I came here in the summer with 5 other friends and was dropped off in the front entrance where we were welcomed to a Mediterranean/Spanish style restaurant that looked out to the infinity pool and ocean.
We had two rooms connected to each other. The larger of the rooms had a one bedroom with a connected bathroom, couch, dining table, fair sized kitchen and a huge bathroom. The smaller of the room had 2 queen size bed, a mini kitchenette and big bathroom as well. I thought for 6 people sharing the 2 rooms was perfect. If you're looking for a newly remodeled, modern timeshare this isn't the place. I was happy to see it was very clean and the place centrally air conditioned.
Outside of the rooms, the infinity pool is awesome but so crowded we found ourselves hanging out in the secondary pool for more privacy...this pool is narrow and nothing special about it but there is a swim up bar which served sushi and pizzas was pretty awesome...pricey but still really tasty...note the swim up bar closes early.
I really appreciated the privacy this place gave, we didn't see peddlers of merchants, neither were we bothered by the locals at the beach. The hotel is about 20 minutes away from town and there's a shuttle you can take for 6 pesos one way.
If you're looking for peace and quiet with no big families and loud kids its worth being away from town. During a pick up for an excursion we had to stop by hotels closer to town and it was crazy and chaotic.
There is a breakfast buffet and personally I thought it was pretty good. If you have to choose between a plated breakfast or buffet I would definitely take the buffet option because I saw the servers basically plating the same food and charging $2 less (versus all you can eat--fruit, omelet bar, tons of pastries, exotic and tasty juice bar, etc, etc). If you can eat out in town versus staying at the hotel for dinner--from what i recall there's 3 different price tiers of dining options (buffet was cheapest) and for our last night we ate at the middle option and it wasn't very good.
If the purpose of your trip is to have a peaceful, quiet time to just relax by the pool and soak in some sun stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is one of the many Casa Dorada in Los Cabos area. Please note we are "Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Resort" located between both towns (San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas) at the area known as the Tourist Corridor within the Cabo Real area at KM 19.5. The Home Resort will allow you the access to their common areas such as the beach, two pools, spa, restaurants and bars. This resort is an European Plan, meaning that there is no All-Inclusive or Mean Plan Package available and food & beverages will be subject to an extra charge. All rooms are considered as Ocean View and the assignment of the rooms will be based on availability. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Club Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Club Casa Dorada Spa And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo