All reviewsmexican breakfasta wonderful staysochihostsbnbcabo
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Sochi, Gary and Jose have turned this quiet nieghborhood lot in to a slice of paradise. It would be enough to enjoy the beautiful room and common spaces but their hospitality makes it a cut above. You are truly made to feel you are part of the family. Sochi's breakfasts were the best food in town. Our room was spacious, beautifully appointed and had all the comforts of home. We chose the air conditioned room because we're very citified people. The palapas rooms were amazing and would be just the ticket for a romantic getaway. If you want to experience Cabo's culture, this is where you should stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We spent only one night at El Nido but would recommend staying here longer if you plan on spending some time in Cabo and don't want to stay with hundreds of people on the beaches. This little place was an amazing surprise for us. The grounds were once a gravel parking lot that the owners built into this beautiful bed and breakfast. You feel as if it's been there for years wiith plants and trees growing everywhere! There is amazing tile work in the rooms, comfortable beds and the hosts are amazing!
We were greeted with cold Coronas and shown around the courtyard and to our room. We chose the more inexpensive route and got a bottom floor room. We were not disappointed. It was so quiet that we felt like we were the only ones there but found a few others at breakfast the next morning - which was totally traditional and delicious. I could see where renting this entire place for a group vacation would be ideal.
If you want to stay somewhere unique, away from the crowds with real character El Nido is where you want to be! If we go back to Cabo we won't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OneMamaLove
Reviewed September 1, 2010

While I was there I had this entire dissertation in written my head about all the amazing qualities of this place; but I just can’t put it all into words. The family who runs El Nido are the nicest people I have ever met… They sincerely care about your. The grounds and room are beyond charming and romantic. If you are into enjoying the true rustic beauty and charm of Mexico then without a question, this is the place for you. If you are into mega resorts with Olympic pools or high rise 400 room hotels where no one knows your name, then this is not a place for your. Two thumbs up and on a scale of 1-10 this place is a 12.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Took three palapas rooms for our extended family and it was like staying in heaven! Gary & Sochi are amazing hosts! It's kind of like staying in a hacienda with a wonderful open-air courtyard filled with birds and flowers! Breakfasts to order every morning were homemade, authentic mexican breakfasts and out-of-this world delicious! Chicita, the dog, stays outside and welcomes you every time you come and go! Ruso, their inside dog, is a beautiful golden retriever that we got to see a few times, too. It felt like home, but with the beauty of Mexico. My only suggestions are not to come at the hottest time of year, like we did!! And be open to potentially hearing roosters in the morning! We rented a car to get to all surfing, ziplines, bungee jumping, etc. but you can walk to town from the hotel. Love this place and HIGHLY recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2010

My hubby and I just came back from staying a week at Hacienda Escondida in Cabo San Lucas and we had a GREAT time!! I didn't want our vacation to end. I was so sad to leave I almost cry :'( This B&B is like an oasis in the middle of the dessert, literally!! The place is beautifully decorated and feels like home, no wait, better than home!! Our hosts Xochy, Jose and Gary were wonderful and very helpful even before getting there, answering to all our questions about the area and what to do while in town. The breakfasts were awesome, Xochy is a great cook!! And the mangos.......oh the mangos!!!!! so many! We also did some BBQ in their grill, that was cool. We first stayed in a regular room, very beautiful, big and clean and then decided to move to a palapa with our own jaccuzzi. We loved it!! The palapas are all very private and sooooo romantic!! I would have stayed another whole week!! If you like cozy, homy and friendly environment this is the place for you to stay while in Cabo! We'll love to come back one day!! you can check a short video of the place here:

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple