We are still basking in our wonderful memories of this place. From the time you arrive and step through the weathered wooden gate nestled under vines, you feel like you've entered a hidden garden of eden. There are trickling fountains everywhere, lovely multi-colored birds chirping in their cages, and so many little places to explore and appreciate. The furniture they've used throughout the courtyards and bedrooms is so beautiful, all lending to the feel of old-world Mexican charm. In the evening, it transforms into this cozy, romantic setting, with candles everywhere and soft lighting througout.
My husband and I traveled here with two other couples, and spent two wonderful days and nights here before moving on to spend another week at one of the cabo resorts. Our friends stayed in the palapa rooms, which were absolutely gorgeous. My husband and I stayed in one of the enclosed rooms, and it was also soo very lovely and peaceful. The beds were VERY comfortable, which was quite a shock to us having stayed on many of the harder beds in Mexico in past years. Our friends who stayed in the palapa rooms did comment on some rooster noise, but I don't think that ended up mattering too much at all. We also enjoyed the use of the rooftop garden. We used the rooftop jacuzi on both nights of our stay, relaxing with drinks and sharing stories of the day. And in the morning the ladies would put on our lush bathrobes (courtesy of El Nido), go get our tea or coffee, and sit up in the morning sun, enjoying the feel of it all while waiting for our breakfast call. And the breakfasts, oh my... I never expected such wonderful, made-to-order food. I regret that I only stayed there to enjoy two of the choices on Sochi's menu... they were all so wonderful!!!!
I think I could write another 10 pages on this place and the folks who run it. It was just too wonderful for words, and I can honestly say I've never been treated better in any other place I have vacationed. Sochi (I apoligize if I've misspelled your name), Gary and Jose, we just can't thank you enough for your hospitality and for all of the little things you did to make us feel at home. You 3 are such WONDERFUL people who really treated us like family. And of COURSE thank you for sharing your new little Ruso with us; for us dog lovers, he was a little slice of heaven!
This is a very VERY special place, and I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to experience some real Mexican charm and beauty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Bed & Breakfast is located on a quiet cul-de-sac in old town Cabo San Lucas, three blocks away from the original town square and five blocks away from the Cabo marina. This authentically Mexican bed & breakfast has a total of six uniquely decorated rooms, as well as a restaurant and cantina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Nido at Hacienda Escondida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido At Hacienda Escondida Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- El Nido At Hacienda Escondida Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos