A wonderful start to our "chick" week with 5 friends in Cabo. We were greeted at the hotel with delicious icy margaritas. OUr rooms were ready when we arrived. We had booked two - one bedroom units on the 6th floor. They were not connecting as we wanted two kitchens and four bathrooms - the perks with 6 women.
We all walked into the first room to be greeted by multi baloons on the bed with happy birthday in rocks, a delicious birthday cake AND a bottle of champagne. A very special thanks to Dulcea (customer service) as it was a beautiful gift and very much appreciated.
The hotel has two large swimmping pools . All of the "timeshare" units overlook the lazy river which is a much quieter pool, with a swim up bar and more cabanas (free) available than the large infinity pool.
The hotel has some really great amenities by the pool. Each afternoon homemade popsicles are brought by, earlier they offer eucalyptus scented cold towels and suncreen. At the infinity pool they offer complimentary 5 minute back massages (recommend you tip as it's very nice) about 2 00 each afternoon. Both pools have swim up bars and limited menus for lunch.
Our hotel room had two full bathrooms, one with tub and separate shower and one with just a shower, huge amount of closet space. Living room with a very , very bad futon couch. We requested a cot instead and it worked out better for anyone staying up late or waking up early.
A full kitchen with basic amenities, but do have a toaster, blender and full size fridge so worked out perfect for breakfasts only. Note, that they do not have any condiments, paper towel or sharp knives so bring your own. Bedroom has king sized bed and room had two tv's that we never used.
We ate in all of the restaurants once only. Sushi at the lazy river swim up bar was delicious. Cocktails at the infinity pool were sublime. The Mexican Restaurant was lovely but so dark we couldn't see our menus without flashlights and quite overpriced for the amount of food.
The absolute highlight was dinner on the beach catered by the Italian restaurant in the hotel. We had our own private waiter that took care of every need . The meal was amazing and if you would like to do something special for someone I really do recommend it as the whole ambience is very special.
All in all the "timeshare" side of the property could do with a little upgrades especially the futon in the living room but the property itself is stunning , the beach is rough but swimmable for some although not this prairie girl. The best is that you can walk for miles unlike other Cabo hotels. Bus stops in front of the hotel for a 10 min ride to costco. We cabbed back (yes, they have taxi stands at costco) and it worked great. Went for dinner in both CAbo and San Jose del Cabo and it was 30.00 each way based on 6 of us in the van. A little pricey but really only 5.00 per person. Mia Casa restaurant in San Jose -mmm !!(see review).
If you are looking at a "time share" vacation I would REALLY, REALLY recommend this hotel. I was a travel agent for 25 years so I have had my share of "dud" hotels and this hotel is lovely.
Yoga on the beach 3 mornings a week is beautiful and the teacher is wonderful. (also complimentary) . Massages on the beach were lovely although try to go very early in the morning or at dusk as it is hot down there. (Not complimentary)
Okay, okay I've said enough. Go enjoy yourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is one of the many Casa Dorada in Los Cabos area. Please note we are "Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Resort" located between both towns (San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas) at the area known as the Tourist Corridor within the Cabo Real area at KM 19.5. The Home Resort will allow you the access to their common areas such as the beach, two pools, spa, restaurants and bars. This resort is an European Plan, meaning that there is no All-Inclusive or Mean Plan Package available and food & beverages will be subject to an extra charge. All rooms are considered as Ocean View and the assignment of the rooms will be based on availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Club Casa Dorada Spa And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo