“Worth a visit”

Tropicana Inn Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
The Woodlands, Texas
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We ate there for lunch. The Caesar salad prep table side was impressive and delicious. The fish tacos were delicious, as was the tortilla soup

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Macree74

Cornelius, North Carolina
“Nice lunch, wasn't disappointed ”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my lunch and was glad I gave the Trop. a try. I would definitely go back. I recommend their tortilla soup. Authentic and a great experience from a non-soup guy.
The fish tacos as well were unique with four different sauces. All were good, but the one they warned me about was too hot for me.
A good crowd watching patio also.

1 Thank george60898
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This restaurant was beautiful! I was slightly disappointed however, in the food options. I cannot be too hard on some restaurants though because of my own limitations as I have celiac and cannot eat gluten. Thus, I was limited to only getting nachos. The nachos were okay, but not the best. The refried beans on the nachos seemed to be the usual canned refried beans. A person I was with ordered a burger and did say it was the best burger he has had.
After you eat if you wander to the back of the restaurant, there is an outdoor area that is part of the hotel. This was great. We met a parrot, I believe his name is Paco. He said "hola" to us and did a few dances which was very entertaining. We loved seeing Paco and the rest of the birds there were out there.

San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
“Great spot, consistant food”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The Tropicana has been one of our favorites for some time. Over the years, the food has been consistently good no matter what time of year it is. Also the atmosphere is good with both outside and inside dining. The food is fairly priced and the portions are good. Service is very good, as well. We usually take our visitors there at least once for lunch and once for dinner. Mariachi entertains most nights.

Galiano Island, Canada
“Fun for people watching”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The food and the service are pretty much what you would expect on the main square of a tourist town. Not bad, just not very good. The night we were there, it was very busy and fun but the service was a bit frantic and the food was mediocre. Caesar salad prepared at the table and in a hurry and a mexican combo seemed more aimed at the plates than arranged on them. Prices are hefty -over $60 for a Mexican combo, the salad and an appy of 3 shrimp. No drinks. A big chunk of that is sales tax. If you want to spend that much, there are better places to do it

1 Thank ZLI