“10 Billfish raised......”

Guerita Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Guerita II is a 34' Crystaliner with twin Cummins 315Turbo engines, full cabin, enclosed flybridge with seating for 5 & Tuna Tower making it much easier to find fish. Efren has led Guerita II to 3 release wins in Los Cabos Billfish Tournament & 1st place overall in Bisbee Release Division. We take great pride in providing outstanding personal service. Customers are mainly repeat or referrals which speaks for itself. Looking forward to welcoming you aboard the Guerita II.
Reviewed August 7, 2009

in one trip. 2 Blue Marlins and 8 Sailfish. Got 1 Blue and 6 Sails to the boat. It was crazy; had 3 sails on at one time, and 2 sails on another time. The best part was returning to the marina and seeing other boats with 0 or 1 fish flags up, then hearing all the "trash talk" from the other boats directed at Efren and Israel as we docked .

Reviewed August 1, 2009

I fished on the Guerita 2 and Capt Efram, back in February 2009
It was the highlight of my favorite vacation.
From the booking to the fishing , everything went off without a hitch.
Jaquie the owner, takes care of all the details and the capt. concentrates on getting you your fish. With my wife, two sons and one girl friend, we All got fish!
In total 7 Stripped Marlin, 2 Mako sharks, And one mahi mahi.

GueritaCabo, Owner/Manager at Guerita Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2009

Thank you so much for your review.
We always try to do our best to keep our customers well-informed & happy.
Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 18, 2007

Hi,
If you sport fish, you need to fish Los Cabos. I have never seen so many marlin in my life! They are just thick as mosquitos. And it's a crazy way of fishing too. Instead of trolling with a full 8-9 teaser/lure/bait staggered spread, these guys run a minimal four lure-only spread with two right off the stern and two way back.

The actual fishing takes place when the captain spots a marlin (or bait) from the tower and then guns the boat to position in front of the marlin while the mate throws a live baited hook at the marlin. Half the time the marlin turn their noses up at the baits but then a big bull dorado will step in and take it. But when a marlin does take it - look out!

Several times we saw a lone marlin off in the distance jumping - see the pics.

The details:

My wife and I fished Tuesday August 14th on the Guerita II with Efran and Jesus on Los Cabos Dock E. Boat charters are relatively cheap - about half to 3/4th's of what a similar boat in the US would cost. You'll need to pay for the bait and fishing license. Arrive early as the fishing license will need to be filled out and handed in that morning before departing. These guys really took care of us and worked their butts off. It's pretty clear to me that they love to fish because they wore me out and that's a hard thing to do when it comes to fishing. The dorado we took to Alexander and made reservations for later that evening. The marlin were released to be seen another day.

J.