“One of the best fishing days ever!”
Review of ABY Charters

ABY Charters
Ranked #120 of 239 Tours in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I have been fishing with ABY on and off for the last 8 years. We have always been given a fair deal for a full days fishing on one of their charter vessels. The boats are clean and the crew on all the boats we have been on to-date are very knowledgeable about local conditions, speak English fairly well, and certainly know how to catch fish.
We have just returned from Cabo San Lucas after having experienced the fishing trip of a lifetime. This time we selected a 32+ foot boat called 'Manana' which has 2 fighting chairs and a cabin that is fairly comfortable for the folks that want to keep out of the sun. It seats 4 people very comfortably. The skipper 'Tito' and the boat-boy 'Luis' were exceptional. They worked their tails off for us for the whole day. Not once did they take their eyes off the water while looking for fins and other signs of life such as leaping fish, etc.
After a slow morning, on the Pacific side of the line we moved back towards the Gulf and immediately started to see Marlin everywhere! Unfortunately, the fish were not hungry and although we must have seen over 20 Marlin behind and alongside the boat, not including 5 or more that jumped close by, we only hooked 3 and boated and released 2. The largest was in the 200lb class. Luis was a real pro at quickly tossing a live bait into the path of a Marlin but they just were not biting that well that day. When we did eventually hook-up, both Tito & Luis were VERY supportive and relaxed during the playing of the fish, unlike what is often experienced in Hawaii & Australia where the pressure is great to boat the fish ASAP.
The person we dealt with at the Office by the Marina, Mr. Helio Garcia, was very helpful and gave us a discount for being repeat customers which was very much appreciated. The lunches provided were also good value with plenty to eat and I thoroughly recommend them. Beer, soda, and water was also reasonably priced.
All in all, I strongly recommend this company for your sport fishing needs in the Cabo San Lucas area.

2  Thank Clearview3000
"trophy"
"cabo"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Based on a recommendation from a friend, we chartered Manana captained by Tito. I have fished with numerous charters in Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Los Cabos and this was my best experience ever. Not just because we caught fish (we caught A Lot of fish), but because Tito was very committed to ensuring we had a great time. I travel to Cabo frequently and will definitely be fishing with Tito and ABY Charters in the future.

2  Thank HTown12
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Friday December 28, 2012, a full moon, and yet it was an epic day of fishing. Helio at ABY Charters took my call 5 days before and recommended we charter ABY, a 28’ Californian for our party of two. The boat was clean and met all our needs. The Captain Tony “Montana” was excellent and took care us. The deckhand, Jorge was always there when needed. Tony asked if we wanted to fish for Marlin, and I told him we wanted fish we could eat and suggested Dorado and Wahoo. He said we would find the Dorado, but few Wahoo were in the area. We left the dock at 7:00, turned in our fishing licenses, and took bait and ice on board. We headed out and turned south from Cabo approximately 10 miles. We were approximately ½ mile offshore. The trolling spread was set by 8:15 and we waited for our first strike. Ten minutes later, trolling south, the game was on with two Dorado hooked. My fiancé landed her first game fish ever, a fine Bull Dorado, with some welcomed coaching form “El Capitain.” I lost my first fish 10 feet from the boat. Afterwards Tony politely showed me I had set the drag too high. We lost no further fish that day. Over the next 1.5 hours we landed a total of 6 Dorado (25 to 45 pounds) and my fiancé caught her first Wahoo (approximately 40 pounds). She also landed four of the fish. As we had more than our limit on Dorado we headed to deeper water looking for Marlin. We found 1 interested fish, but no hook ups. After trolling a few more hours, drinking welcome beer, and eating our lunch we headed in. Six Dorado and one Wahoo flags were flying from our outriggers as El Capitain proudly powered up to full throttle and cruised the beaches of Cabo just beyond the surf line. In the harbor at 1:00 it was clear we had an EPIC morning of fishing. No other boat had more than 4 flags flying and those were all much larger with more fishermen onboard. Thank you Tony, Jorge, and Helio. We had a great day and our success was due to your expertise.

3  Thank RustyB52
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My daughter went and she cant stop speaking about it she saw dolphins and whales swimming (in their natural habitat) and (her older sister) fished a really big fish two seals jumped on the boat and they fed it if you are brave enough go a head and pet them they also stopped for a while and went swimming and right when you think its over you may be lucky enough to get to see a seal jump on the deck for fish it is totally worth every single penny it is awesome!!!

2  Thank Angela M
See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was in Cabo from May 30 to June 7 and experienced some great fishing with the boats that ABY charters supplied.I fished 3 days,2 on pangas and 1 on the ABY.I have to say that all 3 days the captains and crew were always excellent and respectful.I caught fish every day including Roosterfish,Sierra,Dorado and 3 nice 35+ Yellow tail.You also must realize that i have been coming to Cabo for 25 plus years and fish all of them.I never once doubted that I recieved a good deal or that i was robbed in anyway.I have been out with many of the fleets here and believe that the individuals that i dealt with were honest and truly wanting to leave me with an excellent experience.Job well done ABY.

1  Thank James P