“Awesome resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Jose del Cabo
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Reviewed November 13, 2010

This was my third trip to Cabo but the first time I stayed in this area; we have stayed further out of town in the past. I will be back and will definitely stay in town; I loved the convenience and the resort was incredible.

I traveled with a friend from high school that I hadn't seen in years so it was a wonderful reunion. We walked everywhere and never felt uncomfortable. The resort staff was fantastic, the 2 BR villa was amazing, the weather was HOT!

The only complaint I have is about the timeshare sales staff - stay far away from these sharks. They are rude and insulting when you tell them NO. Our sales person kept us 3 hours for what was supposed to be a 90 minute presentation. I know it's never 90 minutes but it was just awful and he was incredibly rude. A young couple told us that they told their salesman they didn't have the money to purchase a timeshare because of medical bills for their young son's open heart surgery. The sales person said "yeah sure, that's what everyone says" - I don't think you can get much ruder or more insensitive than that. Avoid the timeshare presentation and you will have a wonderful time at this beautiful resort.

I can't wait to return with my husband - this is my favorite place in Cabo.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank bking00

Reviewed November 7, 2010

I stayed at Club Casa Dorada with my husband and 3 year old for a week in late Oct/early Nov and it was FANTASTIC! The resort is beautiful! (Its part of the Hilton...) Our suite was huge, plenty of room for the three of us. The hotel staff was great, the grounds immaculate and the food and cocktails delicious. I truly don't have one bad thing to say about this place!
My tips:
Skip Cabo San Lucas and spend your time in San Jose del Cabo. Its less crazy and the vendors don't pressure you as much.
Be prepared for EVERYONE to try to sell you a timeshare.
Go to Chileno Bay beach. Its a safe swimming beach with a life guard, palapas, good snorkeling, and tide pools to discover
Enjoy!.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Bdickerson
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Just got back yesterday from this hotel. Used Interval international for timeshare trade. Joke was on us, owners must have known about the renovations being done to the pool and plaza area in front of all the Club Casa Dorada guests and decided to go somewhere else that was quiet. Wish we would have known up front about this.

Were told on arrival, Saturday, that they would start renovations on Monday and that there would be some noise from 10 AM to 6 PM. Told we could use the regular Hilton Hotel pool, which seemed fine since it wouldn't start for 2 days and the hotel and beach are nice. Rooms clean and good food at restaurants.

Monday morning 10 AM, Jack hammering started and woke us up. It echos through the Club Casa courtyard and it is louder than the TV can go. Only place in room to drown it out is the shower with door to bathroom closed and water running. Upon complaining to their Club Casa Dorada Liason, they said the notified the owners and it wasn't their resposnibility to notify Interval exchange customers and there was nothing more they would do except provide us rooms at the hotel for normal rates, and a 25% discount on SPA services. Well, the Spa was being renovated and the treatments were in regular hotle rooms...the discount was for that reason we found out later.

Yes, we opted to try and stick it out. After 3 days of being awoken at 10 AM and not being able to either sleep in or use theroom or balcony patio for 3 days until after 6 pm that we would get a room somewhere else. We opted for another hotel due to the position they put us in.

The hotel was nice for the two days before the work started and it would have been fabulous if we arrived outside the Hotel maintenance period or if they would have offered a discount of some type for the terrible inconvenience.

I will never return to the Hilton in Cabo for their terrible handling of the situation. I even have two business trips scheduled in September with stays at different Hilton Hotels and will be having my admin change those accomodations on Monday.

The Westin was just as beautiful in comparison and they even offered us a discount on the rooms as they had a low occupancy rate once we decided to change hotels. I was able to sleep til eleven and head to the room at 4 to escape the 95 F heat at the pool.

