“Truly a paradise”

Ranked #4 of 28 Cabo San Lucas B&B and Inns
Lewiston, Minnesota
“Truly a paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

We are still basking in our wonderful memories of this place. From the time you arrive and step through the weathered wooden gate nestled under vines, you feel like you've entered a hidden garden of eden. There are trickling fountains everywhere, lovely multi-colored birds chirping in their cages, and so many little places to explore and appreciate. The furniture they've used throughout the courtyards and bedrooms is so beautiful, all lending to the feel of old-world Mexican charm. In the evening, it transforms into this cozy, romantic setting, with candles everywhere and soft lighting througout.

My husband and I traveled here with two other couples, and spent two wonderful days and nights here before moving on to spend another week at one of the cabo resorts. Our friends stayed in the palapa rooms, which were absolutely gorgeous. My husband and I stayed in one of the enclosed rooms, and it was also soo very lovely and peaceful. The beds were VERY comfortable, which was quite a shock to us having stayed on many of the harder beds in Mexico in past years. Our friends who stayed in the palapa rooms did comment on some rooster noise, but I don't think that ended up mattering too much at all. We also enjoyed the use of the rooftop garden. We used the rooftop jacuzi on both nights of our stay, relaxing with drinks and sharing stories of the day. And in the morning the ladies would put on our lush bathrobes (courtesy of El Nido), go get our tea or coffee, and sit up in the morning sun, enjoying the feel of it all while waiting for our breakfast call. And the breakfasts, oh my... I never expected such wonderful, made-to-order food. I regret that I only stayed there to enjoy two of the choices on Sochi's menu... they were all so wonderful!!!!

I think I could write another 10 pages on this place and the folks who run it. It was just too wonderful for words, and I can honestly say I've never been treated better in any other place I have vacationed. Sochi (I apoligize if I've misspelled your name), Gary and Jose, we just can't thank you enough for your hospitality and for all of the little things you did to make us feel at home. You 3 are such WONDERFUL people who really treated us like family. And of COURSE thank you for sharing your new little Ruso with us; for us dog lovers, he was a little slice of heaven!

This is a very VERY special place, and I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to experience some real Mexican charm and beauty.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fishstyx430

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

My wife and I were recently planning a winter holiday to Cabo San Lucas, and during our research we found El Nido at Hacienda Escondida. This was the exactly the kind of place we were looking for, having stayed in B&Bs on our honeymoon in England. After reading over 40 reviews and not finding one negative comment, we decided to book our stay there.

All I can say is OMG! What a wonderful, wonderful place to stay! The hosts, Gary, Sotchie, and Jose are super, super friendly and make you feel right at home. Their 3 month old puppy Russo is adorable, and the breakfasts Sotchie and her assistant Lily prepared for us each morning are to die for, not to mention enjoying them in a beautiful courtyard with the serenading of budgies in the background!

This truly is an oasis in the desert! No phones, no TV, no internet - paradise if you want to get away from it all.

We are already looking forward to coming back next winter.

Here's a short video of the courtyard area:

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Holland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

Sochi, Gary and Jose have turned this quiet nieghborhood lot in to a slice of paradise. It would be enough to enjoy the beautiful room and common spaces but their hospitality makes it a cut above. You are truly made to feel you are part of the family. Sochi's breakfasts were the best food in town. Our room was spacious, beautifully appointed and had all the comforts of home. We chose the air conditioned room because we're very citified people. The palapas rooms were amazing and would be just the ticket for a romantic getaway. If you want to experience Cabo's culture, this is where you should stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

We spent only one night at El Nido but would recommend staying here longer if you plan on spending some time in Cabo and don't want to stay with hundreds of people on the beaches. This little place was an amazing surprise for us. The grounds were once a gravel parking lot that the owners built into this beautiful bed and breakfast. You feel as if it's been there for years wiith plants and trees growing everywhere! There is amazing tile work in the rooms, comfortable beds and the hosts are amazing!
We were greeted with cold Coronas and shown around the courtyard and to our room. We chose the more inexpensive route and got a bottom floor room. We were not disappointed. It was so quiet that we felt like we were the only ones there but found a few others at breakfast the next morning - which was totally traditional and delicious. I could see where renting this entire place for a group vacation would be ideal.
If you want to stay somewhere unique, away from the crowds with real character El Nido is where you want to be! If we go back to Cabo we won't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OneMamaLove
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

While I was there I had this entire dissertation in written my head about all the amazing qualities of this place; but I just can’t put it all into words. The family who runs El Nido are the nicest people I have ever met… They sincerely care about your. The grounds and room are beyond charming and romantic. If you are into enjoying the true rustic beauty and charm of Mexico then without a question, this is the place for you. If you are into mega resorts with Olympic pools or high rise 400 room hotels where no one knows your name, then this is not a place for your. Two thumbs up and on a scale of 1-10 this place is a 12.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

Took three palapas rooms for our extended family and it was like staying in heaven! Gary & Sochi are amazing hosts! It's kind of like staying in a hacienda with a wonderful open-air courtyard filled with birds and flowers! Breakfasts to order every morning were homemade, authentic mexican breakfasts and out-of-this world delicious! Chicita, the dog, stays outside and welcomes you every time you come and go! Ruso, their inside dog, is a beautiful golden retriever that we got to see a few times, too. It felt like home, but with the beauty of Mexico. My only suggestions are not to come at the hottest time of year, like we did!! And be open to potentially hearing roosters in the morning! We rented a car to get to all surfing, ziplines, bungee jumping, etc. but you can walk to town from the hotel. Love this place and HIGHLY recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

My hubby and I just came back from staying a week at Hacienda Escondida in Cabo San Lucas and we had a GREAT time!! I didn't want our vacation to end. I was so sad to leave I almost cry :'( This B&B is like an oasis in the middle of the dessert, literally!! The place is beautifully decorated and feels like home, no wait, better than home!! Our hosts Xochy, Jose and Gary were wonderful and very helpful even before getting there, answering to all our questions about the area and what to do while in town. The breakfasts were awesome, Xochy is a great cook!! And the mangos.......oh the mangos!!!!! so many! We also did some BBQ in their grill, that was cool. We first stayed in a regular room, very beautiful, big and clean and then decided to move to a palapa with our own jaccuzzi. We loved it!! The palapas are all very private and sooooo romantic!! I would have stayed another whole week!! If you like cozy, homy and friendly environment this is the place for you to stay while in Cabo! We'll love to come back one day!! you can check a short video of the place here:

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple