUST visit.

Room Tip: Get the Deluxe one bedroom as it is very spacious. The higher floors have the best distance views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank grant27
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this resort for 12 days in September of 2011. The resort was very nice and clean, and the staff were, for the most part, very friendly and helpful. While I didn't feel like they were like the staff at many other resorts where they send you places based on the kick-backs they get, they seemed to have a difficult time recommending anything other than the typical tourist centers. On one occasion I asked where I could find a traditional tortillarilla, and they tried sending me to the baking department at the nearby supermarket. Then I asked where the locals shopped for groceries, as I didn't wish to shop at the supermarket for vacationing gringos. I finally got an expat to tell me where to go.

The room was reasonably spacious, and while the bed was comfortable, the pillows needed to be replaced years ago. We actually bought pillows while we were there so we could sleep ok.

The wi-fi internet connection was not set up in the room correctly and didn't work, so I had to call an 1-800 tech line for Worldmark and they walked me through setting it up the right way (I bet it got moved back as soon as we checked out).

The furnishings were comfortable, but was a wicker set, and the sort of thing you would get comfortable on lounging around in the living room. The balcony was very nice with a great view of the Sea of Cortez, but if you have the AC on it can get really stuffy on the balcony as most of them don't have good ventilation for all of the hot air coming out of the AC unit.

The pool area was great with a swim up bar and restaurant next to it, all right by the beach. There was also a "sports" bar next to the restaurant as well.

They did different events at the restaurant each night (karaoke one night, a mexican fiesta another, etc) which made it kind of fun.

There are also gas BBQ grills down by the pool area. We brought our food and beers down by the pool and BBQed several of our meals by the pool and just hung out there by the beach...quite nice.

The workout room here has top quality equipment in it and they have an computer room where you can get internet access if you'd like as well.

I'd definitely recommend this place and will be going here again if the opportunity presents itself.

Room Tip: The ocean is not safe for swimming in.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mdmarshall75
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Spent a week at the Worldmark Coral Baja resort and we just loved it. From the relaxing atmosphere to the many activities we had an all around wonderful vacation. Mexican fiesta night and Brazilian dance night were a couple of rally nice touches. And Happy hour from 2 - 4 pm at the pool and 4 to 6pm at the bar, well what more could you ask for! Resorts ground were very well maintained and the staff were really friendly and accommodating. The only drawback was not being able swim (or even really get in the water) in front of the resort.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family