Hope anyone that reads this and is travelling here in the next 5 weeks, until the renovation is finished, can truly decide if they can enjoy not having a quiet cool room to enjoy from the hours of 10AM to 6 PM. We tried to stick it out and make it pleasurable, but the jack hammering and work noise literaly makes it impossible to have any quiet time in the rooms from 10 AM til 6PM. I am glad we had the means to be able to pay for a room somewhere else. If not, this would have been the worst week long vacation ever.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lewman2
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Our family Cabo trip was the best vacation we have ever taken.

1) Club Casa Dorada Spa & Golf resort is part of the Hilton Hotel Cabo. You have the same ammeneties as the Hilton guests with an additional bonus of 20% discount at all restaurants, including the pool bars.
2) Everything was clean and beautiful from the airport to the hotel to all the places we visited. Everyone really takes pride in their service and the experience they provide for you.
3) Rent a car, but watch out for added charges for insurance which they state are mandetory. We had no problem getting around and people were very willing to provide directions. Going into Cabo San Lucas was easy and parking at the main Plaza/Mall was inexpensive, only 15 pesos.
4) Buy gorceries at either the strore on the way or WalMart which is past the Hotel, but not far.
5) Food was amazing, appetizers at the main bar were great, service was great, breakfast buffet at El Meson was spectacular with amazing food and service that makes you feel like royalty.
6) 19 and 14 year old both agreed that this was the best vacation ever. They loved the pool, ocean, scenery, activities (snorkeling and zip line) and everything!

Lastly, if you are celebrating a special event I recommend dinner on the beach. Again, they treat you like royalty and make you feel so special! We were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and they provided us wit an experience I will never forget!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I had a lovely and peaceful time in the Cabo area. Best thing to do is rent a car!!! Ignore the guys outside the airport... get to your rental car van, the drive is just few minutes from the airport. Then stop at the Mega grocery store, you will run in to it either road you take (the toll road or regular highway 1). Stock up on whatever you want... the timeshare room has a kitchen and fridge with all the kitchen utensils you would need. I was able to park anywhere at the hotel, no problem checking in and the hotel was easy to find. And I had never been there before. I had just looked at the map closely before arriving in Cabo. I pretty much ate in the room for breakfast and took a snack with me for the day and then at a restaurant in Cabo or San Jose del Cabo. It was easy to get around the entire area. I had no issues.

I did go into Cabo San Lucas and that is very very touristy. Someone trying to sell you something on every corner.

The highlight of my trip was driving to Todas Santos, a nice artsy town... no crowds and easy to get to.

Rent a car, buy groceries, eat in San Jose del Cabo or Cabo... cheaper than the hotel. The fitness center was awesome!! I think the business center was pricey.... cheaper to get on the internet in San Jose del Cabo. Way cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank MoCattyG
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Best hotel experience ever!! These people treat you like royalty as soon as you walk through the door... Rooms are beautiful!! The view is awesome and the amenities leave nothing to desire!!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MisfitsChick13
Reviewed February 20, 2010

We traded through interval and what a great trade it was. The hotel is known as the Hilton Los Cabo. There are 2 sides to the hotel, one for the timeshare guest and the other for regular hotel guest. If you are a timeshare traveler you will still have the same check in as the Hilton hotels guest You will also have all the same access to all of the hotel amenities as the Hilton guest. We loved the hotels infinity pool and the service at the pools are great. If you are a timeshare guest you will get a 20% off card to use for everything except in the gift shop. We had a junior suite with 2 beds and small fridge, 2 burners and microwave and was very nice. We also rented a car at the airport and had no problems getting around. Found it very nice to run into Cabo and get snacks and drinks to have in your room. We also took a collapsable cooler and took our own drinks to the pool which saves you a lot of $$. We did the sunset cruise on the Pez Gato for $30 pp., which was a great deal for the money. We ate the Trailer park ( get the taco tray for two ) Romeo and Juliet ( get the table side cesear) Edith's ( very nice steaks) If you get the chance to trade to go here, do it for sure!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dv3ks
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
#7 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosew...
#2 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!