“Snorkeling - Watch Out - May not get what you ask for!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of ABY Charters

ABY Charters
Ranked #112 of 213 Tours in Cabo San Lucas
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Snorkeling - Watch Out - May not get what you ask for!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We went on a cruise to Cabo last week for spring break. We got off the boat and shopped around for a snorkeling tour to Chileno Bay. Helio Garcia talked us into using his amazing yacht with unlimited food and drink and 3 hours at Chileno Bay snorkeling. He showed us the amazing yacht we would be on and talked all about the amazing food and accommodations. We signed up and paid him and showed up to go at the appointed time. When we got there, he said that the yacht he promised us was full but he would get us on another one. He rushed us over to a booze cruise on some jungle type boat and we were off before we could ask any questions. Come to find out, we were not even going to Chileno Bay, they took us to Santa Maria and the accommodations were not great - very old and dirty and the food was not unlimited and very mediocre at best. Not to mention that we don't drink so the "booze" part of this cruise did not even apply to us and he knew that. It was very disappointing. We only spent one hour snorkeling and it was fun, but they didn't even bring the boat up to the beach so our 5 year old had to swim to the shore to play on the beach. It was much less than we expected and were sold. When we returned, we told Helio that we felt that he had never intended to send us on the original yacht he sold us and that we were tricked into something much less than we expected. He told us "too bad so sad" and would not give any of our money back. Terrible customer service - will never ever be back. Guess that is what we get for not booking the tour through the ship!!! Lesson learned!!!

Visited April 2012

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“ABY is the one to choose.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have to first say that we didn't catch a fish. That part was not very fun, but our boat captian did his very best to put us on top of the marlin, yellow fin tuna and mahi mahi. We did get a strick on one pole, but was unable to land a fish. They took good care of me and my father and would recommend using this outfit.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Quaid M
Estacada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Fishing Trip ABY Charters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

December 2nd & 4th 2011 my wife and I went out fishing on ABY Charters. On the first day of fishing we caught 6 Dorado weighing 25 to 35 lbs. Then on the 2nd day of fishing we went out with Captian Tony and we caught one 30 lb Dorado and 13 Tuna largest weighing in at 40 lbs. This was a great day of fishing. We have gone out with ABY Charters 4 times and have always came back with fish. Three of the 4 trips have been with Captain Tony and our first time out with him my wife and I each caught a Marlin. So if your looking for a great fishing trip contact Helio at ABY Charters and ask for Captian Tony. Mention that Kraig sent you and he will give you a great deal. Happy Fishing :)

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Kraig T
Toronto
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

My wife and I went for a half day with Tony and Daniel on a 28 foot boat. The 26 footer I initially booked was not available so the owner Helio upgraded us for free. We caught 5 fish and the crew were great - taking us to see whales, manta rays and turtles. Got us some great photos in the marina by feeding fish to pelicans and sea lions. Helio was very helpful and even gave us some dorado he had. Took our catch to Captain Tonys Restaurant in the marina who prepared a great meal for us. Planning to return with my family on a bigger boat and leave earlier in the day next time. Great value.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank MarkKToronto
New york
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Aby Charters Fishing in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Always a great fishing experience with boats that are in good condition and the captains are locals who are passionate about fishing. Oscar is my favorite captain; this year we caught a 120 pound sailfish and a dorado aka mahi mahi. Last year we caught a marlin and some 150 pound tunas. The captains are constantly changing the lures based on the conditions and are always alert. I would recommend Aby Charters to family and friends looking to catch some big fish. Over the years I've used them over five times and I've always been happy. I would highly recommend Aby Charters and can't wait to see the guys next year.

Visited October 2011